Re: Chucky The killer DVD Set

No not really.. I mean we got Puppetmaster, Trilogy of Terror, Dolly Dearest, and Dolls.. All of those have littlle doll or something in them.. I think it plays on certain fears for some people.. I'll be the first to admit that I still find those old fashioned dolls creepy..

I think what you guys are missing is that the first movie was supposed to be a "Horror" movie but then the sequels kind of went into a sub genre of "Horror/Comedy" kind of like Shaun of the Dead. Wether they meant to or not that's what happened with 2 and 3. Then with 4 and 5 it seems like they accepted the "Horror/Comedy" label and ran with it. Just my 2 cents. I probably will get it because I don't own any of them on DVD yet but have all on VHS. I know it's sad.

Thinking about it, yeah the doll movies do scare a lot of people.  In fact, they scared the crap out of me when I was younger.  It just doesnt enlighten me the way the other slashers like Leatherface and Vorhees do.  IMO, there just a little bit to silly for a horror film.

Its funny that you mention Dolly Dearest, because I actually like that movie.  I first saw it a few years back during Sci-Fi's Monsterfest and found myself watching it every year after up to now in which I'll still probrably sit threw it.

YES I do

*edit*
what the hell was I talking about..... just scratch that what I said roll

Last edited by DemonToSome (2006-09-26 19:24:34)

The first Child's Play was great, the second was pretty good, the third wasn't bad, Bride of chucky wasn't all too hot and Seed of Chucky is good for a laugh. The series hit it's high point with the original, but the other movies are good for some fun every once in awhile. I'm gonna skip this and just pick up the original seperately.

I just saw this set on the shelf.. It actually looks kind of cool.. Only problem is all the movies don't have there own case.. They are all in like a multi pack.. The 3D case is kind of cool.. Chucky like is popping out with all the tools and stuff..

Yeah I was going to pick it up at Borders but decided against it.  The case does look great and I'm lookin' into to pickin' it up.  Whether I think so or not, Chucky is considered a classic Boogeyman to a lot.

Most 80's era film slashers are considered classic Boogeymen. Names like Jason, Freddy, Chucky, and Michael Meyers are well known even to those who don't enjoy the horror genre.

chucky used to be tha shit

The first is the best and yet it's not in? I guess Universal wasn't able to buy the rights from MGM in time. Awesome DVD set, though.

it looks like a good pick-up