Topic: Horror Fact of The Day - January

I am currently doing this thing on twitter when I tweet a new fact about horror every day so I thought i would post it here aswell. Sorry if this sounds utterly stupid, but its here if anyone is curious.

3rd – The inspiration for Black Sabbath's band title was Mario Bava's 1963 Italian horror film of the same name

4th – The 1929 ballet 'The Innocence and The Beast' was the inspiration for Edgar Wallace's classic story of King Kong

5th – Argento's Tenenbrae used to be cut in his own Italy due its graphic scenes of Berlusconi's ex wife playing a victim

6th – Rosemary's Baby (1968) was filmed in the same apartment building (The Dakota) where John Lennon was shot outside of

Re: Horror Fact of The Day - January

I like this idea.  A little bit of horror info a day keeps, um, romantic comedies away!

Oliver Reed was considered for the part of Quint in "Jaws" (1975).

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-01-06 14:44:51)

I like that ideas

7th – Gremlin's (1984) used techniques originally applied in the Muppet Show to bring it's minituare monster's to life.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-01-07 11:38:16)

The Song "Maniac" from FLASHDANCE, should played on the Movie MANIAC, but he send the wrong tape to the Wrong Directors

Godzilla has such kewl radioactive breath

markus wrote:

The Song "Maniac" from FLASHDANCE, should played on the Movie MANIAC, but he send the wrong tape to the Wrong Directors

Oh wow!  I just had a visual of Joe Spinell doing Flashdance...   Hehe

The Horror Punk band Misfits named a lot of their songs after Horror movies titles of which they're big fans. Horror Hotel for example.

Azathoth has a small winky.

markus wrote:

Yeah, he was inspired to write that song by the movie.  Obviously he changed some of the lyrics, since Maniac wasn't about a steel town girl on a Saturday night looking for the fight of her life, but hey,  it was (and still is) a pretty cool song.