Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Fly 1958

In my continuing viewing of Slendy videos, I came across one that was blowing my mind at first- I couldn't tell if it was a parody or a meth-dream.  If reminded me of what Lon has said about some of his neighbors.

Pikachu Hunt/Slenderman

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-10 22:47:59)

The Theater Bizarre - 2011.  A hexalogy (guess it would be called - six stories in one movie), and a good one.  Was pleasantly surprised to see Tom Savini directed, and starred in, the third story, which was pretty gruesome and sick.

Really good movie.

The Cat O' Nine Tails.  Dario Argento's second flick (after Bird with the Crystal Plumage).  Never have been a big fan of this flick (or even Bird; I've always thought Four Flies on Grey Velvet was his first, legitimately good film) but it had been a while so I thought I'd check it out again.  Turns out I liked it even less this time.  lol

The Devils Rejects

^^^
Oh what a damn good idea this is.
Been way too long I haven't watched it. Thanks.

I'll watch House Of 1000 Corpses too. Gotta LOVE that Zombie dude.

Final Exam, first time I ever watched it, I really enjoyed it. 7.5/10

The last horror movie I watched was the lost boys,  the last one I watched in the cinema was Texas chainsaw 3d

coffee_zombie wrote:

The last horror movie I watched was the lost boys,  the last one I watched in the cinema was Texas chainsaw 3d

What did You think of Texas Chainsaw 3d??

House (1986)

This was very first horror movie that I brought on VHS and Then I think it was Ringu, I Know for sure those were the first two horror movies I brought VHS 

House was in the horror section, So I thought it be would have some funny moment in this movie and some scary parts in this movie.

How this movie was not horror movie at all, Its more of comedy movie  and some of some stuff that this movie come up with were just way over the top and not funny.

I did laugh in some place in the movie, I thought, I did find the Rubber monster really funny, no scary at all,

I think I may have enjoyed this more when Teen and as adult you would find this really silly!

I thought plot was ok-ish and the acting was really good from the cast!

I give 5 out of 10

House II: The Second Story (1987)

Why is this rated 15? , He Should have been a PG!
as this as got to be the babies horror movie  I ever sat thought, it was Absolutely ridiculous.

The whole movie felt like watching Kids TV show like Sesame Street, the next time I baby siting i will show  my nephew (Who is 8), I got him into Chucky  When he was 5. He love watching Seed of Chucky!,  I am sure that even he won't find this movie funny or scary at all! 

I just found the whole movie very childish and Creatures in this movie, what the hell, Well that dog was kinda of Cute lol.

The acting was well very cheesy in this movie, it fitted in really well rest of really too cheesy movie.

I didn't not find this movie funny at all and it was not scary at all and it was not even rude, there were no swear words in this movie  so it's Family movie, just for kids!

3 out of 10, Really Silly

Willard (1971) - 8/10

It's a decent horror film. I'd rank it about even with the 2003 remake with Crispin Glover.

Hollywood Chainsaw Hooker's. (1988) Not a exquisite piece of film-making, but it is sufficiently entertaining and that is all that is really required of this kind of movie. 8/10

Blood Feast (1963) - 7.5/10

I found myself chuckling at a lot of the unintentional ridiculousness throughout the movie, but all in all, it's a really enjoyable piece of work - and the gore, especially for '63, is really cool. Long live Herschell Gordon Lewis!

Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964) - 8/10

It's the second film in Herschell's Blood Trilogy, and so far, this my favorite of the three. Slightly less gory than the previous film, but the kills were more inventive. Pure fun, hillbilly/redneck horror, but with just a dash of commentary on the South thrown in there too. The film creates an irony in contrast with the old idea of "Southern hospitality".

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-12 04:32:20)

Chopping Mall

The Horror Show (1989)

What it's used to be called in the UK , When he wasn't selling too well by it name as and the the plot with Shocker came out with the same kind of plot and poster about the same time so they decided to name it House 3.

If they didn't name it House 3, I don't think I would have seen it! however This as go nothing do with house Series at all, it just from same Producer of the house series that all.

This was not a bad movie, I found this movie very dark in the good as it was more serious the house sequels.

This about Detective who catches Meat Cleaver Max" and watches the electric chair execution from the audience.

Soon is haunted in his Dream about him, which some times can end up being really in the movie.

Some parts of the movie were very slow moving however I did still kept in tune of the movie, I really enjoyed some of effect near the end of the movie.

Some of the make up effect was really good and fun to watch.

The acting was really good in this movie from the whole cast
it's was Okay movie but dose not fit the House series at all,

I give 5 out of 10

House 4: The Repossession (Video 1992)

This one wasn't no were near as good as the first movie but maybe improvement on second movie the series as wasn't too silly.

Roger Cobb (William Katt) is killed in a car accident. His family must move into the house that has haunted him for several years. Soon the family begins to experience scary and unexplained phenomena.This is about the house

I didn't really get into this movie at all, I found it really dull and kinda of boring for most parts.

There went many bumps in the night and some strange thing the house help to fight off some robbers!

I kinda of liked the sweet ending to the movie. 3 out of 10

Off to Psycho series now, not seen first for very long time!

Smiley - disappointing to say the least. The story was ok but at times it's kind of all over the place, the acting sucks and the lead characters are annoying. If you want to watch a good modern day slasher this isn't it, because it's not even a slasher (as it was advertised) it's more of a mystery/thriller. 4/10

Grace (2009) - 7/10

'Twas OK. I felt the movie had  the potential to be taken to a whole different level, but it didn't go there. It's certainly worth a watch, however. They did a good job with the casting.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-12 17:03:14)

Watched Chichibu Demon with Golem last night.  It was a docu style film about a haunted area.  Had elements of found footage, and even some Slendy type references.  It was OK, and was only an hour long.
5/10.

Invasion of The Body Snatcher's (1956). A truly suspensefull science fiction horror classic. Perfectly captures the feeling of paranoia (with obvious parallels of communist fears in America) of our two central character's as te last 'true' and human american's. 9/10.

Blood Runs Cold. watchable. 6/10

@Vas-
I like how the various versions have a different flavor of the menace.  50s- cold war.  70s- anti government.  90s- aliens (Body Snatchers).

Same with The Day the Earth Stood Still.  50s- be peaceful.  2000s- stop wrecking the environment.

My Bloody Valentine  original

I Love Canadians;)

^^^
Well thank you, we love you too. smile

^^ ditto tongue

Texas Chainsaw 3D...My god what to say about this film....One of the worst movies i have ever seen, nothing made any sense whatsoever. Don't know who decided this movie was a good idea but they should be shot