Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

It's a good movie but tbh, I just wanted to see the apes in action and I wasn't disappointed. 8/10

Flying Guillotine (1975): * Not to be confused with "master of the Flying Guillotine*

One of my all time favorite martial arts movies is Master of the flying guillotine. It has great fight scenes, cool weapons, and is cheesy as f*** at times. So, Flying Guillotine had a lot to live up to. I was not disappointed! I wouldn't rate it as high because the lack of fight scenes, but never the less still a fun movie to see if your into this kind of flick. 6.5/10

Inception (2010)

Christopher Nolan does it again, bringing forth a complex and interesting story. It has a great cast, and the ending really makes you think when it delves in to the realms of the dream world. Good movie, though a little confusing.

^^^
Ellen Page is freaking insanely great in this.

PLEASANTVILLE
Been a while I haven't seen it but thanks to Tele-Quebec it was on TV and man, it blew my mind even more than the first time.
So beautiful, so touching I cried, so poetic, the contrast of the black & white with color is just amazing. And WHAT A STORY.
Yeah, things and people change. That's the highway life takes.
A BRILLIANT movie. 666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-27 23:08:42)

Flight (2012) - good film, great performances. 7/10

Conan The Barbarian (2011)

Never saw the original, but it was a fun "shut your brain off" movie. 7/10

Up. Pixar film, I cried like a baby and absolutely loved it!

28 Days.

I have a thing for Sandra Bullock.  Sue me.

Total Eclipse (1995) - 8/10

Solid acting, historically accurate, and all-in-all pretty well done. It's the story of the relationship of two French poets, Rimbaud & Verlain (played by Leonardo Dicaprio & David Thewlis). I wish more of the poetry was featured in the movie though, that would be my one complaint.

Also, Verlain's wife in the movie, Mathilde, is hot. Especially in one particular scene (or as some from the HM podcasts might say, "BOOBIES!". big_smile

Last edited by The Creature (2012-12-28 13:19:57)

Prometheus

Killer Joe- A young drug dealer is in debt for six grand and decides to hire a hit man to take out his mother, and then collect on her insurance policy of $50.000 so he can pay off his dealer. The son also promises his dad a part of the insurance policy money after the deed is done. The hit goes down, but the policy money doesn't get collected. In turn: the hit man (Matthew McConaughey) wants his money, the son wants his sister back, because the hit man took his sister as collateral till he's payed. 

Although this thriller of a movie appears to be about a drug dealer and a hit man. It's not! It's about a F'ed up dysfunctional  family. And just how low one will go when family values/morals are compromised. And let me tell you that " this family has no values."  Not to mention that after seeing this movie, you'll probably never look at a leg of chicken again, without thinking about this movie!

7/10

Last edited by Underdog (2012-12-30 19:17:11)

I sat down with my family and watched the entire extended cut of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - all 4 hours worth. This is an EPIC movie. It's incredible, I cry my eyes out every time. It has a special place in my heart, an absolutely amazing film

^^^
It's my favorite of them all. Sooo awesome. And the ghosts of the ancient warriors are in this and aside the 4 horsemen, it's the best Evil thing in the whole series IMO. smile

KUNG-FU PANDA is a great animation film. He's so funny. Great watch a few hours away from he big change. 10/10 I'm a fan of animated movies so they ALL get 10/10. lol

2012 Seemed like a nice way to say vye to that year. Loved it the 9 times I watched it yet. Awosme everyrging in it.  9/10

21 Jump Street (2012) - 9/10
Men in Black 3 (2012) - 8/10

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

This is the 3rd time I've watched it. I've seen it twice in theaters and I can honestly say rebooting the Spider-Man movies was a great idea. Spider-Man is typically shown as a bright and optimistic superhero but this reboot shows that he can be dark and an outcast, with no place in society. Upon repeated viewing, I gotta say this really brought the best out of Spider-Man.

Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert

Hunger Games

The Scorpion King 2: Rise of A Warrior

Rurouni Kenshin live action.
It was really well done. Haven't seen the anime that it was based on. It's on my list.

FRANKIE & JOHNNY
I'm kicking myself in the butt for not seeing this before. What a STELLAR piece. Stellar like De Niro and Pfeiffer in it, the play their characters so brilliantly. Yup, what a flasbaturative time spent. Amazed totally I am by this.
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! 666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-02 00:32:42)

^^^ Deniro, eh?  You sure about that? wink

^^^
Mwahahaha No idea why, I always mix those 2. It's like they're just one and only person. I"ll call that duo Padecininoro from now on. lol

Trouble With The Curve- A aging pro baseball scout is losing his sight, and his job is in jeopardy because of it. His daughter, a lawyer,  decides to take a leave of absence from her job to help him.

The film is about: relationships, love, devotion, and lastly baseball.

Not Eastwood's best film, but not to say that it's not good. If you like baseball? Watch it! If you like Eastwood films? Watch it! If it's a film that has a lot of energy and is fast paced your looking for? You may want to skip it?

7/10

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON is on TV now and this is really an other MASTERfruckingPIECE.
What a wild story really. And superior acting skills by everyone in there.
My favorite part is when they are at war on the boat and than german ships attack them. The way they filmed the bullet is just way too crazy. Yeah loved it so much. Was my 4th time watching this and everytime I watch that it's getting better and better. 666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-02 23:19:13)