Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Got the Friday the 13th 1-8 Collection at Best Buy and watched 1 2 3 with my wife, going to watch at least 4 5 6 today, if not a few more.

Dracula's Daughter (1936)
I get some days off. Here's hoping I get a few more movies under my belt.

Trick r Treat (2007)

I say this alot, but what a wonderful atmosphere including the air that Halloween and the autumn season brings with it. 10/10

Watching Dead Silence. 10/10

Excision (2012) - Finally, watched half of it awhile back and couldnt get into it and finally finished it up...its weird but ended up being better than I expected. The end really leaves ya hanging though.

6/10

Curse of the Puppet Master (Video 1998)
(I was going to skip this one)

This movie is a stand alone movie in the series, as not connected the last two movies or the others,

Is brand new master and this as New plot, A scientist attempts to master the art of transferring people's souls into puppets.

I didn't think it was too bad but i liked the Idea of plot, it's brought some freshness to the series, it felt like the Puppet as some of Creep factor back.

There were some very bloody moment in this, which was not bad,

I felt same as all the other in this series, another Avrage movie

The acting was not that good at all from some of the cast and some were bearable

5 out of 10

Puppet Master: The Legacy (2004)

Well I have only seen half of this movie, I could it not find it on DVD, Youtube had it but half the part was taken down

The only think i can say about this movie, If I saw this first , there would be no need to see the ones before.

All this movie dose is tell you what you already know, flashback to all of the others movies . they show the best part of each time.

I never saw the movie end, I can not fully review it! 

Not rated

I seen Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys (2004)

I Will review in full tomorrow

Dance of the dead smile

Flesh Eater
ah oh shit its like Bill Hinzman thought he did such a wonderful thing by being a dead guy in Romeros Night, he had to di\o his own thing....
He should have left it alone instead of making a fool of himself. As you can tell i Aint a big fan of Flesh Eater cause its worse than the worse I like...

Flesh eater sucked I didnt even finish watching it

Dagon (2001) - A couple of nice looking ladies who get nakid, but apart from that, pretty ho-hum.  2/5.  First watch.

Rituals aka The Creeper (1977) - A fantastic little gem out of Canada.  It has been a long time since I last watched it, and well worth the wait.  4/5.  Rewatch.

Reel Evil (2012) - Yet another found footage flick set in an abandoned mental institution, the fact that they tried to change up the plot by making it about a documentary crew filming a movie being shot there couldn't help out the effort.  Just weak.  1.5/5.  First watch.

Don't know if this counts, since it's a web series.  EverymanHybrid, a Slenderman series.  Not nearly as good as Marble Hornets.  Hybrid took the same ideas from MH and just screwed it up royally; almost nothing actually spooky or scary occurs.  The story is not even engaging.  Both series are still going.

MH- 8/10 (so far)
Hybrid- 4/10 (so far)

There is one other Slenderman series I'm going to check out.  Called TwelveTribe, I believe.  Get back to you on that one.

edit- it you have any interest in spooky Slenderman stuff, stick to Marble Hornets.  The only "Slenderman" appearances in Hybrid is by a fake guy trying to spook the audience.  They even admit it later on.  ???

(And yes, I know the whole thing is an urban myth.  I just like how some people played with the idea.)

/edit

Last edited by azathoth (2012-12-31 22:31:44)

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Flesh eater sucked I didnt even finish watching it

Thanks Dead ,,Daph for real... really I'm glad you said that babe I dont feel so alone on this flick!

Dario Argento's Stendhal Syndrome, Uncut version.  I'd only ever seen the cut version before, but it's been so long ago I couldn't spot the differences between the two.  At any rate, it's not as bad as most folks make it out to be.  It definitely has its faults and is far from Argento's best work, but the parts which do work about it work like gangbusters.  6/10

First movie of 2013 was

Phantasm (1979)

I Have seen this once before, I do remember that wasn't to keen on it, as could not really get into the movie then, I got to say I had the same feeling after watching it again this morning.

There were some decent creepy parts in this movie, that enjoyed then the last I saw it! and I thought bloody moments was better then I remembered

I did not like how plot came to the end and I did not like how the movie ended.

I thought it was Okay Average horror movie 5 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-01-01 10:07:27)

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Got the Friday the 13th 1-8 Collection at Best Buy and watched 1 2 3 with my wife, going to watch at least 4 5 6 today, if not a few more.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is one of the best, if not the best Friday movie.

I don't like picking favorite Friday the 13th movies because I love them all for different reasons.  I watched Friday the 13th Part 4 The Final Chapter last night!  Gotta love Corey Feldman and Crispin Glover in the same movie!

The Stepfather (1987)

I seen the first part of the movie before, I think it was on really late, so i had to missed the other that time.

Now that seen the movie in full, I found this movie really good,

I really enjoyed watching this movie, I was really into the movie, I found that movie flowed really well from start to end.

There some-what tense moment, Which could be a bit more edge,  it's decent, there were some nice bloody moment in this movie.

I thought the ending was really good, it's shame ends up being a lie. (I know alive for next sequel) 

There were few thinks that really annoyed me this movie, I found what was point of those, when added nothing to the last scene and I just some other scenes a bit of a time waster.

The acting was really good from everyone in the the movie, over the Mr Lock was outstanding.

7 out of 10

The Boogeyman (1980)

Creepy guy haunting two siblings involved in his death - big focus on mirrors. Actually I drifted off at the end so I'll probably have to rewatch it. I kind of liked it, had some good things going for it. Maybe it's just me, but the title for the movie seemed weak. The Phantom Shard of Glass, maybe? big_smile
_______

Also watched Small Soldiers a few days ago (used to watch it a lot). Not a horror at all, but it's a good Joe Dante movie if anyone hasn't seen it. I think they were going for a straight up kids movie, but the end result was slightly darker so that upped the rating. Reminds me of Gremlins in a way with its rating problem - parents did complain about this too.

No killing, but some blood. The Commando Elite are awesome, I always root for them - sweet designs too. I always wished that this movie was just a straight horror, as dark as Puppet Master or something - just show Chip Hazard and his crew actually putting those homemade weapons to use.

John Dies at the End

John Dies at the End is far from your everyday normal movie, in fact it's one of the most weird films I have ever seen but I knew what to expect going into the movie because of the book it is based on that goes by the same name, and is written by David Wong. The plot in itself is very weird, and even confusing at times but don't let that take anything away from the movie. The plot is based around the two main characters Dave and John and what happens after they both take a new drug that is on the street called 'Soy Sauce'. The plot is very original and takes Dave and John (and you watching) on a wild ride that you will never forget.

If you haven't read the book and don't know what you are expecting I will give you a tip, don't go into this movie expecting it to change film forever, or do something even revolutionary - because it doesn't. But what it does do is, it gives you hilarious scene after scene that could not be expected in any way, shape or form.

Chase Williamson who plays Dave and Rob Mayes who plays John are perfect fits for the roles, they really capture the characters from the book and bring them to life on the big screen. From Dave not understanding what is going on to John acting crazy, both guys do an excellent job. A face you may recognize from some other films is Paul Giamatti (Saving Private Ryan, The Illusionist) who plays Arnie, the journalist interviewing Dave. Other performances by smaller actors and actress all do good and hold their parts well too.

One of the few gripes I actually have with the movie is the way it's cut, in some scenes it feels like the scene is being cut at a very odd time. In some scenes the shot will be cut directly after someone is finished talking, like seconds and you're straight into a new scene again. It kind of gives off that unpolished feeling in some spots. My last gripe with the movie would the parts where Dave is thinking and you are hearing his thoughts, but his thoughts are worded as if they were for someone listening to him (note: Arnie is listening to his story, but when it's getting played out, you are hearing his thoughts and it's not as if he is just thinking to himself, it's as if he is thinking with someone else listening in his mind) and it actually took me out of the movie a few times which is a shame.

If you judge John Dies at the End on its own and not take the book into consideration (I tried to not compare it to the book that often) then it's a very fun movie that is a must see for its comedy, brilliant characters and some great special effects. But if you are comparing it to the book it's obviously not as good which is usual with books turning into movies, but that's not saying it's a bad movie by any length.

John Dies at the End is a very good film on it's own merits, it has an original plot that you will not get any where else, two fantastic main characters that will make you laugh every time they are on-screen and some monsters that are very memorable.

But my main point I want to get across is, if you aren't a fan of movies that are extremely strange and weird, make little sense and are not realistic in any form then do not waste your own hard earned money on this film because it's not a film everyone will enjoy.

Rating: 8.5/10

Phantasm II (1988)

I wasn't to keen on first movie, I was thinking of giving this series a miss but I am clad i didn't it.

This sequel was a blast, I loved everything about this movie,  one the best sequel , I have to say it was even better then first movie.

I really enjoyed how they connected to the first movie and add a bit of new plot to keep the story little more fresh and repeat the same story as the first again.

I found this movie had a lot more action in this movie, I love the effect in this movie was really good and a bit gooey  in good way.

There meant to be a twist in the story, I saw that coming a mile way,   I would not even call a twist at all. 

The acting was really  good in this movie, this wasn't as creepy as first however I still found it a lot more fun to watch then the first.

I going to give sequel 8 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-01-01 17:18:55)

Just finished off my 3rd Slenderman web series, Tribe Twelve.  I put it up there with Marble Hornets, way above EverymanHybrid.  Adds to the legend by incorporating a group that "worships" Slendy.
8/10

Four Flies on Grey Velvet, again.  I just can't get enough of this flick, it's precise symbolism, its evocative themes and, of course, Mimsy Farmer.  I consider this Argetno's first genuinely good giallo flick; to me his first two films, Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Cat O' Nine Tails, were Argento dipping his toe in the giallo waters, whereas Four Flies was Argento diving in head-first.  There's so much going on beneath the surface of this flick that most folks don't catch on to...

Anyway.  8/10

Terror Train

Oh what a fun one ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE HUNTER is,
See I'm one of them Dark Vampires so I can't do anything else but like movies about us. lol
Even if that Lincoln f*cker tries to kill us. Great atmosphere in this and man, the only thing I really need to say about this movie is 3 words.
MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD!!! Damn she's gorgeous it's sick.
And she does a great job. As ALWAYS...
Was definitely worth all the way too long wait. smile 9/10