Topic: Evolution

OK... I made sure I put this in general!

Just for shits and giggles, what is your personal interpretation of human evolution?

I'll just give a short version of mine:

we have been here as long as in, longer than the dinosaur.
We were the little animals that scurried along the ground and lived happy even during the dinosaur rule. As long as you had a knowing mother you will survive.

Now we know supposedly the dinos got extinct from a big rock hitting our planet.
But the little creatures never did cause they could dig into the ground and shit.

OK... now lets jump years how ever many it takes for those little animals to grow bigger now, since most of the predators have bitten the dust.

OK... now that little creature kept goin and producing more little fuckin creatures.
I totally believe they are our ancestors. We have been on this planet like I said, a long time.
This is evolution (Not Darwins evolution, since I think he is so wrong, thats just his theory)

WE evolved from them during the time, we resembled different animals during our evolution but we were always human beings, even if we looked like a little moles.

As evolution crept by and as it progressed we resembled a lot of animals during, till we got to today.

We were never monkeys, we never evolved from monkeys. We just resembled them at one point in our evolution to perfection! We resembled lots of animals during our thing but were never that animal, always a separate species!

Hey this is my POV and it will be till I die!

So whats yours?

*edit

look at a baby in the womb -- it evolves. it looks like a rat at one point in its growth then maybe a dog or maybe a pig but it is always a human being. I am not a heavy educated person but.... I think I am smarter than Darwin! I'm not a big fan of those early all they were are thinkers... Hawkings is another well know thinker (who I disagree with) who I think is just a lost soul trying to make sense out of it all, he is totally wrong...

Last edited by DemonToSome (2013-01-20 20:02:38)

Re: Evolution

That would explain why we have 3 different kind of brains. We still have the reptilian one well stuck in there. But that's an interesting concept your's. Saw some stuff on TV that talked about this.

But mine is way far away from anything else.

An entity/energy/power call it whatever you want but certainly NOT god created us in their labs and sent us here giving us what was needed in the year 0. We then idiscovered fire, the wheel, metals, electricity and all that shit that we live with now. But I believe that technology is up to a point where it's gonna stop and that a new age of evolution is gonna start. We will stop being selfish violent motherfuckers and decide to help and take care of one and another.

Anyways, since the beginning of our planet, everyhing as gone to a wild change at some point and it's about this time now. The next level I think is the Space Trabel thing that is missing in our technology. And it'll come sooner than you think. Meey our creators. Fuck god, he's not the one.

Like where the H3LL is the Atlantide. Where the H3LL these old as fuck egypotian drawings of a dude on a rocket comes from??? Yup them alright...

I know it's crazy but I am too so obviously my opinion about evolution is too. lol

This may not be a proper place for this type of discussion.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-20 19:59:46)

Say what AZ? I put this under Geral//// so get a grip my munkey friend

I believe in evolution, but I think something had to cause it.  Evolution is a result, not a cause.  Like the Big Bang, something had to instigate it.  Scientists believe nothing at all existed before the Big Bang, but that is theoretically completely unsound.  An explosion requires the pre-existence of three things: combustible material, a fuse and a source of ignition.  A bomb doesn't explode unless you light the fuse, so question becomes not "what caused the Big Bang," but "who struck the match?" 

Who's to say it wasn't God?

Now, science dictates the universe if 14 billion years old.  The bible says God created the heavens and earth in six days.  But to an immortal being like God, older than the very universe itself, who's to say 14 billion years isn't just six days to him?  I'm reminded of the joke about a man who walks up to God and says "God, what's a million years to you?  God says "a second."  The man says "what's a million dollars to you?"  God says, "a penny."  Man says, "God, can I have a penny?'  God says, "Yeah, in a second." big_smile

At any rate, science fact has proven that dinosaurs existed, were wiped out by an asteroid, and were eventually replaced by man.  But who's to say God didn't use to look like a giant lizard?  And maybe He eventually evolved to look like a man Himself, and killed off those which represented his former image and replaced them with a species that looked like his new one?

See what you started here, man?  I can riff like this for fuckin' hours. lol

At any rate, yes, I believe in evolution but I don't think it was a random occurrence.  I believe something had to set that ball a-rolling, and I believe that something was God (or whatever higher being one chooses to believe in).

@ Az --- normally I'd agree but as it seems we've managed to weed out a lot of troublemakers over the last several months, I think folks can keep this conversation civil and be respectful of one another. 

Of course if they don't, I'll shut this bitch down faster than you can say "What was Lon thinking?" lol

Whats with this yr 0 shit Punk there was never a year 0
fuck thats just jesus freaks pov
this planet and mankind is far deeper than the one sided not growing minds of those peeps?

I dont want to offend anyone but shit.... jesus freaks and darwin will be the death of you non believers of us little animals who lived back in the day neutral

This is about evolution NOT religion!

Then how come we're in 2013 huh???
There must have been a 0 somewhere else we would be in year AgU∞6.9. tongue

What is that religion you speak of??? lol

You have a good point Lonny... BUT I dont get ya how God resembled a dinosaur.I know you meant that for a point....
I said this isn't about religion... it isn't! But it IS about God and his creatures he created!

Right on Lonny I'm glad this post urked ya enough to give your idea

Well, honestly, I don't think it's possible to discus evolution without religion popping up at some point, or vice versa.  So I decided to be the first, and to insert something light-hearted, rather than allow someone a bit more reactionary to jump in and stir up shit. 

The simple truth is that if this thread or any thread like it is to stay open, it will only be if members are respectful and tolerant of those whose opinions differ from their own.  Because I promise you, the second this thing turns spiteful or argumenative, not only will it be closed, it will also be deleted. 

So, carry on, folks -- respectfully. smile

I hear ya and agree... shit I meant it as for real peoples thoughts on this topic...
If I went overboard sorry, just get on with it for fuck sakes, its only a topic of how the hell we began, thats all!

DemonToSome wrote:

That's why I said it may not be the right place.  Also why I referred it up to the mods.

As for my view on evolution, I'm going with the DNA and fossil evidence, going back to Nakalipithecus  and Australopithecus, starting roughly 8-4 million years ago.

An interesting read-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evol … lopithecus

Ha! Neat idea for a thread, DTS. Although Evolution is the basic cornerstone for all Biology, there certainly is quite a lot of different takes on the theory - as there should be. Skepticism is a good thing, and there's much, much history for us to question and learn from. Thankfully we have an open form to do this with.

I do believe that before we became homo sapiens we had evolved from an ape-like ancestor. There are transitional fossils that have been found over a long period of time to support this. Evolution itself, that being change over time, is a fact. It's also a theory due to various interpretations of the actual process of our evolution throughout time.

Now, I don't necessarily believe what I'm about to purport, but I have an idea that might just rival Punk's (self-admitted) crazy hypothesis. I only explain this because I think it's entertaining and fun. Terence Mckenna, and other botanists, chemists, and philosophers (before Mckenna, I can only think of Gordon Wasson) have previously said that it is possible that magic mushrooms had aided in our evolution! See how this has the potential to get a little crazy? tongue

The idea is that while 'we' were evolving in the African grasslands, magic mushrooms became a major part of our evolutionary diet - due to them growing quite frequently out of the dung of cattle. We hominids would eat these shrooms, get stoned out of our minds, and through this process, would expand our consciousness and discover things that were previously unknown to us. For example, because psilocybin (the main ingredient in shrooms) increases visual acuity, especially the sides or edges of things (Just ask Demon, I'm sure he'll tell you tongue), caused for a perceptional change which led us (we were at the time - say 100,000 BC - the species homo erectus) to become better hunters, and better able to tell the difference between different kinds of plans, grasses, food, etc. Which of course works for a tremendous advantage for our species.

Here's where the physical change due to psilocybin mushrooms comes in. This fungi has a particular ability to put a mind's focus on the linguistic side of things, which may have caused us to start vocalizing to each other to form a communication. The vibrations from this vocalization, according to Wikipedia, has the ability to "cause precipitation of impurities within the brain to the cerebrospinal fluid, which would further mutate the brain".

Also, high doses of psilocybe cubensis (the particular magic mushroom in question) causes sexual stimulation - which would have made 'us' want to make more little hominid erectus dudes. Logicially, this serves for more offspring, and thus a larger population. Now here's my favorite part of this theory: High doses of this holy shroom is a great catalyst for mystic, visionary, religious experience. We apes got stoned off our asses and started tripping balls and saw what we thought were the creators of our world! Thus, all religion is the result of psychedelic drugs.

Truthfully, no. I do believe that this is (mostly) unlikely, but hey, does it not serve for some fascinating thought? Terence Mckenna, no matter how crazy your theories were, you're still a boss to me.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-20 20:54:46)

You complained about it? Man what wtf man are you cheezing out on me or what? You evil munky!

^^
No, I didn't complain, you swinging wookie.  I was letting the mods know in case this thread went <boom>.

^^^ Nah, it was a legitimate concern on Azzie's part.  Historically such conversations don't usually end up well here on the ol' the Wide, Wide World of Web.  But if folks just keep things respectful that won't be an issue. smile

azathoth wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

As for my view on evolution, I'm going with the DNA and fossil evidence, going back to Nakalipithecus  and Australopithecus, starting roughly 8-4 million years ago.

An interesting read-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evol … lopithecus

I (naturally) concur with this evidence. smile
Because, well, it's evidence.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-20 21:02:03)

Well ok, I like ya agin lol  but what if it goes boom/ will it take to whole internet and everything inbtween with it? tongue

Mostly likely it will take my pants, at least. sad

Good.  Az long as ya leave them at the border I'm good roll

Very interesting theory The Creature.
I wouldn't say that I agree with it totally but some parts I do. Like [of course] the sexual thing. psylocybin DEFINITELY does that. lol

Ok but science has only caught a tiny grip of this important thing in all our lives. I really dont agree with those scientists who claim to be theoritists or whatever they are... come on, its just some human giving his interpretation with the science of to day..

I use my wisdom to come to my conclusions.. I dont need some asshole scientist to tell me. I would rather hear from normal (I used normal in a selfdefence) people. We all have brains to think of it, dont need bullshit to tell ya thats how it is!

Maybe yeah but science made us who we are at some point. If it wasn't for science, I'd be dead because they wouldn't have discovered the insulin which keeps the diabetic me alive. And a lot of other stuff too, like you would even be talking here without science. Science and technology go hand in hand.

But as far as evolution goes, I just can't wait to the day that we'll be able to add mechanical stuff to or body. Problem with a lung??? Take it off and replace it with a bio-mechanical one. Leg cut off ny a crazy Leatherface dude with a chainsaw??? Bam, new one and off you go. We'll need to be able to make our brain analyse the new stuff plugged in to make it work nornally but if our brain's got a computer somewhere in it it'd be easier to make the bio and the mechanical work togheter without problems. But that's fucking far, far away in the future. GIMME CYBORGS NOW NOT IN A HUNDRED YEARS!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-20 22:50:48)

Sorry Punk but science didn't make us! We made science

If leather face could make me a honey I would pay him, but I know leatherface. She will be distorted from either his doing or his eating a piece of her beautiful face.

True but Science made us understand lotsa things about us. Too long to enumerate what but how the DNA works for example and how blood is pumped up to the veins by the heart or even how our brain switch what we see upside down 'cause we see upside down all the way. And so on...

All I meant for this post was to give indevidual ideas of evolution. Not Darwin Not Crap. Just your idea without the crap...
Oh ya sorry... I guess the crap has indelved itcrap into your minds where you can't think on your own?