Topic: The DAMN NHL Lockout Thread

Man, miss my freaucking hockey so much.
10 days left and we're not gonna have anything this year, crap.

Players made 3 propositions which of course Bettman threw in the garbage.

This guy's really in it only for the damn $$$, many fans have been saying that since the beginning of the lockout and I am totally one of them.

It's the third time there's a lockout since he's the NHL's cappo.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1466 … test-talks

Well you know what??? Screw Bettman and bring me back my sport.

NNN...............................OOO...............................WWW!!!
Damnit. sad

What's your take on all this guys and girls???

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-03 08:49:11)

Re: The DAMN NHL Lockout Thread

After the last lockout, I was just getting back into hockey again.  Now this.   I doubt I'll care anymore, you can't just stop a sport every couple of years.  Fehr is a dork, Bettman is a dork, they're all dorks.  The NHL seems to have the most convoluted revenue path of all major sports, and parts of it seem to be "secret."  The NBA was having some problems, but the newest CBA seemed to clarify that.  MLB and NFL are fairly transparent, for the most part.  Hockey is just some weird place where stuff happens. 

I really don't care anymore.

i don't give a f'ing hoot about hockey right now i'm so sick and tired of being held hostage by all the greed of these guys. I'm making millions and it's not enough. F&*^ you guys try stepping into the real world you guys don't realize how good you guys have it and it's just not enough for you guys. We all should go on strike from going to games and buying stuff and see how you like it (i know this'll never happen but oh well).

Yeah exactly. Man I miss the old 70-90 days so much. wasn't as hidden and money hooked up as it as become and this is sad.
I grew up watching Hockey Night and it saddens me that money is now more important than the performances, entertainment, wild beer drinking eating tacos and fun with friends we have.

Freaking damn money... sad

I was of the attitude of who cares,but after watching the Spenglar cup which was awesome and the World Juniors it has got me wanting to watch the NHL again.Even though I don't think I can care as much I once did.Bettman is a weasel that has ruined hockey and it is not just the lock outs the whole Phoenix fiasco has been some shady stuff that shouldn't be happening.

Yeah, the last strike really pushed me away and hockey never recovered form it in my opinion, especially when ESPN stopped showing games.  I did get back into it.  Then my beloved Hawks won it all.  Now this.  I don't know if I'll ever support it again.

I have tons of hockey memorabilia.  Many jerseys, figures, miniature zambonis, wall hangings...many things.  We moved and I haven't put them up yet and not sure I will.  I refuse to wear my Hawks beanies and shirts.   

Its almost laughable that a sport can keep striking that few people care about any way.

MINIATURE ZAMBONI??? Holy H3LL man this is so cool. smile

Even if I truely miss the Gretsky years, I'll still be loving hockey, hey, it's the most important thing there is here in Canada, even much more than in the USA.
The news talk more about this than any other thing when the season runs.

If you ask me, the old days went away the year the new teams came aboard. All started wwith the year the Canucks started. And it's going to crap ever since. Even the playing isn't the same. Bring back the great years of the North stars, the Jets, the Whalers to name a few. THE QUEBEC NORDIQUES DAMNIT!!!
And the NY Islanders/NY Rangers, Montreal/Toronto, Boston/Black Hawks/Flyers crazy competition.

That's the kinda hockey I wanna see back. Might be dreaming, I know but who said it's forbidden to do so??? Ya, f*ck this dude. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-03 12:52:20)

Hockey is the only thing I care about more than anything else in my life (don't tell my wife).  I'm one of the few who isn't mad at Bettman.  Unions inn sports is a dumb idea.  Regardless how this lockout goes, everyone is still going to be stinking right.  At this point it's just fucking over the fans.  The Winter Classic was supposed to be just down the street from me this year between my Wings and the Leafs and this lockout ruined what I was looking forward to all year.  This needs to end right now!

Argh. Sucks, Winter Classic is always so great. sad

When I think about it better, I can't say that I'm mad at Bettman [well that's really hard for me to do, I hate the way the guy acts in the interview so] it's be anybody else in his place and I'd feel the same way, what I really hate is the whole lockout thing. Agree on something like the fastest possible guys,

I wanna see my Brodeur and my Devils continue his no goals allowed record run he's been into now.

DUDES, WAKE UP AND BRING ME BACK MY HOCKEY GAMES!!!

Well that's it, too.  So many greats are coming up on that ride into the sunset and this off season can push people into a mindset that maybe they should retire.  I knew something was in trouble when the Kings won the Cup AND Lidstrom retired. 

Dude, I'm so mad, you'll understand this....I recently switched cable providers to ATT Uverse and I just found out the other day (after being on them since September) that they don't have NHL Network.  They were negotiating it in late 2011 and just seem to have stopped since.  I send an email now once a week to get it back saying that although it's free on EVERY other provider, that I would pay up to 20 dollars a month for it (when I had it, I usually watched it at LEAST 10 hours a day)

Yeah so true that they could be thinking of retirement. Sad but true.
Lindstrom riding into the sunset, I like that image. But in my head, I see he switched the horse for a Harley. lol

Man, I watched as much as I do. In Quebec, we Have 3-4 sports channels that during the hockey season show only that.

But see what happens with your provider, it's the exact same damn problem than the lockout. Friggib' monay troubles again.  sad

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-03 15:13:25)

^Depends on which provider and package you have.  I changed my package with Directv and the new one does not include the NHL Network, which was no biggie since it was after the playoffs last year and now with the lock out there is no hockey anyways.  But I was going to change it back once hockey started.  Don't have to worry about it now.  I haven't paid much attention to the CBA  bargining, but I wish they would sort it out.  They should have learned their lesson from the last time around.  For a sport that struggles to gain a foothold here in the states, all of these problems don't do anything to help.

Oh crap, even without NHL Network, I still have a sports package that gives me every local sports station so I can still watch EVERY hockey game on television, lol.  NHL network is just nice for recapping things and right now they're showing junior tournaments and old Stanley Cup matches.

Lucky you. I envy you.
Junior is nice, don't have anything to say against but they're not at the NHL level just yet. And it shows.

And yes alien25

For a sport that struggles to gain a foothold here in the states, all of these problems don't do anything to help.

Indeed not.

VS or what ever the hell it is, used to show some games, then there is FSN bay area that shows Sharks games, but that is about it in my area unless you get the NHL package.  With the Kings winning the cup this last year, the NHL probably would have garnered move viewers this year on the west coast, but with all this CBA stuff, I'm sure that interest has waned for a lot of potential viewers.

I'm in Detroit, only city in America with a hockey name as their legal nickname, Hockeytown!!!  We live, breathe, eat and sleep hockey here.  My dad plays twice a week so I have that, college hockey and my 6 year old twin nephews just started!  Still not the pros

Hahaha it's the USA's Canada the way you talk about. ;lol:
And the Wings man, what a team, always loved those guys, one of the most killer and which keep on finishing in the top spots in the NHL for I can't count how many years.

Maybe get rid of a few teams in stupid areas?  Florida, Arizona, etc. ?  You think there just might be a reason why they don't make money?

Yeah, thought a long time about these troubled financialy teams.
Bring 'em here, weMre just waiting to get back our awesome Nordiques back on ice. And it's working money wise, Canadians VS Nordiques was always a full house.

And the cities you mentioned, you're more polite than me, I call them the Rednecks teams. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-03 17:41:56)

There should be a requirement that your city gets snow at least once a year, or you know what ice is outside of a drink, to have a hockey team.

Oh couldn't agree more...
But wait, does it snow in L.A.??? Wouldn't want to lose the Kings.

Outside of the Lakers, and I guess USC, LA is a sad sports city.

I'm an Original Six purist with my hockey.  I love all hockey teams, but Original Six are the only deserving teams of the Cup and all.  However, there are some new teams that I love and respect like the two Pennsylvania teams, Devils and a few more.  But I agree, you should have at least one freeze a year to have hockey because most of hockey is skating on a pond when you're young wanting to grow up to be Gretzky.

azathoth wrote:

Outside of the Lakers, and I guess USC, LA is a sad sports city.

Eh, USC sucked ass this year, couldn't even beat Georgia Tech who had to petition to get into a bowl game with a losing record.  And the Lakers are stinking it up.  But at least LA has the Cup and will continue to possess it until the NHL starts playing again. wink

I was going on popularity.  How many times has LA lost an NFL team?  Once you lose Jack at the Lakers' games (much like Spike at the Knicks) you can count the days....