Re: The Happy and Good News Thread!

Here's a great story about Philly kids beating the odds.  One of them dropped out of school, was selling drugs, went back to school, and is now going to college!

I know most of you won't really understand how great this is- Philly is one of the worst school districts in the country.

^^ I think that's great Azzy.

As for my news -

My new hard drive came today, this is after the one in my HP Touchsmart died after only four months, and I installed it myself. I am happy to say my PC is now up and running which means I don't have to do everything on my little netbook.

I need some happy news ...where is it... a dude I know just got nailed for shooting at random cars him and some shit head

^^That is fucked man

I found out my brother and his wife are having a kid I am gonna be a uncle i am excited!!! big_smile

^^ Hey, me too. Well, I'm going to be an aunt, not an uncle. My sister is having twins.

Yay!  The Reds are only one game behind NL leaders the Nationals.  The red legs are kicking ass this season!

I;m only happy cayse Im drinkin ceasara but by buddy is still fucked maybe you heard the sudbury bush shooters he

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

^^ Hey, me too. Well, I'm going to be an aunt, not an uncle. My sister is having twins.

Well congrats that is awesome big_smile

Wandering around the sports sites this morning, and I stumbled upon this awesome story. (ESPN link)

A girl with a severe learning disability is protected by the high school football team from bullies.

Ran across a story about NORAD taking calls from kids about Santa last night.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/natio … santa.html

The one from the Connecticut kid was awesome; that is a cool dude.  And the one from the kid who's sister had died.  They assured him, "Santa goes to heaven first."

The rest are really funny.  The volunteers are great.  It's also a quick read.

edit- I'm "verve" in the comments section.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-12-25 08:43:25)

Cap Howdy wrote:

You want good news? I'll give you some goddamned good news.
Over the weekend I received confirmation that the independent assessor passed my portfolio.
What does that mean?
It means that I'm now officially qualified to teach in the adult learning sector
That's right, from the ages of 18 to 89 and upwards, I can teach any subject that I have a qualification in.
I can also teach uncertificated courses in any subject I want.
Well its good news for me, not so much for the learners wink

haha for something good, I took it as bad unless ya wanna teach me anything that I don't know about for free... nah forget it I know all I need to know but Cap you came across as a mean summabitch who will lock kids and old people in closets if they spitball ya lol

After the string of bad news I've posted, I felt I had to post something funny.

How about a cat trying to smuggle cellphones and drills into a Brazilian prison?  Best line in the article- "We don't know who this was meant for, because the cat isn't talking."  lol

Mancave done!  Soundproofed enough to be a dungeon...

"The Afflicted" starring Kane Hodder and Leslie Easterbrook is now available on Netflix watch-it-now!

1) I get a day off!

2) I heard it will be snowing on Monday!

@BASSI If it does snow on Monday and I have to cycle to work at 5:30 am on Tuesday through the snow your new title will be "Frosty's Frozen Fart"

It snow late Sunday into Monday, few hours of snow after 12pm as well, i might be very heavy

So expected Slow moving traffic, one snow flake and the whole place come to stand still!

I already know Monday New Head lines

BIG FREEZE as one flake hits the UK!

^^
Heh, over here, we're going to hit about 60F (16C) tomorrow, a good 20 degrees above normal.

^^^
Oh wow. Damn hot.
Here, it's a pretty nice night outside, just went to the grocery store and the 4°C is making the snow melt which is fine. I hate it.

I actually walked down to my aunt's earlier in shorts, sneakers and a hoodie today.  The middle of January and my breath wasn't even steaming. 

But no, there's no such thing as global warming.  It's a total myth. roll

12 Celsius here.
Tomorrow too. Then back down to -2 or some bologna

It was beautiful today.   Took Bella for a walk and then went to my LVS and bought some DVDs.   The owner knows me very well and he collects things that I would like to buy just for me.  stuff like Hammer and Universal memorabilia.   Well today he says I have some thing special for you...and he pulls out a stand up full size cut out of Bride of Frankenstein!  It is a vintage cut out he bought from a lady that owned a Video store years ago.   It was so awesome I was completely speechless!   I have to go back on Wednesday ( he is closed sun-tues) because I didn't have that much cash on me and he doesn't take debit or credit cards.  Do you think my Hubby will freak if I put it in the Living Room?....lol

^^
DG is rocking the awesome today!

Thanks Monkey Boy!

Here is a cute video just for you:

http://youtu.be/M1Eh6ulmeJ0

And here's one for you  Marvellous Mary! xx

http://youtu.be/S0EX0fDB08Q