Re: The HM Comic Book Nerd Thread

Ohhhh Sandman and Death. I worship them.
Just love tha amazingness of Gaiman and McKean. smile

Yeah I love the series.  I have liked all of Neil Gaimen's books so far.

I'll have to check them out, you guys say they're good...chances are they're good in my eyes!

Oh they are.
Just to see what their minds is like check Mirror Mask, a movie they did together with Neil writting and Dave directing. Awesome trip it is.

And DirtyGirl, ever read American Gods???
What an amazing piece of great work of litterature this is.

That's what I always loved about Sandman, Death and the dream crew, the fantastic story writting and the out of this world drawings. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-03 16:03:22)

You know who I'd love to see fight? Ghost Rider and Magneto. It would be an interesting fight and I'm sure they both would have interesting tricks up their sleeve.

Oh yeah, that'd rock.

Or Spawn VS Carnage. That I truely wanna see.

^^^ GR would fry Magneto, dude.  Dude's one of the most powerful demon spirits in hell with mastery over supernatural hellfire; Magento can move metal around.  GR's Penance Stare alone would reduce Magento to a heap.

Hey, you guys up there talking about horror comics -- you should also check out Hellblazer, from DC's Vertigo line.  It's ending this year at issue 300 but not because it's no good; it's consistently among the best written comics.  The movie Constantine was based on it, but don't let the turd-ness of that flick fool you; Hellblazer's a fantastic horror/demon/occult comic.

^^^
I concur. Amazing it is.

I haven't read those ones yet Lon.  I noticed them before though when I was looking for the Hellraiser comics.  They look good!

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2013-01-03 19:19:06)

"Thinking about picking up "Before Watchmen" any thoughts?"

They vary in quality, but the Minutemen one is quite good. Night Owl is also pretty good. The others I can take or leave, but they're all entertaining enough. The only exception is The Comedian one, which I don't care for because of some of the changes they made.