Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Detention - one of the most bizzare movies I've ever seen, and I'm pleased to say I loved every second of it. Gory kills, Aliens, time traveling bears and a guy who is slowly turning into a fly. Good Stuff. 8/10

Wreckage - the defenition of average. Setting was cool and the story was decent but unfortunately the characters were extremely boring and the acting sucked, as did the few kill scenes. 5/10

Ticks (1993) - A fun, gory little b-movie. I would put it near the top of my best of "killer insect" movies.

7/10

Edit: post was cut off

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2013-01-13 10:51:26)

Slaughter High

My Bloody Valentine remake in 3d, sat in the dark with my lil 3d glasses on, hee hee its fun for meeeee;)

^ I disliked that remake so much, I just find it to be bad in so many areas. From the way they done the story, to the acting.

In my continuing watching of Slendy vids, I found an interesting one, totally different.  Instead of being people running around with cameras, this one guy hacked/modified Sims 2 so Slendy would show up, and eventually start screwing with the Sim characters.  Kind of neat, if really slow.

Friday the 13th Part V A New Beginning....I love it.  So many hate on it, and I understand why, but it was the very first Friday film I saw (when I was 5 the guy at the video store gave me a copy I rented it so much as it was the only one ever in stock lol)

The Funhouse

thedeadshallrule wrote:

My Bloody Valentine remake in 3d, sat in the dark with my lil 3d glasses on, hee hee its fun for meeeee;)

I watched that today also but not the 3D experience.
The only good thing about it was Jensen big_smile and some of the killings were cool.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Friday the 13th Part V A New Beginning....I love it.  So many hate on it, and I understand why, but it was the very first Friday film I saw (when I was 5 the guy at the video store gave me a copy I rented it so much as it was the only one ever in stock lol)

I liked it more than most, as well; it was also the first Friday flick I saw (all the way through, anyway), it had I believe the highest bodycount in the series, I dug the guy who played Tommy (and his very realistic karate throw-down on Junior), plus it had Miguel "Return of the Living Dead" Nunez, and even an actress whose last name was Voorhees.  Plus the blond waitress..."It's showtime!"  Admittedly one of my favorite totally gratuitous boob-shots of all time. lol

All in all, not bad for a movie with a fake Jason.

^^^
Yeah. Hahaha gratuitious indeed. But so welcome to my eyes.

Liked it too. Like them all, H3LL, how couldn't I it's Jason. I'm the same with Myera, Leatherface and Freddy. Love 'em all.

My cat miaows and runs all over, hard to concentrate.

INBRED
Holy crap that was great. On the same road as what I've heard read about. Freaking insanely nice little picture. Sits right on top of the best I've seen recently. And what great acting in the whole pellicula.
And wicked rad story telling.
666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-14 00:16:03)

Eh, I'll post it here.

Priest

Very fun film. I hope there's a sequel since the ending leaves the door wide open for , but I doubt it since it wasn't a financial success. Nice mix of horror, action, fantasy, scifi and a semi western setting. I confused Paul Bettany for Karl Urban. Silly me. No need for any film school critiquing here. This film was made for entertainig. 9/10

Don't Torture a Duckling.  As I sat down to re-watch it, I was thinking, eh, it's been about ten years, may as well revisit it.  But as I was watching it, I realized, no, it's been at least TWENTY years since I last saw it (my memory fooled me -- I hate when that happens, and it doesn't happen often).  And holy shit, it is NOWHERE near as good as I remembered it.  I especially forgot how horrible the FX were, espeically a couple of the dummies (the boy in the pool and the killer's death at the end). 

Wow.  What the hell made me remember this being a good movie? lol

LoudLon wrote:

Don't Torture a Duckling.  As I sat down to re-watch it, I was thinking, eh, it's been about ten years, may as well revisit it.  But as I was watching it, I realized, no, it's been at least TWENTY years since I last saw it (my memory fooled me -- I hate when that happens, and it doesn't happen often).  And holy shit, it is NOWHERE near as good as I remembered it.  I especially forgot how horrible the FX were, espeically a couple of the dummies (the boy in the pool and the killer's death at the end). 

Wow.  What the hell made me remember this being a good movie? lol

Boo. Its my fav second Fulci movie (1st being Zombi 2) personally. Ah well. Each to their own.

NOROI: THE CURSE

First off, I admit I'm a fan of Documentary/Found Footage movies since the magnificient Blair Witch and this one is just that.
Weird freucked up storyline. Great acting. H3LL normal, it's a Jap movie ya hear me???
Love the way it's cut and mounted.

And the ending oh man the ending. Ambiguous as wild. Which I'm very found of. smile

And the naration is woah. Yes very woahable. 9/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-14 13:22:20)

^^
If you can find it (Golem found a link for me and I did bookmark it), Chichibu Demon is like a weak Noroi.  He also wanted to watch POV- A Cursed Film, but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

Watched Nightmare on Elm Street still an awesome movie and I watched Nightmare on Elm Street 2 besides a few moments this movie is pretty awful.Will be continuing the series throughout the day

Splinter

^^^
Hahaha weak Noroi sounds great.
Will look.
Love the name. Hey, I love Demons. lol

Danke, Gracias, Grazie, Merci, Thanks, Obrigado, Narkrontagluvyargh. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-14 15:15:18)

Cabin in the woods - 7/10 Really funny, and i liked the deeper meaning but some of it was plain stupid

Sinister - 7/10 - I liked this, it had good atmosphere but it didn't live up to what most people were making it to be.

Dawn of the Dead - 10/10 always will be one of my favorite horror films. Such a classic, i got it for christmas this year and i realized that it is autographed by George A. Romero. smile so awesome!!

Saw - 8.5/10 - this was my first time finally watching this. I enjoyed it

Apollo 18 - kinda slow, but I figured it would be, movies that take place in space tend to go that way.  I had hoped for a bit more creature feature, it seemed more suspense than anything else.  Still nice and creepy, though, the isolation factor of being on the moon was pretty effective, I thought.  Overall, 7/10.

V/H/S - been looking forward to this one for a while - I thought it was pretty good, but I thought it would be a bit more edgy, still a good time, though.  I need to watch it a couple more times before I can rate it, I think.

Last edited by LivingDeadDoll (2013-01-14 16:53:24)

Humanoids from the Deep (1980) - Cheesy good fun with the added goodness of ample boobies.  3/5.

From beyond the Grave (1973) - An anthology of 4 short stories, entertaining, but nothing overly exciting.  2.5/5.

Kuroneko (1968) 2.5/5.

kXnPunk wrote:

First off, I admit I'm a fan of Documentary/Found Footage movies since the magnificient Blair Witch and this one is just that.
Weird freucked up storyline. Great acting. H3LL normal, it's a Jap movie ya hear me???

And the ending oh man the ending. Ambiguous as wild. Which I'm very found of. smile

One of my Favs.
You shoud watch the other movies of the director, Okaruto (Occult) and Shirome, preferrably in that order, because Shirome gets a little... odd.

Last edited by golem09 (2013-01-14 17:39:30)

Resident Evil Retribution

golem09 wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

One of my Favs.
You shoud watch the other movies of the director, Okaruto (Occult) and Shirome, preferrably in that order, because Shirome gets a little... odd.

Oh no, not that awful movie you made me watch Golem. lol Interesting that kXnPunk likes it aswell though, and as I say each to their own.