Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I just watched Tenebrae again. Man is that an incredible movie! I was more blown away by it this time round than the first, and I knew what was coming!

It is almost a perfect movie for me, and epitomises my utter love for Argento. Fantastic, amazing stuff. And some of the best kills in history too. Man I love that film!!!

^^^
Don't we all??? wink

I bloody hope so big_smile Just a beautiful film

Hahaha Yeah love the Argento's colors, so graphicly perfect. He's the damn MAN!!! smile

Stepfather II (1989)

The first movie was great, the plot and the movie flowed really well and the ending was classic.

Its a shame that ending was lie to make room for this bland Sequel.

This movie was very bland from start to end, it takes to long to get going, it's plots was way to slow for the movie.

The ending was the only decent part, Which dose not make up for very long drawn out plot, we seen again, with nothing new added and less action then first movie. 

The the movie very dull and bland, The ending was good however it's like they also had enough and  lets just rush the ending.

There were some bloody moment and okay acting, Even John Lock looked a bit bored in some part of this movie.   

His good  playing a really good psycho

4 out of 10

John Dies at the End - The novel the film is based on is one of the best horror novels I've ever read. So how does the movie compare? Not good. They bascially took the first 90 pages of the book and the last 40 and completely left out everything else. Including a HUGE twist that happened in the book. The movie only lasted 90 minutes when it should have lasted at least two hours, some of the cgi effects were laughable some of the camera work just plain amateurish. It was at least entertaining and the acting coming from the leads was good. Overall it's a very mixed bag 5.5/10

@Suspiria

Being a huge fan of the novel myself, I thought the movie was actually done quite well to be honest. The only CGI that was bad was Korrok and I thought that Dave and John (more so John) were performed great. It's obviously not as good as the book, it's rare that a movie outdoes a book but does do it justice at the end of the day.

Also about the length, it could of been longer but I think the right choice was to not have it surpass 120 minutes. It would just be too long for the type of film it is.

But then again, this is just my opinion lol

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994)

I didn't think was as good as Sequel, I did find some part of this movie just bit better then first.

I really enjoyed how the movie started off, was really good, there a few good decent scare scenes at the start.

I thought it was great to start this movie however the movies soon dies down and takes it's while for it's to get going again.

There few scenes that enjoyed but it shame the scene before and after a little bit dull,  I didn't really like that more people got involved

even for few seconds I thought I was watch Home Alone  Horror  style,  when added the new kid to the movie , I wasn't sure were the plot was going in this one, it all come together in the end.

Near the end of the movie, I was only really half watching, So overall it's not were near as good as the second movie, i found some part of the movie better then first.

The acting in this movie from some of the cast is really wooden at times,

6 out of 10

SCARY OR DIE
Man that clown is fucking EVIL as H3LL. 8/10

"The Loved Ones" makes "Misery" look like " Mary Poppins". a good effective, wince inducing little Australian Film with two of the nastiest nutters you'll see on screen and i couldn't wait to see them get theirs. 8/10.

BASSI wrote:

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994)

I didn't think was as good as Sequel, I did find some part of this movie just bit better then first.

-snip snip-

Near the end of the movie, I was only really half watching, So overall it's not were near as good as the second movie, i found some part of the movie better then first.

The acting in this movie from some of the cast is really wooden at times,

6 out of 10

Totally agree. I've seen those three movies and the second one was definitely the peak. I still enjoyed the third - got to see some more sweet action with that shotgun!

^ Have you seen the fourth ?

I was going watch it tonight

Stepfather III (1992)

Wow, I add I thought second one was bad,

This the stepfather as yet again  escaped from the insane asylum and had his face surgically, that one to add a re-cast into the story.

This was no wear near as good as first movie, it was even worse then second movie, which I didn't not like that much,

However  I do think this movie was far more bloody then the other two movies put together, there were few gory deaths in this movie, even the way they show the death scenes look a bit strange in bad way.

The acting in this movie was really bad from most of the cast,  I didn't think  Robert Wightman was the right person for this role,  I just could find him believable as the killer.

I did like how the movie ended,  also some parts of the movie are very predicable as we seen twice, with little sub plot about boy in wheelchair.

I was not aware that this was TV movie until now, I thought it was decent and really bloody for TV movie, the acting was really bad in this movie.

4 out of 10

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

I just watched Tenebrae again. Man is that an incredible movie! I was more blown away by it this time round than the first, and I knew what was coming!

It is almost a perfect movie for me, and epitomises my utter love for Argento. Fantastic, amazing stuff. And some of the best kills in history too. Man I love that film!!!

I almost made it through.
Fell asleep towards the end...sorry hmm

John Dies at the End (2012) - It was pretty original I guess but not without being totally weird also. 

6/10

The Possession (2012) - not bad but a bit cliche especially some of the corny dialouge by the demon/possessed girl. Still worth a watch, the acting is good and there are some fiarly creepy moments.

6/10

Finished off my 3rd Slendy web series (Dark Horizons), and am nearly done with the 4th (The Dead are Watching).

Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998)

I not really sure how I feel about this movie, it got to the weirdest one of them all,

I did not really like this movie that much, it's took me while to get into the movie, like the first movie.

I there bit more action then the last movie, how ever still not as good as the second movie in the series.

I did not find this movie scary or creepy at all, even felt like bloody effects were lower then before even  thought yellow think seen less in this movie.

The acting was very decent there were decent twist here and there, which you can see coming miles away.

The acting was really good in this movie from the whole cast

As this movie had little more action then the first i gong to give it 7 out of 10

^^
At this point, they were scrapping the bottom of the barrel for money.  They pulled it off with $650K.  It felt like they lost the original idea, or were trying to go to another idea and just couldn't do it.

^^^ Phantasm IV was originally supposed to be called Phantasm 1999 AD, written by Roger Avary (co-writer of Pulp Fiction, writer of Beowulf and Silent Hill) and was supposed to be this big, epic, post-apocalyptic thing.  But after months and months of trying to secure a budget it became apparent they weren't going to get a budget the size they needed, so Coscarelli scraped together a much smaller and cheaper script so they could at least get some money. 

I wish he'd stuck it out with Avary, though.  I've never been a fan of this series at all and the only entry I think is half-decent is part 2, but considering Avary is a far better writer, at least if they'd made that film it might have turned out to be a decent chunk of b-movie horror.  Alas...

The Pack (1977) - Another one that I haven't seen for a long time.  I remember as a kid being freaked out by the idea of a being attacked by a pack of dogs, but watching it now, it is really pretty tame by todays standards.  Still a decent flick plus, I have always liked Joe Don Baker since seeing him in Walking Tall.  3/5.

San Lazaro (2011) - Two estranged friends travel to the town of San Lazaro to seek the help of a faith healer in saving one of their brothers who is possessed by an evil spirit.  For a low budget flick out of the Phillipines it is okay.  It has some funny moments, but it is also pretty light on action.  3/5.

The burning

George Costanza with Hair

^^^ And Holly Hunter as a background extra. wink

BASSI wrote:

^ Have you seen the fourth ?

Not yet no. Haven't felt like getting around to it since I heard it wasn't great

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Phantasm IV was originally supposed to be called Phantasm 1999 AD, written by Roger Avary (co-writer of Pulp Fiction, writer of Beowulf and Silent Hill) and was supposed to be this big, epic, post-apocalyptic thing.

Now that sounded cool. Sucks that it fell through.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

The Gate - As 80's as you can get LOL. Simple but fun story, good cast and some cool practial effects. 8/10

^^^ I think I'm one of the only horror fans over the age of 30 who has yet to see that movie.  One of these days. lol