Re: The Evil Dead (2013)

When I heard they were doing a remake of this, I just shook my head.  How could they do this?  WHY?

But after seeing that trailer....Shit. I'm eating my words now.  It looks GOOOOOOOOOOD.  I'm definitely going to see it.  I'm really interested to see what they will do with a little bit of a bigger budget.  The original is great because they did what they did on next to no money and it still turned out to be disturbing and gory and wonderful.  But it's definitely going to be cool to see a more modern take on it.  I'm not FULLY against remakes...Just the unnecessary and horribly done ones big_smile

3 months left it's coming closer I can smell the Blood it'll smash in our faces already. YAY!!!

"Kunda, Strata, Mantuse, Kanda..."

Welcome Necronomicon!!! big_smile

Going to be the best horror movie of 2013...take my word for it. I love the whole no CGI thing.

kXnPunk wrote:

"Kunda, Strata, Mantuse, Kanda..."

Welcome Necronomicon!!! big_smile

Please tell me this is a joke.

just watched the 2nd redband trailer today...I guess I missed that one.  Man...how good is this going to be.  I hope it inspires filmakers to Drop the CGI werewolves and get their hands dirty again like back in the day.

azathoth wrote:

Please tell me this is a joke.

No I won't. tongue

Damn JackBurton boy man dude, was about time.
Oh it IS gonna be GOOD, no doubt possible.

With the new red poster they just got out I think it's time they feed us another trailer. Come on...

Only 2 months left. Can feel it coming.

Main site posted new photos this morning, very nice, love the one with the car. smile

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/02/new … evil-dead/

I'm so into Evil Dead that every fucking day I spend hours looking up stuff about it and today was my first time seing the poster which I gotta say is just beautiful.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tyeo-YKr5g8/ULx_aZCAeZI/AAAAAAAADyM/Pnq1uknMVZ0/s1600/evil_dead_2013.jpg

Wonder if they'll come up with other ones. Be sure I'll check that out. I won't miss a damn thing about it. lol

ONE DAMN MONTH!!! WWWOOOHHHOOO!!!

Evil Dead is the only movie that's imprinted that deep in my veins.
It's a total part of me. Hahaha Yeah, I'm nuts. So is Raimi.

Oh, and azathoth...

That is a nice poster.

I've read some advance reviews.  Pluses, according to those reviews: hyper-violent and one of the goriest mainstream, wide-release horror flicks ever.  Minuses: very little story or character development.

But this was true of the original as well, yet Raimi's distinct style elevated it.  I've never seen any of the remake's director's work, so here's to hoping he has a distinctive, elevating style, as well.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about it.

ie.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/evil-dead-review

Take it with a grain of salt, considering it's IGN after-all.

You don't have to tell me much more than: a vicious assault on the senses that is every bit as good as the originals to get me seriously. tongue

I'm really sold anyways so they can say anything that won't change what I think from now on.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-10 20:39:09)

Needs more flying monkeys.  But I'll live, lol !

^^^
Hahaha Can they be gore enough???

I, too am being very optimistic about this movie.
It comes out on my birthday, and nothing BAD should happen on your birthday right?
RIGHT?
Instead of celebrating the big 2-5 by crying in a corner.
I might be yelling in either glee or anger depending on how this turns out.
I'm hoping it'll be super fun.

Can't get enough of these TV spots they're showing.
And of course it'll be good. How the H3LL can it not???

I don't know
I had my hopes up very high for Sinister and was sadly disappointed.
Hoping this won't be the same way

I'm sure it'll be awesome.
Or at least I hope it will be tongue

I admit I a freaking true HARDCORE fan of Evil Dead and I've been this way since I first saw it in the eighties.

There's a site I go to since years and it's THE place for fans of the film so I tought I'll link you to it.

DEADITES ONLINE
http://www.deadites.net/

^ Solid link, Punk. cool I appreciate you sharing.

Plenty of cool interviews on the home page with the director and cast members that I hadn't seen before.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-03-21 20:07:01)

Gosh I hope I like this movie, I have a deadite type of feeling I am not uh oh

You're welcome The Creature.
I wish they still had the diaries Raimi wrote while filming it, it was a damn blast to read. But sadly they're not on anymore.

thedeadshallrule, how could you not like it???

It's been a damn loooong time I haven't been waiting for a movie like this one. Wooohooo!!!

From what I've seen in trailers, this movie is going to kick ass! I'm actually getting my hopes up for the release and plan on seeing it at the movie theater. Yea, I'm giving up my hard earned money to see it on the big screen.

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of haters, as well as lovers of this film. There will be a ton of fans bantering back and forth on the good and bad of the film: because of it's iconic stature, rabid fans. I'm trusting that the director will do it justice, as it truly deserves just that.

Bring it on!!

Underdog wrote:

From what I've seen in trailers, this movie is going to kick ass! I'm actually getting my hopes up for the release and plan on seeing it at the movie theater. Yea, I'm giving up my hard earned money to see it on the big screen.

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of haters, as well as lovers of this film. There will be a ton of fans bantering back and forth on the good and bad of the film: because of it's iconic stature, rabid fans. I'm trusting that the director will do it justice, as it truly deserves just that.

Bring it on!!

The past week I've hyped myself up. I'm excited. Wonder how many hated reviews we'll see !