Re: Maniac

I can't wait to see this one! It looks so fuckin' crazy.

Seriously, I literally can't wait. I want it now.

Last edited by Closet Monster (2012-10-19 13:24:10)

This has nothin to do with the new movie or whatever// but I'm a maniac and still waiting

Maniac is a latest upcoming 2012 Drama and horror  movie. it will be released in end of the year i.e. 27 December 2012  ...............................

UK don't get it until March 15.

I haven't heard anything about this release yet. It must not have got much promotion.

I had the chance to watch it at Frightfest but didn't catch it. It has actually, as far I have seen decent to quite good review's. Will never top the original for me though no matter how good the remake is.

^
Can't believe you passed up on that opportunity Vas. This, the Carrie remake, Evil Dead & World War Z are my most highly anticipated horrors for 2013.

I hope it gets wider distribution later this year. It's a must see this year for sure.

Fulcento wrote:

^
Can't believe you passed up on that opportunity Vas. This, the Carrie remake, Evil Dead & World War Z are my most highly anticipated horrors for 2013.

If I bought a festival pass in may have actually watched it, but since I bought 3 day passes and couple of individual tickets for single film's Maniac wasn't 1 i could, or even particularly wanted 2 see. Too much other quality stuff I catched like Sleep Tight, Seasoning House, American Mary and Rec 3 etc

I liked the original. It was uncomfortable and creepy but I didn't love it. It didn't really need a remake though but I'm looking forward to it. Woods a great actor and I think he will do well.

I agree with the Sin City comments.  I didn't think that Elijah Wood would be able to pull that role off and he was SO creepy!  I am going to see the movie to see what he does with the role, but I don't think it will ever top the original, in my books anyway. Joe Spinell IS Maniac.

LoudLon wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the original so I don't mind a remake.  Hopefully they'll actually include a point to the flick this time around. lol

What do you mean? A maniac doesn't need a point or a reason to do what he/she does...

Oh you mean the original version of Maniac. Come on Lonny you need to sit down and get comfortable in your favorite chair and let Frank aka-Joe do his maniacal thang for 88 minutes in your head. It's easy...

LoudLon wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the original so I don't mind a remake.  Hopefully they'll actually include a point to the flick this time around. lol

i'm not a fan of the original eithier, very average and am not excited by another remake although i will agree Elijah Wood was pretty good in " Sin City".

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-01-10 15:33:37)

I saw a couple still images a while back -- looked like they were taken during filming -- and Wood looked absolutely ferocious attacking a woman in the street.  I'm not HUGELY interested, but I'll check it out once it comes around.