Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

^ Thanks Lon, will do. I saw that there was a '97 remake but was about to pass it up until you mentioned the names Jack Lemon and William Friedkin. Heck yeah.

-Lonnie, I didn't know they remade 12 Angry Men...that's awesome.  The original had Piglet in it, lol.  Nothing beats that

Yeah, it was made for and premiered on Showtime, I believe.  Really good flick.  All the characters were modernized and played by more-than-capable character actors like Gandolfini, William Petersen, Tony Danza (don't let his jokey TV past fool you, he's convincing in his role), Edward James Olmos, Armin Mueller-Schtall (or however you spell his last name).  And all are excellent in their roles.  And you will hate, hate, hate Mykelti Williams.  Not because plays his role badly, but because he plays the character so well.

Vampy likes the original more, I go with the remake myself.  Can't go wrong with either film.

Thanks for the info Lonnie, and I love seeing borderline typecast actors in different roles flexing their acting talents (Robin Williams is the best) but it'll be nice to see James Gandolfini in that kind of movie.  I'm obsessed with The Sopranos and the few movies I've seen him in it's just weird seeing him....the only one that it doesn't bother me is Where the Wild Things Are, but I guess because we just hear him we don't see him.

Ok lemme get this straight.
I'm a true f*cking die hard fan of Kristen Bell since I discovered her in Pulse and I've watched everything she did since her first appearance in Spartan with Kilmer boy. Forgettng Sarah Marshall anyone??? So I know she's talented.

BUT...

HIT AND RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah. Not only Dax Sheppard her noyfriend is a lucky dude for being with her but see both play together is sooo damn cool. They just kick butts. Whole lotta them.

What an awesome flick. So pin point right on the spot. All movie long.

I love Kristen. More and more everytime I see her in something new.

And this is one of the best.

ROCKING FLICK AS H3LL!!! 666/10
Yeah, told you I liked her at the beginning didn't I, my score proves it. lol

Zero Dark Thirty 10/10 just a amazing movie

Gamer - for a movie that gets a lot of bad reviews I thought it was pretty good. I loved the story and the bizzare setting, plus it had some pretty decent gore. You just can't take it serious. 8/10

^^^
Yeah I liked it very much too. Wild effects too.

THE WITCHES OF OZ
On TV now and lemme tell you, I'm definitely enjoying this.
Pretty damn nice acting and effects.
I love magical fairy tales and this fits right into my tastes.
9/10

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
On TV, man, they show some amazing ones lately.

I'm a HUGE fan of that series, liked them all but this first one and Tokyo Drift, the 3rd are my favorites. 666/10

Tarzan (1999)
I fight back tears watching this movie. I have lost some of those fights. tongue 10/10

kXnPunk wrote:

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
On TV, man, they show some amazing ones lately.

I'm a HUGE fan of that series, liked them all but this first one and Tokyo Drift, the 3rd are my favorites. 666/10

I, too am a sucker for those movies.  Pumped the 6th one is coming this year

^^^
Yeah that'll be great. Loved how they switch back and forth in time during the series. Like it was cool to see Han back in Fast 5. smile

This afternoon, watched
LIFE OR SOMETHING LIKE IT with Angie in blonde which I love and Ed Burns. Fun flick. 9/10
And now checking part 2 of WITCHES OF OZ. Even better that the first part.

Dazed And Confused

The Godfather (1972) - 10/10
Cellular (2004) - 9/10
Downfall ; Der Untergang (2004) - 8.5/10

TRAFFIC
Just one thing to say that  explains why I love this movie so much.
Benicio Del Toro. 10/10

ABOUT ADAM
Man I love Kate Hudson.
And the others are grand too.

Fun little thingy. 8/10

Thanks Radio-Canada's sunday dinema nights. smile

John Dies At The End

Very enjoyable

X-Men: First Class

Excellent addition to the franchise. It takes either the 2nd or 3rd spot in the list of best X-Men films. I don't see Last Stand and Wolverine as bad as other people see it, just lesser than the others.

Personally for me it goes:
X2: X-Men United 10/10
X-Men 10/10 *interchangeable with First Class and vice versa
X-Men: First Class 10/10 *
X-Men: The Last Stand 8/10 - kind of in the same boat as Wolverine, good but not as memorable
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 8/10

^^^
Excellent lil' films HyptnoticCap.DeadSensible89. Cool avatar.

For me it goes:
ALL — 666/10

After seing my Jodie last night on the Globe thing, I rewatched one that is a marvel of acting. Her performance is almost Demon god like.
BRAVE ONE
Oh the suffering, oh the rage, oh the vengeance, oh her emotions, oh and oh and on and on and on.

She's fucking POWERFUL.
She's my top actress Demoness, nothing more nothing less, ever. Evilly cool as mad. big_smile

666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-14 12:03:44)

Dredd - Fantastic action flick. Some amazing camera work, nice simple old school story and some pretty good gore scenes. Wasn't expecting it to be this good. 9/10

^^^ It definitely was unfairly overlooked during its theatrical run.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Karl Urban makes a FAR better Judge Dredd than Stallone.

Last nigjt I watched...

Lincoln (2012) - It was very well done, that Day-lewis' has to be one of tbe best performances ive ever seen...right up tjere with the best. We all know how the story ends and I was a bit disappointed in how it was presented...grow some balls speilberg! I will warn you however this not an action film...there is literally only a few minutes of war on screen. Still intriguing tb ough if your a fan of history.

8/10

Just finished watching...

Argo (2012) - Im a fan of Brian Cranston...Aflack was very good in this also. Again tbis is not an action flick. Still an interesting story. Interesting yet it got a bit dull at times but they did build up some serious tension during a couple scenes. Ultimately, quite slow at times but still a pretty good flick.

8/10

Really looking forward to see the Globe winner. All I've heard, seen, read 'bout it looks promising.
Gotta admit I always liked Affleck, yeah even in Gigli. Sue me.

Watched:

Little Miss Sunshine