Topic: Any good horror novels I should keep an eye out?

Going to do some major personal shopping after christmas.

Just wondering if there's any good decent horror books at Barnes and Noble besides stupid crap like Alice in Zombieland or whatever.

There any decent Clive Barker books I should buy and read that doesnt involve Cenobites?

Re: Any good horror novels I should keep an eye out?

Bad Men by John Connolly.

Anything Edward Lee.

It's been quite awhile since I've last read a horror novel. I remember 'Tick Tock' by Dean Koontz being pretty good though, along with 'The Voice of the Night'.

Funny Creech, I hated Tick Tock and was the final nail as to why I will never read another of his books.  Though, not saying it was bad, just not my thing...and of course to each their own.  smile

Ghostseeker wrote:

Funny Creech, I hated Tick Tock and was the final nail as to why I will never read another of his books.  Though, not saying it was bad, just not my thing...and of course to each their own.  smile

Right on. It might very well have been bad, I just remember liking it when I read it about three years back. Of course, I haven't read a lot of Koontz, just a few of his stories...I really liked Night Chills - that's like my favorite of what I have read of him. Anyway, can't guarantee my tastes in anything is actually good, I just enjoy whatever 'gets me'.

Gotta check out John Dies at the End. Excellent horror/comedy novel.

Sus hey I always wonder what you would do if I was crusing along and almost went thru a red light ... district tongue

So what about Clive  Barker books? Are they any good or boring?

Is his book Thief something Always good or whatever?

As to Clive-
Books of Blood and Cabal.

I also just got John Dies in the End from the library but read about 2 pages so far, but I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.

urrutiap wrote:

SIs his book Thief something Always good or whatever?

It seems like its trying to be come off all artsy and evocative, and it just comes off plodding and dull.

So no.