Topic: Music For A Horror Film

Greetings, I'm a musician/composer looking for an Indie director that needs a horror music score. Dark, sometimes menacing yet melodic, my music style is reminiscent of Jay Chattaway (Maniac) Malcolm Seagrave and Fred Myrow (Phantasm, Phantasm II). Here's a short example of my work using just Mellotron and piano. Thank you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1T4otDlc3A

Re: Music For A Horror Film

Due to Dan coming back and explaining his side of the story, I'm retracting my anti-spam message.  I find that fact that he spoke up against my tirade and was polite about it  was a superb move (when was the last time we saw that?).

So, sorry Dan, good luck.  And please hang around some more.  We're much nicer the 2nd time around. big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-16 13:23:12)

-snip-

Last edited by Tripod (2013-01-16 13:21:47)

Weird to see Moon into all these different itterations.
You shouldn't have made Moon angry, see now he's mad. And the monkey badass killer knight is too. Yeah you with the nice beard and corporate, WAAAY too corporate look.

azathoth, I love the Facebook one. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-16 12:47:12)

Didn't intend on pissing anyone off (Sorry azathoth). Yes I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself and my music. BTW: I like the facebook one as well.

Just to clairify, I'm not looking for work. I'd just like to create an Indie film score (no charge) if any directors are interested.

^^
Glad you came back, that's good.  Just so you know, we have been having problems with spammers recently.  Since you did come back and explain, I'm going to retract my post.  Also, I guess I just mis-read your post about wanting to do some music for people.

Please don't take it personally.  The fact that you were calm about it is also a clear sign that you have character.  Give me a minute, and I will be replacing my post.  Good luck to you!

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-16 13:26:53)

Awwww and everyone is friends again smile

Yeah sorry for coming off as a douche. I'll edit my post as well since it's all good.

You look like Ricky Gervais. Nice, and also good luck.

I'm going to edit the Spammers Beware thread, too.  It should be saved for someone that deserves it.

And PyroPirahna, tongue

Watch out Lon doesn't like the tongue lol

Thanks all. I'm glad to be a part of this forum and wish I had known about it years ago. Horror films especially from the 70's and 80's are a big part of me so I'm looking forward to meeting others that share similar passions in life.

We have movie nights where we all get on skype and watch a movie together. It's a lot of fun. There's a thread somewhere in here but I am too lazy to search lol.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=30677

Thanks Scav. 
(mumble mumble just wasted 45 seconds coming up with that link mumble mumble   lol  )

See I knew somebody else would handle it lol

I always thought M83 would be good in a horror movie. I also love old country songs in movies makes it creepier for some reason.

Pyhhra wrote:

We have movie nights where we all get on skype and watch a movie together. It's a lot of fun. There's a thread somewhere in here but I am too lazy to search lol.

That's so cute! I totally want in on this.

Very cool. How do you go about deciding what to watch?

There's a list sometimes and other times it just randomly starts cuz there's a bunch of us on skype.

This weekend we're doing one.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 36#p637936

Pyhhra wrote:

Watch out Lon doesn't like the tongue lol

That's not entirely true.  I don't like when people stick their tongues out at me, but otherwise it does serve a number of purposes.

Minds out of the gutter, people. big_smile