Re: The DAMN NHL Lockout Thread

Having a team that sucks is one thing, but I'd be proud of the Lakers and USC....they're very good at times.  The Kings on the other hand...yeah no.  Constantly horrible team, they get a new coach and win was just a fluke.  They won't win the Cup again....hopefully.  Although I'd rather watch them win the Cup than no hockey at all.

Yeah Gardenofstone10, I feel pretty much the same way.
And they're always finishing on top every year those teams.

But I take off the Canadians from that list. I hate these guys with a passion. Yeah I used to love 'em in the good old days when Lafleur, Dryden, Robinson and Lapointe were in this but since the the 90s, I can't support the crap of teams they have. That's why I switched to the Nordiques when they came out. and on to the Devils when Quebec died...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-04 08:14:46)

OH YEAH GUYS AND GALS, IT'S OVERRRRRRR!!!

Took a damn while last night though, freaking 16 hours. Insane.

Bring me my Devils like NOW on TV.
Was about damn time. So glad we'll have hockey this winter 'cause a winter without isn't one really.
Oh yesss finally.
Me jumps around like nuts everywhere in his apart. big_smile

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- … --nhl.html

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-06 07:43:55)

I'm so happy, I just woke up and read that!!  Still have 2-3 months of hockey is better than 0 months of hockey

Finally!

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I'm so happy, I just woke up and read that!!  Still have 2-3 months of hockey is better than 0 months of hockey

Oh YOU BET!!! YAY!!!

I'm gonna party so hard tonight celebrating this, watch me go. lol

Hockey in a true part of my life. Been raised with it. And still keep that tradition of our Quebecker/Canadian culture going. smile

So happy I'm gonna fly my colours on here.

GO LEAFS GO!!!.....about time tabarnak.

Who the H3LL are these Leafs you talk about???

looks like I'm the only one who votes YES haha
I haven't been a hockey fan since the 60s with the original what was it 6?

Fuck hockey now neutral with them wearing helmets like wtf lol

sorry dudes

I miss the 70's hockey but it's still in my blood forever and ever, can't live without it. EVEN if it's way different now than before.

I know I'm just messin with ya man about hockey... but everything else I say here is for real hmm

*edit.. not that I was bullshitting... man I was a fan in the 60s watched hockey with my dad... but fuck it I know alll canadian dudes are hockey fans and I'm the odd one out but thats ok I have other hobbies that keep me outta trouble... for the last few years anyways!

Last edited by DemonToSome (2013-01-09 22:35:22)

Yeah I know man. No worries, I'll still watch the games anyways. I LOVE my Devils, screw the canadian teams, they suck. Well for me that is.

Speaking of Montreal Saku Koivu was one of the coolest hockey names ever!

Too bad the Hawks didn't pick up a goalie.  Wanted them to go after Luongo!

I will reluctantly admit I'm glad hockey will be back.  Was really ready to say f them for good.  Though, now that I don't have cable its not like I'll see the games anyway.

Yeah, Koivu is cool.
But even if you don't have cable, I'm sure you can catch it online somewhere. They have everything now so... Good search. smile

I'll just leave this fuckin hockey thread to its own default and see ya in a nother post!!

Demon don't leave, in the 5 plus years we've been buddies, your opinion is the coolest.

hey thans for that Garden you are the best man... but I'm not a hockey fan anymore I'll still be groopin around this hole forum for the life of us.

Hockey isn't for everyone, but you're right, it's not like it was back in the day.  Although I wasn't born until the mid 80s, I still remember hockey so different than it is today.  A lot of people complain about all the new rules, especially regarding fighting and checking, but....if you think about it, these tests they do can possibly extend the career of these guys for detecting and taking care of concussions and what not.  Better safe than sorry is something I believe should apply to all sports.

Yeah, especially when you consider how much faster the game is played now and how much better the equipment is now.  Can you imagine getting hit by a Zdeno Chara slapshot dressed in little more than street clothes?  Or being slammed into the boards by some of the behemoths that are playing today?  Damn, even with all of that equipement they still get hurt.  All it takes is a slip, an errant shot, or some goon cheap shoting you from behind and it can be the end of a career.

Speaking of the Bruins, look at Chara slamming whats his face into the glass and almost killing him...or Danny Paille getting slapshot to the face.  Nothing to mess with, that's for sure

Yeah, that was a brutal hit.  Then you think about Stevie Y or Jeremy Roenick taking a puck to the face.  Man if it was me, I'd wear a full mask like they do in college.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-01-10 17:37:35)

I think the Chara incident made a lot of the NHL officials think seriously about changing some stuff. Now will it ever happen??? Not sure. But every year it's becoming more and more violent. They don't realize that what us fans want is good hockey playing and nice games full of surprises and wild moves.

Yeah, I admire the toughness of the players, but what I really enjoy is the skill that these guys display.  I still think it is the most difficult sport to play, but I could do without all of the senseless brutality and retribution that goes on.

It is definitely one of of hardest to play. As far as I'm concerned
Oh well maybe not, that figure skating might beat it.

Hahaha nah I'm just kidding. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-10 19:10:16)

^Only if dropped on your head or kicked by a skate. wink

Oh, by the way, you can't have the Nordiques back because they are my Avs.  But if the Cyotes or Predators want to move up there, that would be okay. big_smile