Re: The Dream Thread

Had a fun dream last night.  Lon & I were running a horror store up in NYC.  Can't really remember what we sold/did, but we had a bunch of weird customers.  Probably based off you folks, lol .

i had a dream last night / this morning that my big toe on my left foot fell off! it was very realistic although it didn't hurt. what does all this mean? what is the deeper meaning of this.? should i just thank the lucky stars that it could have been much, much worse?

Did you stub your toe or step on something?f  If I hurt some part of my body, I'll have a dream about it sometimes.  Sprained ankle, sore back, that kind of thing; but not falling off.

Maybe your toe wants  to secede?  lol

Man, I've got 27 hand-written pages of dreams right now. I'm going to have to come back in here when I have some time and put down some of the best ones.

Alright, here's a few creepy ones that I had -

nov. 9
I was in school, attending some class. I was called out into the hallway by a teacher. I walked out and was surprised by the very white brightness that illuminated the floor, walls, and ceiling. As I was led further down, I saw a cow standing to the side, apparently tied to something. The teacher tried to hand me a machete in order to slaughter it. I was of course appalled to even be asked to do such a thing, so I refused. Then I was explained that the cow would not give birth - and that's the reason why it should be slaughtered. Then the cow transformed into a human and I dropped the machete and got the hell out of there. The dream continued on with me bitching out the teacher for being a maniac and what not.

Nov. 15th
I had a dream that I was a creator of a play on broadway. Hundreds of people came into the theater to see it, and what they got was ear-screechy music and non-sense happenings with no coherency in storyline upon the stage. Also, a very fat version of Frank Zappa without pants showed up and started conducting the ear-screeching music. People started to leave, and I shouted, "Just wait! It get even BETTER, I promise!"

Nov. 18th
I was older and in college, and I was at some kind of giant, wild party. I was flying down this handle-bar ramp type-thing fifty feet in the air. When I landed, I was handed some LSD paper by Wavy Gravy. I was totally psyched and put the paper in my pocket and headed to my dorm room to tell my friend. Then some authority figure had come in the room and started to snoop around - but, once she had left, I had eaten the paper. - Now if only the dream continued on with me tripping balls, that would be awesome.

Nov. 22nd

I was living in a haunted mansion with my family. I was walking down endlessly curving hallways, and I passed dozens of maids and butlers ready to do almost anything of my request. Searching for a bathroom, I grew frustrated because I could not find one. So I asked some office ladies where I could go. The women laughed because of my confusion and then gave me some very seemingly sincere directions. "Go down this hallway, take a right..." At that moment she made a motion to the left, and so I interrupted, "Do you mean to the left?" She somewhat sternly said no and started over. "Go down this hallway, take a right, take a left, then start doing down another hallway until you can go UP." She stressed, very clearly, that I must be sure to go up.

I got the feeling that she was afraid a ghost or malevolent spirit of some kind would try to get me if I didn't go 'up'. So. I started walking, followed her directions, and found another hallway which contained a stair elevator where people actually had to leap up onto. This is probably what the office ladies were talking about. So I continue forward, until I find that someway, somehow, a dude got his head stuck inside the gears of the electric stairway, and his skull was crushed...flowing all over the 'sidewalk' within the hallway. I decided not to go 'up' and so I woke up.

Nov. 27th - Now this is a really strange one.
It was dusk and I was sitting in the middle of a sidewalk next to a small town. I was on a laptop, searching random stuff when once in awhile I would hear a gun shot. I passed these off as people simply hunting for deer somewhere far off. Then the shots became rampant and quick (like a machine gun) and much closer. So closed the laptop, ran for dear life until I could find a small home. Once finding one, I asked if I could use their phone in order to call my father for help. The people that owned the home let me do so. I dialed my number and before I could tell my dad what was happening he was telling me that we had won millions of dollars from the Powerball lottery. I grew excited and forgot that I was just being shot at. THEN, suddenly, I found myself in a totally different landscape - and I then realized that I was dreaming. This, is called 'dream lucidity'. When one is dreaming and clearly recognized that he/she is dreaming - which is awesome, but you're allowed a lot more control over your dream activity.

Anyway, I'm super excited that I'm lucid, and I point my arms straight up in the air and try to fly. I shoot straight up and kind of twist around in the air. I find that this flying thing is difficult so I decide to switch to something different. I float on my back and I say, "I want to see outer space." So I start seeing stars and planets. However, because I am not fully believing that I have the ability to change my dreamscape, I find that the planets and stars are extremely weak and faded in brightness and color. Then, in the dream, I wake up in my bed - located in an old house I used to live in. I have lost the realization that I am dreaming. THEN, I wake up for real - with an odd tingling sensation all over me for some reason. It was pretty damn weird, but awesome.

Nov. 29
This was a very surreal and strange little dream. I was walking up this winding, very desolate hill - something out of a book. There's this little gray house at the top. I walk into one of its rooms to find an old lady in her nightgown lying on the floor beneath her window. The mattress to the bed is on the floor and she is holding onto it for dear life because of the violent wind that is blow through the house, sucking large objects out of the window and into the outside. I start being pulled, so I fall to the ground and try to protect the lady from being taken away. Soon enough, the winds stop and I start carrying the old lady down the hill. And then....dream ends and goes on to something entirely different.

Alright. i think that's enough for now. I have a couple other cool ones (well, they're cool to me - maybe a bit boring to other) to put down for later.

5th Battle Royale dream achieved today!

I had a dream where my name was changed to "A total pussy guy", or something like that.  I was very upset.  sad

azathoth wrote:

Had a fun dream last night.  Lon & I were running a horror store up in NYC.  Can't really remember what we sold/did, but we had a bunch of weird customers.  Probably based off you folks, lol .

Heheh, that scenario totally reminds me of 'Video Violence'!

I'm now imagining Lon & yourself as the two main characters!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Adm6D6B8RI

Had another fun dream.  Fell asleep watching an American football game, and in my dream it was played inside a mall.  Like one guy made a touchdown by catching a pass on an escalator.  The players would run around the place, into and out of stores, made zero sense.  I woke up laughing.  For the Euros, try imagining a football game in your local grocery store.

I could air guitar and levitate sideways and spin I kinda felt like Marceline in Adventure time woot

^^
That would have been an awesome addition to This Is Spinal Tap.

After watching a bunch of Slendy stuff, I fell asleep during a (American) football game.  Kinda of weird watching Slender Men playing football.

Woke up this morning from a vivid dream in which I was lying down, my body being filled with white light. There was this gadget thingy in my view to the right, and it went from 0:8 to 0:9, and a strong rushing sound followed with a sort of strong tension in all of my limbs. It felt like I was an accelerator in a car, being pushed down. I was making a mental attempt to make 0:9 change to 0:10, but was not able to!

Kinda weird dream for me. Though it sure doesn't top Azzy's. lol

Woah cool. Faster, faster. Might have been a very nice feeling.

Last time I slept, can't even remember when that was but who cares I had this:

In the middle of transparent Zeppelin with Cabal symbols painted all over in Blood red, floating into the big whole nothingness of a girl's body as I discovered later. Stuff happened but too vague in my dream alzheimered memory. Wish I could remember every second of them damn dreams.

Arknarovya, yeah, I know her name she comes often with her red spiky and curly hair, appeared and went into the cockpit and I followed.
She pressed a few keyboard keys and buttons here and there. We got out by the belly button of a beautiful girl and I woke up.

Pissed like I always am when I do. I like my sleep world. And I wanted to see MUCH more of that girls body.

Was Sweet's fault, she jumped on me to go to the window 3 and 1/2 feet high.
Friggin' cat. Lucky I'm in love with her. lol

Yeah weird but cool. Like most of mine are. I love the Dream World. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-14 12:24:38)

I miss my serial dreams.  Had a couple of them.

One was that my college apartment building was haunted and had a carnival-like haunted house thing in the back yard, 2nd was me and friends fighting demons (I had a claymore) in my old high school, 3rd was my middle school was a medieval castle being attacked by Nazis or something (lots of guns), and the 4th was the group of my college friends wandering around the college town going to bars, getting pizza, going to the arcade, etc; except that the town was wildly altered so it had merry-go-rounds, rollercoasters, subways, funhouse museums (?), and a monorail.

The neat part was that when I had a new dream, I remembered that previous dreams' parts.  I miss those dreams.  They were always fun, and I could always semi-control them.  (The demon fighting one was were I learned how not to have the "dream paralysis" where you can't run or punch or whatever.   Though the one time I learned how to jump I actually ended up on the floor next to my bed, lol !!!!)

^^^
Oh woah, sounds like fun.

I never fell outta my bed. Must find a way to dream about this. I like pain. lol

I've had only one premonition dream but that was so creeeeepy when it happened man, I was freaking out.

Dreamt a girl was asking me if I was gonna eat with her.

It was in the high school corridor, she was wearing a short red skirt and a black Dead Kennedys T-Shirt.

The morning after the EXACT fucking scene, the people everything was the exact same. Was damn wild. Thought I was getting mad.

Well in that time the acceptation phase wasn't done yet. MWAHAHAHA lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-15 10:01:27)

^^
It would have rocked up to an "11" if it was her asking "are you going to eat me."  (Take that phrase in any way you please.)

As for falling out of bed, dream more about flinging yourself about avoiding swords, demons, and cars.  Or a succubus pulls a "The Crying Game" on you.  (And a tip for the kids, never have your first date with the movie being The Crying Game.  You'll never get a 2nd date.  Dang, and she was a redhead, too. sad  )

^^^
HAHAHAHAHA

Exactly what I thought afterwards.

Oh yeah redhot redhead indeed. What a movie.

Unless that's your thing kids. lol

^^
No, I meant the redhead I took to the movie! sad

^^^
Oooh hahaha Sorry.
Can't say anything, haven't seen her but I you still think of her, it had to be something of that aspect. lol

I had a dream a few nights back that I was sitting on a giant peach (like from the kid movie, 'James and the Giant Peach'), and I was looking up at the stars. Occasionally, I would reach down and grab a whole hunk of the peach and start munching. Delicious.

And, James and the Giant Peach is a great childhood movie, by the way. tongue

Heh, had a dream I was in the show The Mentalist.  Love those dreams.

Omg I love talking about dreams! They're so strange, especially the seemingly universal ones!

Does anyone have those dreams where they are powerless in one way or another?  For example,  I dream I am driving a car and I need to break to avoid an accident, but no matter how hard I break, the car does not stop or slow?  Likewise, sometimes I dream I am fighting someone, but my attacks are powerless, like that scene in Ghost when Patrick Swayze loses his power to touch things.  I've asked friends about these type of dreams and a lot of them have experienced the same thing...its so strange!!

Another one I always get is my dream is set in the place I am dreaming.  Most of the time, this means my dream is set in my room, but lots of weird things happen, usually scary, e.g. scary faces start circuling me (like the exorcist girl).  Its vivid and seems realistic, and the only reason I don't get too scared is because I know it's a dream and has to end soon.  And when I wake up I dont want to go back to sleep haha.

^^^
Yeah, happens to me too. I like the kinda dreams where it's in my place, the more scary it gets the more I wanna stay in. I love nightmares. My favorite place of them all. So it is TOTALLY creepy when it happens because my apart is haunted, very freaking inexplicable stuff happens all the time. And I'm loving it. big_smile

When I don't have nightmares, my dreams are the damn strangest and weird kind. Like the one I did today.

I'm the engine of a dragster 1969 Camaro. I mean litterally. And the race is a city streets one. But the Camaro and me don't just race on the ground but all over like if we were in a ball. We win [of course, hey, I'm the one that dreams, I win, hahaha] and I finally get out of my powerful position because one of my Succubus [they keep coming up in my dreams since ages] comes next to the car.
The weirdest is that I remember wondering how the H3LL was I able to do that sound which was amazingly cool. I tried when I woke up but didn't work. Grumble. lol

I've gotten to point where I can break the "dream paralysis."  My demon-fighting dreams were a pain until I figured out how to do that. Last night I was in a boxing match in a mall (???), then afterwards I couldn't find cigarettes and my Zippo broke.  Then I find out that the boxing commission and the police wanted to talk to me about fight fixing.  So I called 911 for an ambulance and went to the hospital. 

You know, you're average day in monkey world.  big_smile

^^^
I'm sure you could tell it was a dream right away.

Zippos NEVER BREAK!!! lol
Mine is 16 years old.