Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^
Funny, a couple of us just watched it a few nights ago and found it boring as all get out.

I gave it a 1/10.  Golem was similarly not impressed.  The scariest thing in it was when they were hitting the watermelons with hammers.  Unless you find watching reel-to-reel winding action scary.

I don't know where you're coming from with your movie comparisons-  Suspiria, The Beyond?

edit- Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I'm not saying you're wrong, you may love Berber, and more power to you.  This is not  a personal attack at you.  I strongly disagree with your opinion and find your comparisons puzzling.

But Rule #1 on HM is Respect, and I respect you opinion, as much as I disagree and am puzzled by it.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-06 09:43:08)

I watched The Sentinel just now.  Good old movie! smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMi48iyKwVY\

DarkMistress wrote:

I watched The Sentinel just now.  Good old movie! smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMi48iyKwVY\

It's quite interesting solely for the fact that it is directed by that annoying guy in the annoying Esure adverts.

@freak

How can it be a love letter to giallo, if not a single person ist killed or even harmed.
This was arthouse disguising as horror. And the only connection it had to any giallo was that the characters were doing work on one.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Funny, a couple of us just watched it a few nights ago and found it boring as all get out.

I gave it a 1/10.  Golem was similarly not impressed.  The scariest thing in it was when they were hitting the watermelons with hammers.  Unless you find watching reel-to-reel winding action scary.

I don't know where you're coming from with your movie comparisons-  Suspiria, The Beyond?

edit- Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I'm not saying you're wrong, you may love Berber, and more power to you.  This is not  a personal attack at you.  I strongly disagree with your opinion and find your comparisons puzzling.

But Rule #1 on HM is Respect, and I respect you opinion, as much as I disagree and am puzzled by it.

Seems that every opinion of it i hear is either that the reviewer LOVES it or HATES it. No in-between.

^^
One of those films, I guess.  If it brought someone else enjoyment, it's a good thing.  Golem and I got to talk about sound FX in movies for about an hour while trying not to fall asleep, so we had that.

Vasquez wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^

Seems that every opinion of it i hear is either that the reviewer LOVES it or HATES it. No in-between.

I haven't seen Berberian Sound Studio yet but I didn't care for Amer at all.  everyone kept saying it was a love letter to Giallos also, but there was no mystery to solve and no murder (I haven't seen it for a while now so correct me if I'm wrong).  It was an arthouse movie as well.  I love a good dark thriller just as much as anyone else, but don't pretend it's a Giallo if it isn't.

Sinister (2012) - first watch and really liked it,expected different ending...Probably the best of the last poor year in horror. 9/10

Prom Night (original)

flamethrower wrote:

Sinister (2012) - first watch and really liked it,expected different ending...Probably the best of the last poor year in horror. 9/10

Agreed, even though I haven't watched too much of this year's.

Been watching V/H/S but stopped to watch a documentary

Watched The Collector and The Cabin In The Woods.

Son of Frankenstein (1939)

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (2001) - 7.5/10

Stakeland 8/10

The Frozen 7/10

John dies in the End (2012) - Haven't read the book, so I don't know how it compares, but the movie was entertaining.  3.5/5.

Texas Chainsaw 3D

Tormented - one of my favorite British horror films. Such a fun slasher flick.

Gojira

Popcorn (1991) - The name say it all, a fun popcorn movie.  2.5/5.

^^^ With the cute-as-hell Jill Schoelen, no less.

I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D.First 3D experiance and I thought it was kind of neat as far as the movie itself not bad,but there just seemed to be something missing.

The Prophecy (1995)

I saw this on weekend, Well, I Don't know what to think of this movie at the moment,  well it's didn't feel like a real horror movie,

I didn't seem to find scary however I did find the movie very entertaining from start to the end, there, shocks in and there in the movie

The acting was really good from the whole cast, the ending was very good!

I not sure what to rate at the moment!

The Faculty!!!!!  Love this movie so much

^^^ I dig The Faculty quite a bit, as well.  Jon Stewart in a rare dramatic role, and LOTS of eye candy in the form of Jordanna Brewster, Salma Hayek, Famke Janssen, Bebe Neuwirth and Clea Duvall (what?  I think she's cute).  The story's familiar but writer Kevin Williamson and director Robert Rodriguez have fun with it.  Not a great movie, and not the kind I'm normally into, but I still dig it quite a bit regardless.