Topic: Vampire Lovers Raise Your Hands

Yeah, needed a spot to talk about my passion for Vamps.
Anyone that love bats can join me with stuff about movies, books, graphic novels and all that shit in here.

I'll start with this which is very nice.
V````V

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5624/slegend.jpg

Re: Vampire Lovers Raise Your Hands

I'm Helsing, Vampy is obvious.  It's an odd relationship.

Yeah I bet.
But wait, Van Helsing really???
Weird, never knew Van Helsing was a money. Must had a garlic>banana producing lab somewhere in some weird m-movie I haven't seen... lol

You think a mere human can take on a vamp wife?

If she's virgin, yes, done that more than once.
*Grins.

Gimme bloodsucking fiends any day. I still say to this day that Colin Farrell as Jerry could bite me. I wouldn't even pretend to struggle!

Big Vamp fan here...

What are your favourite Vamp movies?

My favorite vamp films are

Stakeland
Twins of Evil
Dracula 1931
30 Days of Night
Nosferatu 1979

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-01-19 11:07:19)

I'm old school Hammer- they were the first horror movies to scare me as a kid.

For newer ones, obviously Twilight.

Underworld
Let The Right One In
Bram Stoker's Dracula
20 Days Of Night
Nosferatu 79
Stakeland
The Brides Of Dracula
Dracula 31

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-19 11:21:45)

Vampires are good yes, never really found a passion for them though. Especially when Twilight came along and slaughtered the good name.

Why nobody praises Let Me In (a Hollywood version that is)? I watched'em both and enjoyed american more. Or was that just Cloe Moretz?

The Batman vs. Dracula is a favorite of mine. The World's Greatest Detective and Count Dracula, man what an awesome  combination.

Fright night (original and remake)
Let the right one in.
Dracula
The lost boys
30 Days of night

I liked Let me in but I found the original more touching smile Chloe Moritz was very good I'll give her that. She's an amazing young actress, super excited for her Carrie.

I am old school too...

Hammer Draculas starring Lee are my favs followed by Bela Lugosi in Universal's Dracula.  Not to mention Nosferatu, the original and Herzog's remake, Dracula (79) and Jess Franco's Count Dracula.   As for the newer ones...  Interview With a Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Near Dark, Lost Boys, and Let The Right One In.   

I have become addicted to Vampire Diaries lately and True Blood is good too.

I've got near dark recorded. Will have to get on it actually forgot about it!

When it comes to horror, vampire films are my favorite genre. I fell in love with the genre in the 70's with Hammer productions, and Lee is second to none when playing a vampire.

My 3 favorite vamp films are:

IWTV

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Stakeland

azathoth wrote:

For newer ones, obviously Twilight.

hahah awesome!!

My faves are

Let The Right One In
Salmes Lot
The Lost Boys
Fright Night (original and remake)
The Night Flier
The Horror of Dracula
Blade
Stakeland
30 Days of Night

30 Days of Night - One of my overall favorite movies.
Vampires - Kind of underrated in my opinion and Thomas Ian Griffith is awesome (yes, I still like him from Karate Kid 3).
Lost Boys
Underworld
Salems Lot
Fright Night

One of the worst- Daybreakers

I think I would rather be a werewolf than a vampire.  Especially if I could control the time I change.  Just the sheer power.

I think I would rather be a vampire hunter than a vampire.

* Edit * Best show - True Blood - Still a fan of this.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-01-19 16:58:55)

My favorite vamp films are
Stakeland
Twins of Evil
Dracula 1931
30 Days of Night
Nosferatu 1979

AND NEAR DARK. How could I forget.

DirtyGirl H3LL YEEESSS, TRUE FUCKING BLOOOOOOOOOD.
Man, dig this series way too much, the latest season is amazing.

I forgot a very important one and wonder why it ran away from my Vamp mind, damn, Juliet Lewis but ESPECIALLY Salma Hayek in bikini, you know the one I talk about right??? Yup From Dusk Till Dawn.

And for Let Me In, yeah Chloe was good but never as good as Lina in Let The Right One In [originally called Morse BTW], she deliverers one of the best performances I've seen a kid do aside everything Dakota Fanning and Abigail Breslin have done..

And I got to admit that I'm a Twilight fan. Got them all and love them all too. Shit, how could I not, I love that Kristen Stewart chick. Can't wait ti see her in Kerouac's On The Road.

Yeah shoot me, I don't care, I'm an Undead with fangs so it'd have the same effect as trying to get drunk with water. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-19 17:16:50)

I'm not a huge vampire fan but there are plenty of vamp flicks I dig for one reason or another.  Namely:

Near Dark -- Paxton is THE MAN in this flick.  Director Kathryn Bigelow describes it as a vampire western; I describe it as one of the better horror flicks of the 80s.  Well-directed, well-acted (especially by the aforementioned Paxton), plenty of splatter and engaging characters.  Trust me, Crispy, you're gonna dig it.

Martin -- one of Romero's absolute best, IMO, expertly toeing the line of "Is he a vampire or isn't he" while also delivering one of the all-time great extended stalk sequences.  There's also Tom Savini in a small acting role (one of his first on-camera gigs) plus this was Savini's first job where he was head of make-up and not just someone else's assistant.  And John Amplas' work as the title character is so good, I never could understand why it didn't lead to bigger things for him.

The Lost Boys -- loads of 80s horror fun.  And oh my goodness, Jamie Gertz...'nuff said.

Habit -- indie vamp flick by indie-filmmaking legend Larry Fessenden.  Low-key and somber, this one, and very well done.

From Dusk Till Dawn -- eight words: Savini, Hayek, Lewis, Williamson, boobs, splatter and Saxon! (note: "and" counts as one of those eight words lol )

Vamp -- never was big on Grace Jones but she looks cool as hell in white-face

Blade and Blade 2 -- I like the second one better but they're both still great action/fantasy/horror flicks and Snipes kicks so much ass as Blade it's not even funny.  Hated Blade Trinity, though.

Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula -- the supporting cast and Coppola's insistence on old-school, non-CGI effects are what make this flick for me

Dracula (1931) -- the first and still among the best.  Lugosi owns that role.  Owns it.  So much great stuff in this one that not many people seem to notice.  For instance the scene where Lugosi's coming down the stairs and there's a wall of cobwebs in front of him.  It cuts to another character, then back to Lugos and now he's on the opposite side of the cobweb wall, which is intact.  Most folks either don't catch that or consider it a goof, but it was completely intentional and the flick is chock-full of such creepy subtleties.

Nosferatu -- like Dracula, one of the first vamp flicks and still among the best.  Images and visuals which still impress now, almost a hundred years later, and Max Schreck is so effective as Orlok that when I saw this as a kid, I was convinced he was a real vampire (mind you this was years and years before Shadow of the Vampire made it out to be like he really was).

Nosferatu (1979) -- not as good as the original but still a dark and effective film with a memorable performance by Klaus Kinski as the vamp

The Night Flier -- it wasn't the vamp I liked about this one; rather it was the bulldog lead performance by Miguel Ferrer.  You totally believe him as a sleazy tabloid reporter for whom nothing exists but the story.  Man, what a great job he does in this flick.

Let the Right One In -- what a novel and unique approach to the vampire mythos.  Loved it.  Didn't like the US remake as much, but still found it quite enjoyable as well.

Innocent Blood -- John Landis vamp horror comedy that's just as entertaining for it's near record-breaking amount of genre familiar cameos as it is for Robert Loggia chewing up so much scenery as the villain that it's a wonder there was anything left of the sets to shoot on.  Plus pretty much every actor to have ever played a mob goon since 1983 makes an appearance (most of whom also went on to appear in The Sopranos).  Oh, and did I mention the delicious Anne "La Femme Nikita" Parrillaud as the lady vamp who only preys on bad guys?  No?  Well, I just did.  Oh, and Kim Coates (Tig from Sons of Anarchy) in a small role, too.  The story ain't the best but this is nevertheless quite the entertaining and bloody fun flick.

There are several more but I'll save them for later.  This post is long enough as it is.

Great list Lon! 

I almost forgot The Hunger...  Talk about some sexy Vampires and that final scene was scary!

^^^
Oh yeah, this one was pretty cool too.

One more I forgot, and I'm actually kicking myself in the teeth for mentioning Twilight before that. roll

Bloodrayne 1-2-3.
I'm a HUGE fan of anything Uwe Boll does. Whatever the public/critics and whoever say about hiis stuff.

Kristanna Loken is such a hottie and so is Natassia Malthe in the thitd.
Not to talk about Michelle Rodtiquez...

I also liked how she is a Damphyr [half human/halg Vamp]. And I liked the whole get the body parts of the gone Vamp too.
The most amazing thing in the first is when she's trying to get the eye in the coven. That room with the rolling thongies was amazing.

Second was cool too, western which I always liked. I'm sure I was once a Cow-Boy in a previous life.

But the third set up in Nazi era was so cool. I don't like Nazis in real life, well I don't like the ideology but like the machines they've buily in WWII and I truely LOVE Nazis in movies. Dead Snow anyone???

So yeah, love the series a lot.

V````V

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-19 19:02:59)