Topic: HEAVY SNOW on Friday for UK!

Quote  Winter is tightening its grip over much of the UK, with widespread freezing fog tomorrow following by extensive snow falling during much of Friday.

The lowest temperatures into today were -12.7C at Braemar in Scotland and -12.1C at Houghton Hall in Norfolk, MeteoGroup said that average temperatures were between -3C and -7C, and -3C in London - with worse to come. In Norfolk 262 schools have closed due to the weather

But many of us could feel even colder tomorrow. Laura Caldwell, a forecaster with the MeteoGroup weather division of the Press Association, said tonight's minimum could be -8C or even lower where snow is lying already.

Tomorrow will see widespread fog, especially in eastern England - with temperatures struggling to crawl above freezing apart from in the south and west.

Winds pick up into Friday, with the potential for gale force gusts in coastal areas - making 0C feel like up to -8C.

Most of England and Scotland would see significant snowfalls from daybreak, with possible blizzard conditions in exposed areas. Apart from the south and west, snowfall would be widespread and significant - not clearing until towards the end of the day.

The Met Office has issued an "amber" severe weather warning for parts of Wales and western England.

And then freezing fog returns on Saturday.

Today, RAC spokesman Simon Williams said that operators had dealt with a normal day's worth of calls before midday in East Anglia, one of the worst-hit areas

"We are experiencing a high volume of call-outs in coastal areas from the north east to Brighton in the south," he added.

"The main issues are frozen doors, petrol caps, windows and handbrakes.

"Nationally, we are expecting 8,500 breakdowns today, which is 1,000 more than a normal winter's day."Quote 

I am really happy at the moment and Yesterday Yellow Warning is Now AMBER WARNING for Wales , West Midlands and North West England could get up too 10CM - 15CM

While the rest of the UK could Get up to 5-10c of Snow, The Snow will Fall in time for Rush Hour and no stop falling for a least 12 hours!

So Friday is A SNOW DAY PEOPLE  , A SNOW DAY PEOPLE!

I hoping I get SNOWED IN, BUT I don't what to go TO work and get snowed in at WORK! LOL

Re: HEAVY SNOW on Friday for UK!

Getting snowed in at work WOULD suck

I love the snow, it's my favourite weather big_smile I hope it snows really hard!

Been snowing for hours now in the west midlands,
Just took the dog for work at 10pm

I Love it when it's snow as it never looks dark, if fun walking around
i little shocked some people were also walking their dog at this time of night.

Last edited by BASSI (2013-01-17 17:09:53)

I CANNOT get snowed in tomorrow. I have my order form to submit for my exam on monday! Lol.

Your in wales, if you were south wales, you would have got snowed in lol
As RED ALERT!

I am off to check the lastest weather forcast now! on BBC 1

Ha it's snowing now but only lightly, but it's been on and off all day. Hoping we get snowed in tomorrow, I don't want to go to work lol

If it snows (here in Ireland), it means I am off college. So the more the merrier for me.

I wish we'd get more snow here in Michigan. We had like 6 or 7 inches about two weeks ago and then it all disappeared.  it's certainly cold enough.  Last  night it was 18 degrees (-7 celsius)

Well my college closed so my exam order didn't go in grrr. Bloody weather. I hate snow...

I think i'm the only person who loves snow, haha

we haven't got too much here in Cambridge although it's bloody cold. bloody good job because i hate the fricking stuff! i hate snow! i hate snow! i hate snow! i hate snow! you know what? i hate snow! did i mention i hate snow? smile

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I think i'm the only person who loves snow, haha

Nah, HQ & I both like snow.  I don't like it when I get 20 inches (51 cm) of snow, but then I haven't had a chance to try out my snowblower I bought in 2011!  Get 3 huge storms, then I get a blower, and nothing worth using it on since.  Phhttt!

Add me to the pro-snow list.  It's not winter without it.  Wish we'd get some.  Not so much that we lose power over it, but a little powder on the surrounding hills is a beautiful sight to behold.

^^
Especially if you get a full moon right after.  My screenshot in the Screenshot Thread doesn't do the scene justice.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Especially if you get a full moon right after.  My screenshot in the Screenshot Thread doesn't do the scene justice.

awwwwwwwwwww! now you're taking the piss Banana breath! the snow clogs my fur up on a full moon and i get my little ol tootsies cold!!! brrrrrrrrrr! and howwwwwwwllll and my bollocks turn bright blue! Bright Blue Bollocks, can you imagine? lol

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-01-19 06:28:30)

Come on, iam from tyrol.

Tyrol is the home of Snow, so no Problem with Snow!?
But i prefer Summer

Well I went out side, I had about 3 inches and half of snow in my back garden right now,

When dogs need to jump like rabbit lol.

He loves its, I want more snow!

Looks like East turn tomorrow, So if your in london or East side of the UK, Yellow warning

I think some of it might get into the midlands, I am hoping, I can not wait to my dogs for walk again! 

If 10:45 now, I am going out side to play in the snow now!

I having some light snow at the moment but it's could get heavy about 3pm

I love the fact that weather is only going effect the East and the Midlands lol

20 centimeters here. Still falliing. And cold as mad, -18°C now. Grrr...

What a bunch of damn crap. I HATE WINTER!!! sad

Almost about 5inch in back right now!
Still falling and it don't think going to stop any time soon as this showers,  It going to get heavy later according to the weather

It's about 6 inches now

Meanwhile in Canada...

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/snow_zps365788fb.jpg

Ya wanna get snow bound in my cabin DG? I have lots of stuff to keep us amused!

Hahahaha AWESOME DirtyGirl.
It's going straight to my Facebook wall that's for sure, too good. lol