Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

I've never seen Button, I'll have to give it a look. 

I last watched part of E.T. and Ted

Killing Them Softly (2012) - A lot of people complained this was to slow and boring bit I actually thought it was well paced, well acted and exceptionally violent at times. Cool flick, simple story and its actually fairly short for a crime drama of this type at only an hour and thirty seven minutes.

8/10

Dredd (2012) - Simple, mindless action...fun movie!

7/10

This is 40 (2012) - starts off great, kinda slows down in the middle and drags a little but not bad...some parts were just more obnoxious than funny but still enjoyed it mostly.

7/10

The Hobbit. Loved it. 9/10 (subtracted a point for not sticking to the book as much as I'd hoped. Dwalin is bad ass!)

^^^
Oh man, waiting so much for the time I'll see it you can't imagine.

YOU SHALL NOOOT PASS!!!
Gandalf RULES!!!
ALL!!!

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
It was showing on TV just an hour ago.
I don't need to say anything about this classic. It's all been said.
Just gonna add that oh wooow is Winona way too beautiful in this.
Oh, and that Burton rocks. 666/10

Man, they're showing absolutely amazing movies these days on my favorite channel, http://www.telequebec.tv/cinema/
Loving it.
Wallace & Gromit at 15h30, yay!!! smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-03 14:38:11)

I watched The Goonies!!!  One of the best~!!!!

Django Unchained

Django Unchained 10/10 excellent movie, thoroughly enjoyed myself, Tarantino at his best.

^^^
Oh damn, CAN'T WWWAAAAIIIITTT!!!

HARD CANDY
This is a wild film that I've always loved since I first saw it. One of the first from Boyle [Descent, 30 Days Of Night, Sunshine, 28 Days Later to name a few].
A teen girl played OH SO WELL by Ellen Page goes to the house of an older pedophile photographer.
She makes him pay. HARD!!!
Brilliantly executed, the backgrounds' designs are amazing in the house and the story is ass kicking.
EXCELLENT!!! 666/10

The Hobbit (2012) - pretty epic, dont quite stand with the previous films but still very cool. Just seemed a little cartoonish at times and some of the cgi was to obvious as well as the frantic camera movements during some of the action scenes. Still very worthy though!

8/10

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Oh damn, CAN'T WWWAAAAIIIITTT!!!

HARD CANDY
This is a wild film that I've always loved since I first saw it. One of the first from Boyle [Descent, 30 Days Of Night, Sunshine, 28 Days Later to name a few].
A teen girl played OH SO WELL by Ellen Page goes to the house of an older pedophile photographer.
She makes him pay. HARD!!!
Brilliantly executed, the backgrounds' designs are amazing in the house and the story is ass kicking.
EXCELLENT!!! 666/10

One of my faves. Great film.

Encino Man (1992) - 8/10

Just a goofy, fun flick w/ a right on cast.

^^^ I saw that opening night with some buddies in the Army and we had a blast.  Like you said, just a fun, goofy flick -- plus some cool 90s grunge girl eye candy.

http://i.imgur.com/ERiwJ.gif

"If you're edged 'cause I'm weazin all your grindage, just chill. 'Cause if I had the whole brady bunch thing happenin' at my pad, I'd go grind over there, so don't tax my gig so hard-core, cruster."

I love most of the movies that Pauly Shore put out in the 90's.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-04 22:37:19)

My family has a running joke with the Pauly Shore movie Son-In-Law.  We watched it with my mom -- who wasn't hip to Shore's particular sex-language -- and afterwards she was walking around the house going "buff the wood, buff the wood, bu-bu-bu-buff the wood..."

When we explained to her what "buff the wood" meant, she got so embarrassed she literally cried.  To this day we tease her about it. lol

^ Haha, Poor mom. Nonetheless, that's good stuff. lol

THE NEVERENDING STORY
Was a teen when I first saw this and rewatching this today [it's on;y the second time I do] made me discover how much this film was stuck in my memories. I remembered it perfectly and that was a loooooong time ago.

Amazing, oh so freaucking AMAZING movie. Just fantasticly brilliant!!! 666/10

Really gotta grab the DVD.

Just watched The Happening for the first time.I thought it was a pretty funny movie.

^^^
Funny??? Curious to know what you found funny about it.

^^
He  needs to watch Shaun or Killer Klowns.

^^^
lol Yeah. Or Zombieland.

I watched it at 3 O clock in the morning so that probably helped,but I just found it incredibly chessy.There were so many WTF moments I just found myself laughing at.Like the guy going on about hotdogs lol what the hell was that.There was also something really funny to me about the way the guy got mauled by the lions.All I could think of was here kitty kitty lol I don't know.For whatever reason I was laughing damn near the whole way through this movie.

^^^ Big difference between Shaun of the Dead and The Happening.

Shaun was supposed to be funny.

The Happening wasn't.

But I laughed frequently during both. lol

Meeting Evil (2012) - Samuel L. was awesome as per the usual,  but I just cant take Luke Wilson seriously. It was well filmed but mostly it was just pretty ho-hum I thought.

Finding Nemo!!!!