Topic: A new age.

A thread to discuss new age,esoteric,metaphysical,etc topics.
My main interest is in Astral Projection.

Re: A new age.

I took a class on remote viewing once.  Interesting, and some pretty respected people believe in it.  Not sure I do.

Cool idea for a thread, Hellrat. It's funny that you mention astral projection (because as you already saw on FB), I seriously feel that I almost had an outer body experience early this morning.

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I eventually went to bed at 2:30 am, sleep deprived. Around 5:00 am, after experimenting with some second-hand lucidity (lucid dreams would be a good topic for this thread too), I found myself in this kind of dream space - as in where I was sleeping, and I knew I was sleeping, but found myself devoid of any dreams - there was just a kind of blackness. Then I got this message, in actual words, that said, "Contact your spirit guides". So I acknowledged this and made an attempt to do so. I formed a kind of mantra, and then I became totally aware that I was really in my bed, sleeping. I could almost feel my body on the mattress, even. But I kept up the mantra, and I felt a vibrating sensation all over my body, could hear this slight ringing tone (soft, but there), and felt like I was being gently pulled upwards. The vibration and ring grew stronger, as if I was being pulled into a place where I could speak freely with my Guides.

But you see, I'm skeptical about these kind of things. I don't believe much in spirits, "the other side", etc. So I thought, what if these aren't my guides that are creating this ringing sound, but rather something in my room getting into my dream space? Once that thought was announced, the vibration started the fade, as did the ring. Startled, I started up the mantra again, requesting the assistance of my guides. It all faded in and out, and eventually it was all gone. I then woke up...shivering.

So you see, now I'm not as skeptical towards the concept of "Spirit Guides". It MAY have been just a dream, but god damn was it friggin' strange. I honestly think it was another force making contact with me.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-12-28 15:36:15)

- -

Last edited by The Creature (2012-12-21 23:24:18)

^^
I'm going to have to step in here and say that any non-doctor saying to use any supplement is not a good thing.  No offense, Creature, I know you have a good mind and a good goal, but there is no way that suggesting any type of supplement or drug is OK on this site.  If something happens, HM is on the hook.

I'm going to report this, but not in anger, Creature.  Just trying to keep HM safe from the increasingly crazy government.

Peace, man.  You know I got your back.

azathoth wrote:

^^
I'm going to have to step in here and say that any non-doctor saying to use any supplement is not a good thing.  No offense, Creature, I know you have a good mind and a good goal, but there is no way that suggesting any type of supplement or drug is OK on this site.  If something happens, HM is on the hook.

I'm going to report this, but not in anger, Creature.  Just trying to keep HM safe from the increasingly crazy government.

Peace, man.  You know I got your back.

When you're right, you're right. I should have thought ahead on that one.
I took out the post. My bad, folks.
The best idea is the check with your Doc first.

Az the squeeler munkey lol

I used to do astral projection with the help of a guide that showed me the hows and whats. Stopped because I went too far down. Yes, there's an up but there's a down too and lemme tell ya, the most scary horror movie isn't even close to what happened to me down there. Fear, REAL fear. So I stopped after having done it for like 8 months or something. But yes, it IS possible. They say we use only 10% of our mind's power and I really believe it.

kXnPunk wrote:

I used to do astral projection with the help of a guide that showed me the hows and whats. Stopped because I went too far down. Yes, there's an up but there's a down too and lemme tell ya, the most scary horror movie isn't even close to what happened to me down there. Fear, REAL fear. So I stopped after having done it for like 8 months or something. But yes, it IS possible. They say we use only 10% of our mind's power and I really believe it.

That sounds pretty scary, Punk. I'd very much like to experience astral projection myself though...I may have to use the occasional sleep paralysis I find myself trapped in to my advantage at some point - if I can get over the fear aspect of it all. Also, from what I've read, even self-induced sleep paralysis can lead to outer body experiences too.

"Tiptoe through the tulips...."

Cool and scary in equal measures, for my money. I'd like to experience it though

I'm glad I'm not the only person on HM with a true kooky side.

Edit: Then again...maybe I am. lol

Last edited by The Creature (2012-12-28 22:01:41)

Wanted to give props to Creature.

And you haven't seen kooky until you see the attic in my basement.

The Creature wrote:

That sounds pretty scary, Punk. I'd very much like to experience astral projection myself though...I may have to use the occasional sleep paralysis I find myself trapped in to my advantage at some point - if I can get over the fear aspect of it all. Also, from what I've read, even self-induced sleep paralysis can lead to outer body experiences too.

Like HorrorQueen said, cool and scary at the same time but yeah, when you do it, it's exactly the moment where consciousness and unconsciousness meet that you get away.

Hahaha azathoth.

Lately when I'm on the edge of sleep I hear someone call my name but everyone else in the house is asleep.

Can I suggest exorcism. lol

But yeah I can understand, the things whatever you call them wanna direct you to the right way. Or wrong whichever

The only sure cure to exorcism is a gunshot to the head