Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Meeting Evil (2012) - Samuel L. was awesome as per the usual,  but I just cant take Luke Wilson seriously. It was well filmed but mostly it was just pretty ho-hum I thought.

Ahaha I was just watching an episode of The Cleveland Show where Cleveland names his pet turkey Luke Wilson.

The Hobbit....It was ok

hostel2006 wrote:

The Hobbit....It was ok

I haven't seen it yet but from a lot of people that's about the best I hear that it was just okay.  My one friend said they added too  much humor that only a child would laugh at....I remember the book being kinda dark.  I'm interested to see what Jackson will be able to squeeze in to the next two movies.  (which 3, 3 hour movies on a 300 page book, not a good idea)

BUCKET LIST
First time seeing this and sure, Nicholson and Freeman are incredibly good in this. Each of their character is wild. ESPECIALLY Nicholson's. When he looses his temper he goes into some of the craziest acts. lol
Touching and beautiful story.
9/10

THE BONE COLLECTOR on CTV now. What a great cop movie.
And ANGELINAAA!!!
Everybody is fantastic in this one, Denzel delivers an amazing playing.
Crazy cool story too. 10/10

Django Unchained.

I've always had a suspicion that Quentin Tarantino sold his soul to the movie-making devil.  This flick confirms it.  I now have a new favorite QT flick.  10/10

The Raid: Redemption

Insane film. 10/10

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-01-06 08:46:27)

Capitalism: A Love Story.....so amazing.  Michael Moore is a genius with getting stuff out there.

LoudLon wrote:

Django Unchained.

I've always had a suspicion that Quentin Tarantino sold his soul to the movie-making devil.  This flick confirms it.  I now have a new favorite QT flick.  10/10

That good, huh. Can't wait to see it!!

Resident Evil: Retribution-  IMO, much more fun to watch than the last entry. Easy to follow story line, kick-ass action scenes, cool SFX. 6.5/10

PLANET 51
Rad, gnarly and so much fun. Like most of the animations I've seen. Loving those. Great talks all the time and crazy one liners.

The little Robot Rover is jsut way too cool. Coolness at the level of Rd-D2 and Wall-E. smile 10/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-06 19:49:06)

Wreck-It Ralph (2012)

John C. Reilly is awesome, so that gave me a good enough reason to see it, and Pixar doesn't disappoint. Funny movie, and to all you gamers I think you'd like this too.

^^
That's one animation I'm the most wanting to see.
Even more that Frankenweenie can you imagine??? lol

Yeah Reilly is grand. Have you seen Carnage Tripod???
He's with Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet and Christopher Waltz.
Hilarious one this is.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-06 21:11:38)

THE HANGOVER
What a crappy stupid boring movie this is.
HATED IT!!!
2/10

Decided to take a look at Antonio's Blow-Up (1966) after years and years of hesitation.  I'd heard all the hype about how it being a great, classic "thriller" but I can honestly say I think it was HUGELY over-rated.  Man, what a tedious, rambling, empty and ultimately pointless movie.  Only the sequence with David Hemmings examing photos he took in a park in which he discovers he caught a murder on camera are any good; every other second of the film is excruciatingly dull.  I had to look up a couple reviews after watching it to see what critics said; maybe I missed something.  But all I found was a bunch of critics trying to read into the flick something that isn't there.

A complete waste of time.

kXnPunk wrote:

THE HANGOVER
What a crappy stupid boring movie this is.
HATED IT!!!
2/10

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25269364.jpg

Last edited by flamethrower (2013-01-06 22:44:29)

LoudLon wrote:

Django Unchained.

I second that! I still think I like Pulp a little better....buuuut... Django Unchained was certainly the most brilliant piece of cinema i have had the pleasure of watching this year. Brilliant, but not quite perfect in my humble opinion, I still think it was a tad bit long and drug a little long in the middle. However the opening and most of the first act is simply awesome! And....whats black and white and red all over? The finale of Django Unchained is what! Loved it!

9/10

Really the only thing that threw me off was at the end, with the horse tricks.  The movie was over, the story was done, we just had this super-violent, intense and hugely satisfying finale -- and now here's some light-hearted funnin' around with a horse? 

But that's just carping, and is a very, very minor complaint on my part.  Otherwise I loved every second of it.

As for the last mainstream flick I watched, after the huge disappointment of Blow Up, I decided to wash its taste out of my mouth with Blow Out.  I have no love whatsoever for Brian DePalma; I consider him nothing more than a base rip-off artist, but Blow-Out -- while it also contains a number of steals from other films -- assembles its stolen moments around a solid and intriguing plot, with excellent acting (especially by Nancy Allen and John Lithgow) and an engaging lead performance by John Travolta.  It's literally the only DePalma flick I like.

Dodgeball

Watched Django Unchained.I will be in the minority,but I wasn't a big fan of this movie.There was a few moments I liked,but all and all I didn't think it was a good movie.IMO Tarantino hasn't made a good movie in like 16 years.

Where the Wild Things Are

The Client (1994) - 9/10
Bad Santa (2003) - 9/10

Safe House

Wreck it Ralph.

LoudLon wrote:

Really the only thing that threw me off was at the end, with the horse tricks.  The movie was over, the story was done, we just had this super-violent, intense and hugely satisfying finale -- and now here's some light-hearted funnin' around with a horse? 

But that's just carping, and is a very, very minor complaint on my part.  Otherwise I loved every second of it.

As for the last mainstream flick I watched, after the huge disappointment of Blow Up, I decided to wash its taste out of my mouth with Blow Out.  I have no love whatsoever for Brian DePalma; I consider him nothing more than a base rip-off artist, but Blow-Out -- while it also contains a number of steals from other films -- assembles its stolen moments around a solid and intriguing plot, with excellent acting (especially by Nancy Allen and John Lithgow) and an engaging lead performance by John Travolta.  It's literally the only DePalma flick I like.

One of the minor complaints actually was they kkk scene, don't get me wrong, it was hilarious but it was a bit awkward and felt out of place a bit. Also, for the most part I loved tbe soundtrack but a few of the songs seemed like kinda odd choices but at the same time I have to applaud the man for doing the film how he wanted to do it. It was awesome...I would actually go 9.5/10...easy.

Forgot to post last movie I watched...

Seven Psychopaths (2012) - Not what I expected, but It was pretty good for what it was. Quite different and some quirky characters and nice action bits.