Re: The ABCs of Death

^^^
One of the best I've seen in a long while.

I can't wait to see this movie.

This looks really cool.

Rassberrys...this was okay, but honestly only a handfull of the segments were worth seeing. I would say about 7 of the stories were great, the other 19 mostly sucked.

There have been some names released for the sequel, including Sion Sono, Marcus Dunstan and the Twisted Twins. Can't wait to see what they make of it.

^^^
Yeah saw that. Can't wait either.

Still waiting for the DVD release in here. Can't wait, one of my damn favorite movies ever. Don't ask, I'm strange like that. lol

Oh that's cool, haha, I'm the exact same. The last few years have been revitalizing for the horror genre and this movie is one of the reasons for the comeback of (good) original horror. Sometimes hype is a good thing and this one lived up to the hype like it's nothing. Definitely one of the best of the last 15 years.

From the impression I get from some of its coverage - reviews etc - it seems that many of the segments are just like a succesion of gory Eli Roth shorts - i.e big on explicit imagery and concepts for shock and titillation sake, but that offers NOTHING else. Call me a grumpy guy but I wouldn't say that is very original in the genre's current climate.

But, hey after I actually get round to watching I might like it, so......

I love this! I can't wait for the 2nd one! I think it's the perfect showcase and got my other half into more diverse horror. He was so mainstream it was painful sometimes! But showing him this and other shorts/anthologies has opened his eyes. Some shorts were flaming awful! But I love ott masses of blood. Some had awesome stories that I'd love to see made feature length. Some were full of gore and action. Some were just ok and some were so freaking awful I want to tell amazon to not give a single penny to those specific directors.

If you're easily offended by animal death, baby death and pedophilia in fiction don't go there!

Last edited by UltraViolence (2013-05-24 17:24:30)

Any of you have seen the children book they are putting out???
Looks insanely cool.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/05/the … k-is-here/

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Book-Proof-A-is-For_1024x1024-610x453.jpg