Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

^^^ DL'ed that one last night after reading a couple strongly positive reviews.  Gonna save it for the weekend, though.

Cell 211

Seven Psychopaths.  Entertaning, but it's basically a series of vignettes which, while they share many things and have a lot do with one another, don't come together as a whole.  Like a portrait without a face, it's missing its point.

It doesn't sound very good Lony since you never posted it in horor movie so I will pass, so thanks ver the tip man smile

Oh, it's not a horror movie.  It's about a guy writing a screenplay called Seven Psychopaths, and he gets his inspiration from a couple loonies in his circle of friends.  It gets violent at times, but it's more a comedy/drama. smile

LoudLon wrote:

I have no love whatsoever for Brian DePalma; I consider him nothing more than a base rip-off artist, but Blow-Out...It's literally the only DePalma flick I like.

Shit.  I forgot about Body Double.  But that has far more to do with lead actor Craig Wasson than it does DePalme.

Is blow out the one with travolta?

Yep!  Pretty good flick.

I have to agree with ya on that.

Winter's Bone - Great movie...thoughtful and original, albeit slow at times, well acted and entertaining.

SUCKER PUNCH
Been like a trillion time I watch this. It's on top of my best films ever list along with all the Underworld ones. Amzing performances, amazing story, amazing effects, FREAKING AMAZING AS MAD Robot with a rabbit face. Ya, I totally dig this one. Forever and ever. 666/10

The Hunger Games...my wife won't watch this with me but I actually enjoy it quite a bit

Godzilla, King of the Monsters 1956

All four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies.
They all get 10/10 from me. *embarrassed face*

Project X

A Very Harold And Kumar Christmas

LoudLon wrote:

Seven Psychopaths.  Entertaning, but it's basically a series of vignettes which, while they share many things and have a lot do with one another, don't come together as a whole.  Like a portrait without a face, it's missing its point.

I missed going to the theater with the gang to see this one, had to work  sniff. But they all enjoyed it and I love all the actors, can't wait to watch this one.

Just re watched Unforgiven just an awesome movie.

@ Daphs -- the acting is excellent from top to bottom, especially from Christopher Walken.  He tends to camp it up more often than not but he plays this one more straight, and it works very well.  As I said, it is an enjoyable flick, I was just left thinking "Great bunch of characters, but what was that all about?"

^ Lon sums up what I felt about it also...the best parts are the odd ball stories the characters tell within the movie itself...its just weird.

Seven Psychopaths (2012) - 9/10

kXnPunk wrote:

^^
That's one animation I'm the most wanting to see.
Even more that Frankenweenie can you imagine??? lol

Yeah Reilly is grand. Have you seen Carnage Tripod???
He's with Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet and Christopher Waltz.
Hilarious one this is.

Have you seen Hotel Transylvania?
I enjoyed it more than F.W.

12 Angry Men (1957) - 9/10

An excellent piece of cinema complete with excellent dialogue, memorable performances, and sociological significance.

Dredd (2012)

Creech -- if you liked the original 12 Angry Men, check out the 1997 remake directed by William "The Exorcist" Friedkin and starring Jack Lemon, George C. Scott and James Gandolfini, among others.  I was a big fan of the original but liked the remake even more.