Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Stepfather (2009)

I didn't think this remake was that bad at all, I like the new stuff they added to the movie and also enjoyed how they stayed true original movie.

I liked how the movie flowed really well, before I even knew i was half in the movie, it's felt like it moved really fast.

I thought Dylan Walsh did really decent Job as the Killer but nothing compared to outstanding Terry O'Quinn.

Well I didn't really like how they changed the end of the movie, I love the way original movie ended.

I felt left this open for sequel, Which I don't think that will see the light of day.

Acting was better then I expected, Same goes for this remake, I not bad remake at all, i thought it was decent

5 out of 10

OK, finished off my 5th Slenderman web series.

Marble Hornets
EverymanHybrid
Twelve Tribe
Dark Harvest
The Dead are Watching

Anyone know of any other good ones?  I'm in a mood.

edit- I've seen the Tall Man movie.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-03 18:51:43)

(Maybe this isn't a horror movie, but ah well)

Dogtooth

This film is actually amazing, I was expecting little next to nothing when going into it but it really surprised me. The plot is weird and you kind of understand more of it as the movie drives on, but what the plot focuses around is a family of five living in a home in a secluded area. There is the mother, father (who works outside the home), two daughters, and one son. The way the parents have raised their children is the focus on the movie, the three children are between the ages of (I would guess) 18 and 22 but they have never left the grounds of the house before - ever. And the parents tell their children that if they go outside they will not survive, that one of their other "brothers" went out when not fully ready and has never came back. So the parents feed all children all this information and you are witnessing there way of life (and it's not normal at all). The plot couldn't be anymore original for me personally, it's very confusing at the start but it quickly becomes super interesting and you won't want to take your eyes off the screen. 

I'd say if you are squeamish and not able to watch things like incest, and lots of sex then...yeah, stay away from this film. Not only are there a good few scenes, they tend to drag out longer than they should to be honest.

I can't really dive into much detail in this film without spoiling so I'll just say, it's an amazing movie and should been watched by everyone.

Things to note:
*There is sex scenes, and they are kind of long.
*Incest is in this movie and you do witness it.
*Some intense scenes with a good bit of blood.
*The film isn't in English and there is subtitles.

Rating: 9.5/10

azathoth wrote:

OK, finished off my 5th Slenderman web series.

Marble Hornets
EverymanHybrid
Twelve Tribe
Dark Harvest
The Dead are Watching

Anyone know of any other good ones?  I'm in a mood.

edit- I've seen the Tall Man movie.

Haven't seen those, will check 'em out.

But I did watch a video based on the game that was released about Slender Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngLdkfFexs

Worth watching for the reaction at the end, really funny. Skipping to about the 6 minute mark is where it gets good.

Jaws

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

(Maybe this isn't a horror movie, but ah well)

Dogtooth

This film is actually amazing, I was expecting little next to nothing when going into it but it really surprised me. The plot is weird and you kind of understand more of it as the movie drives on, but what the plot focuses around is a family of five living in a home in a secluded area. There is the mother, father (who works outside the home), two daughters, and one son. The way the parents have raised their children is the focus on the movie, the three children are between the ages of (I would guess) 18 and 22 but they have never left the grounds of the house before - ever. And the parents tell their children that if they go outside they will not survive, that one of their other "brothers" went out when not fully ready and has never came back. So the parents feed all children all this information and you are witnessing there way of life (and it's not normal at all). The plot couldn't be anymore original for me personally, it's very confusing at the start but it quickly becomes super interesting and you won't want to take your eyes off the screen. 

I'd say if you are squeamish and not able to watch things like incest, and lots of sex then...yeah, stay away from this film. Not only are there a good few scenes, they tend to drag out longer than they should to be honest.

I can't really dive into much detail in this film without spoiling so I'll just say, it's an amazing movie and should been watched by everyone.

Things to note:
*There is sex scenes, and they are kind of long.
*Incest is in this movie and you do witness it.
*Some intense scenes with a good bit of blood.
*The film isn't in English and there is subtitles.

Rating: 9.5/10

Watched this some time ago, and at first wasn't quite sure what to make of it.  But then I watched the interview with the director on the special features and I had a better understanding of what he was trying to convey in the film.  I wouldn't say that it is horror either, but it definitely is a trip.  There were also some very humoruous moments in the film, like the scene of the family singing along to the records.

Crawlspace (2012) - After it is attacked by unknown forces, a group of elite soldiers are sent to infiltrate and extract the lead science team from Pine Gap, Australia's top secret underground military compound. Their mission is compromised when they encounter a young woman with no memory of who she is or how she came to be there. As they try to escape, the group quickly discovers that all is not as it seems and the facility has become a testing ground for something far more sinister.  A decent little flick out of Australia, hokey at times, but entertaining none the less.  3/5.

Glad you liked Dogtooth, Scav.  Told you it was a trip, dude.  Weird, bizarre stuff but so damn well done and the final shot of the trunk, what's inside of it and what the repercussions could be leave you thinking about the flick long, long after it's ended.  I think I gave it a 9/10 when I saw it last year, and I believe Undie saw it and liked it quite a bit, too.

LoudLon wrote:

Glad you liked Dogtooth, Scav.  Told you it was a trip, dude.  Weird, bizarre stuff but so damn well done and the final shot of the trunk, what's inside of it and what the repercussions could be leave you thinking about the flick long, long after it's ended.  I think I gave it a 9/10 when I saw it last year, and I believe Undie saw it and liked it quite a bit, too.

Yes:and yes. Mainstream films are good, but when you find a indie film that's a diamond, after lurking in the muck, it's pretty rewarding.

Zombie A-Hole- Watched this on my new Roku streamer,  the channel is: Midnight Pulp. Midnight Pulp offers a great selection (grindhouse, exploitation, horror, etc) of free movies that are pretty off the wall. ZA was offf the wall, but not in a good way.

4/10

I never thought I'd find a more boring movie than Windigo.  I did, and just watched it with Golem.  Berberian Sound Studio.
It's about foley artists working during a movie.  One guy supposedly goes nuts, but nothing happens.  At all.  Taking a nap and having a dream would be more exciting.
Halfway through it switches from English to Italian language.  I don't even know what category to put this in, besides "boring."  It's not scary, it's not suspenseful, it's not funny, it's not romantic, it's not a mystery.  The best FX is when they squash a watermelon with a hammer.   Yes, I'm being serious.
1/10  (And for Cthulhu's sake, don't go watch this one, too, Tripod.)

MANIAC

Mother of Earth, waht an sick crazy Movie

UnNamable II

@Markus- lots of plaid, though.  And the remake is coming out this year.

@ZombieGal- That was a fairly bad one.  I didn't think the 1st one made enough money o justify a sequel.  By the way, do dead monkeys also get to rule?

The Remake is no in Cinemas, so next Week i will watch it

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (1988) Just bad.  1/5.

The Possession (2012) - I really had no interest in seeing this one, but I am glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised by it.  A good story and characters that draw you in to their ordeal.  Well done.  4/5.

The Orphan Killer - pretty good indie slasher. Decent story, a cool killer and some awesome gory kills (no cgi) 8/10

Land of the Dead (2005) Wasn't really digging it.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

The Orphan Killer - pretty good indie slasher. Decent story, a cool killer and some awesome gory kills (no cgi) 8/10

Oh I remember being on their official Facebook page and saying that their movie wasn't as good as some other slashers and they banned me off it because I said it. lol

Goes to show some people can't take criticism.

^ Yeah, that's pretty shitty of them.

Texas Chainsaw 3D - very different than I thought it was going to be. The opening sequence was fantastic as was the 3d. Some of the gore was also well done. My biggest complaint was with the last thirty minutes of the movie. Not so sure I liked where they went with the story; but overall it was a pretty decent horror movie.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

^ Yeah, that's pretty shitty of them.

Texas Chainsaw 3D - very different than I thought it was going to be. The opening sequence was fantastic as was the 3d. Some of the gore was also well done. My biggest complaint was with the last thirty minutes of the movie. Not so sure I liked where they went with the story; but overall it was a pretty decent horror movie.

That makes me so happy to hear how awesome it can be.  I don't see 3D movies so my sister canceled plans with my wife and I to see it (3D makes both my wife and I sick).  Still may see this as I got a theater gift card for Christmas.

Texas Chainsaw 3D  0/10 yep 0/10  I am still shaking my head. ugh. just ugh.

^^^
Ohhh sad. Just hope Evil Dead won't be like this.

But I'll see it anyways, who knows, might as well love it. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-06 01:07:10)

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I met the director and star last april and got a autographed copy of the dvd...the f/x is pretty good and the movie was pretty decent also.

Hell (2012) - The Cinematography was pretty amazing and it was nice to see anot her post apocalyptic film witch doesnt feature zombies. This is more like "The Road" and is very well done I thought. Coulda been a bit more engaging and ended a bit abruptly.

7/10

^^
Saw this one a while back last year and I truely enjoyed it.
Very good cinmatography indeed. And I like when it ends this way leaves me in a wtf was that state when it does. And I like it. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-06 08:34:52)

^^
Punk, it seems you are in a continual WTF state, lol .  But then, I talk to stuffed monkeys that carry knives, so who am I to criticize?  big_smile

I watched a fantastic film last night called Berberian Sound Studio on DVD, and urge everyone on this forum to see it! tongue

The film is a love letter to the Italian horror films of the 70s and 80s, from giallos like The Bird With The Crystal Plumage and Don't Torture A Duckling to Suspiria, Zombie Flesh Eaters, The Beyond, Cannibal Holocaust and so on.

The basic premise of the film is that an English actor is sent to Italy during the 1970s to do some sound work on the dubbing of an Italian horror exploitation movie, but things quickly spiral into dark territories. If you've seen Amer, this is a million times better. Dark, intense, atmospheric, very, very clever and original as well as being a homage to all these fantastic movies. Highly, highly recommended!

10/10!

http://media.warp.net/images/BSSDVDcover.jpg