Topic: Pumpkinhead makes a comeback!

New Pumpkinhead films are on the way ( http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5816.html ) To me Love Hurts (Part 4) sounds stupid while Ashes To Ashes might be worth a watch. What are your thoughts on them?

Re: Pumpkinhead makes a comeback!

I enjoyed the first Pumpkinhead and disliked the sequel so this should be good if done right.  Also it will be interesting to see how the adult Bunt comes into play.

Yea I noticed I am one of only a handful of people who actually liked Bloodwings. Love Hurts sounds like such a bad idea I don't even know where to begin. But hopefully Ashes to Ashes will be something we can look forward to..

I like the original, saw a bit of the sequel.  Didn't much care for it. 

Love Hurts...maybe it might be good and Ashes to Ashes does sound the more fun of the pair.  As long as they use a guy in a suit I will be happy.  If they have a CGI Pumpkinhead... *eyes turn red and wings burst out, fangs grow and fire shoots from nostrils before disappearing* 

May whomever is the dieity of filmmaking have mercy on their souls...

I really liked the first one but the second sucked IMO.
I hope they do something good with Ashes to Ashes by bringing Henriksen back as a ghost and having Doug "Pinhead" Bradley in it can only be good..... I hope smile

Love Hurts doesn't sound good at all. Comedy should be totally left out of Pumpkinhead films.

i liked the first and the sequel. infact im fiendin right now to go get the dvd's. i prolly will tomorrow. cant wait to see the new pumpkinhead movies.

The first one really was great.  I htink the second one was meant more for Punky Brewster to toughen up her image by using the word "fuck" as much as possible.  She may have even used all her Punky money to purchase Pumpkinhead for this reason smile

I loved the first Pumpkinhead.  I thought 2 was alright but nothing like the first.  I honestly dont know what we'll get with this new one.

cant say i have ever seen a single pumpkinhead movie.

Don't forget Pumpkinhead 3 premiers on Sci/Fi in October. I like part 2, it wasn't as good as the original but most sequels aren't. 3 and 4 can't be as bad as House of the Dead 2, I don't think.

Yea thats the one movie I am really looking forward to watching come October on TV.. I still like Bloodwings (Part 2).. I think it gets a raw deal from most fans. I dug the effects and thought those were pimp.. and him chillin at that well.. damn..

I've only seen the sequel and I liked it. I'm looking forward to Pumpkin Head 3, but the fourth movie sounds like it's going to be crap.

I liked the first P-head, but the second was saved only by the amazing stunt chickens!

I love the first one and I liked the second.  I'll probably watch them both.

Leon wrote:

I've only seen the sequel and I liked it. I'm looking forward to Pumpkin Head 3, but the fourth movie sounds like it's going to be crap.

If you liked the 2nd, def. get the first...its a good, dark movie...Lance Henrickson is excellent in this.  I was very dissappointed in the 2nd movie...the others sound like the 3rd and 4th CROW movie...as in they shouldn't have been allowed by law...especially the one with big Eddy Furlong. Tito Ortiz said he watched that movie, was so mad that he wanted to "ground n pund" Furlong and the other guy..Dolenz? Borenz? whatever his name was...I HIGHLY recommend the first Pumpkinhead movie.

Doesn't sound too promising, which is a shame because I really liked the first movie.  The creature design and the myth surrounding it was excellent.

Still, I may look into seeing them, maybe they won't be too bad.

Anyone see what was on Doc's (Pinhead) desk in ashes to ashes?

No..what was it?

I liked Ashes to Ashes...pretty good though the CGI was pretty bad.  Thankfully it was only there for a few scenes.

Yea I felt the same way Gary Tunnicliffe did a great job with the Pumpkinhead effects.. He also did the effects on Feast so you know they were pretty damn good..

I was let down by the shoddy CGI though.. Luckily they used it sparingly.

I really liked the suit, very well done but the CGI just didn't cut it. 

Spare for the chruch scene where the CGI Pumpkinhead was in full light...I am glad everything else was darker.

I've seen the 1st 1 and thought it was utter shite to be honest, it was soooo borin and about as scary as eating bread

thegoldensimatar wrote:

No..what was it?

I liked Ashes to Ashes...pretty good though the CGI was pretty bad.  Thankfully it was only there for a few scenes.

Can't believe no one saw these!!!
3 or 4 of the puzzle boxes from Hellraiser were stacked up as decorations on the table.

So i'll take it that Pumpkinhead made a halfway decent comeback from the way you all are talking about it. However i wished someone would write a review on it though.

I will have to watch it again...taped it. 

I'll try to write a review...hopefully this weekend if i get time.