Topic: Spring 2013 Movie Nights

Been talkin' with some of the folks, and we came up with some ideas.

For January, Acey wants to do a Wheels of Terror night.  Movies to be named later.

February is Valentine's themed, as usual.  Movies to be named later.

For March, I'm thinking March Madness.  3 crazy Thai/Hong Kong flicks-  The Seventh Curse, Mystics of Bali, and Eternal Evil of Asia.  They're all slower, but they're so weird there should be enough to talk about.

Let me know your thoughts.  I'll put up sporadically random updates.

Re: Spring 2013 Movie Nights

You know I'm always down for movie nights. smile

I had an idea for February.  Since it has Valentine's Day, I was thinking maybe we could do a "Cheap Date" themed movie night with no-budget, shot-on-video movies.  They're hard to come by but I've got several on the ol' external storage device that I can load up to dropbox for others to DL.

Just a thought.

^^
That could work.

Operative word being "could."  Check your PMs. lol

I can't believe I forgot the last movie night. I actually just remembered that now. Oops.

Anyway, I'm down for that idea in March for sure (and Lon's idea for February).

The voting results made me laugh like EVIL H3LL!!!

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/7773/rockpaperscissors.jpg

Can't wait to see the flicks.

Cheap Dates sounds gnarly.

Ah, almost didn't think about this but april's still spring and flowers start to pop out, what about a vegetation themed thing, Evil Dead'll be out and the trees are freaking mean in this.
Just saying... smile

^^^ And maybe Little Shop of Horrors. big_smile

^^^
OOOH definitely. What a crazy film. big_smile

I'm in for everything big_smile

Love the cheap date night idea, and the crazy Thai will be awesome big_smile

I remember when I was young and we had Little Shop of Horrors in my house, and I thought (for obvious reasons) it was a horror movie.

Man, wasn't I surprised with what I got.

If we're doing "killer plants" for April, Troll 2 is auto-in by monkey decree.

edit-
I don't think we've done Evil Dead 1 yet.
And Lon's Cheap Date Night movies are pretty good.  I've seen a couple of them, I'll have to check the rest.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-12-29 17:42:13)

Down for it all. Other half will no doubt make an annoying appearance again.

Would like to join in. Gotta make sure I have some of the films downloaded and put on the iPad.

Az -- Another flick I can add to that SOV list is The Vicious Sweet -- IF the damn thing will ever finish downloading.  I've been DLing it for five days or so and am only about 30% finished.  Frustrating, but it's one of the better of the 90s SOV boom, IMO.

^
Gotcha hoss.

UV threw out some more ideas for later on while I was talking with her:

Apocalypse Night
Spoof Night
Original vs. Remake Night
Another Franchise Origins Night
Anthologies Night

Just put that out there so you folks could think about it.  But remember, after May, attendance drops like a rock until September.

Original vs Remake night sounds fabby to me!

I love all the ideas UV came up with. Especially the original vs remake and the spoof night. If anyone is online right now we're also discussing ideas on Skype.

Ah, sorry I missed it.  Had a long night, slept right through this. hmm

Can we do a Psycho Women night at some point? This month would have been great as it's Women in Horror Month but we've already had our go for this month, so any time would be good.

I'm thinking Misery, The Loved Ones, maybe something like Rosemary's Baby or Excision or American Mary?

Give me a week or 2 to recover.  I think I have a dozen different proposals for themes at this point, lol .  I like the idea of having some newer stuff, since we've been hitting older (70s/80s) stuff pretty hard recently.

Loved Ones, Excision, American Mary all seem to be popular around here, and I haven't seen any of them yet.  We'll see.

what about a British horror night at sometime?

I think a Psycho Women night sounds awesome, I second that.

Whatever the next movie night may be, I shall be there (with bells on).

@Wolfy-
Would you want older Brit, like Hammer, or more current stuff, like Shaun of the Dead?

We can try to add a second movie night in a month to accommodate all these cool ideas.
But then again people are busy with stuff.
Just a thought though.

a psycho woman night sounds good

Az how about a mixture of older and more recent British horror, theres been a lot of them.