Topic: The Cabin in the Woods / WARNING ,POSSIBLE SPOILER

I thought that this was an incomprehensible movie . It started off normal enough, like most horror movies do, then it just kept getting weirder and weirder until it made no sense at all . From what I understood of it some underground Gods were doing this for their amusement and then they destroyed the world because two of the characters wouldn't go along with the story , is this correct ? Who were all those people in the control room and how were they notified by the underworld God's to set this up ?

Re: The Cabin in the Woods / WARNING ,POSSIBLE SPOILER

Ancient gods demanded blood sacrifices.  This started long ago.  As technology grew, so did the way the people got sacrificed.  The gods came back because the final sacrifice, the girl, was not killed.

This is funny cause I just came online to say what the last horror flick was I saw. It was this one... I myself don't have very much love for this flick. I give it a generous 5 outta 10.

I think you have a valid question there. Yeah who the fuck were those people who were sacrificing humans to keep the demons in check?

Read this thread for more information.

it's simple. it's a daft over rated film. i agree with your rating  Demon 5 /10 and it's nowhere as clever as it thinks it is.

I understood the plot.. with other countries doing it too etc. etc. but I was just going by peter912's question about who they were and why and how like wtf kinda ? lol

Right on wolfy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks its not the horror film of horror films as some people think it is!

high fives Demon.

Gimme anything by Whedon containing a Merman with blood spraying by the breathing hole in his neck and a Unicorn and I'm sold. Not to mention cute girls and cool story. That's why it's in my top 2012 movies list.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-20 16:47:20)

Maybe its an obsession some people have with this film like the one I have with Hellraiser?!

Effin loved it wink I'm a huge Whedon Fan and Goddards buffy eps were some of my faves. I was always going to love it. Bloodbath at the end was the cherry on the icing of the cake. I thought it was easy to understand the ending though. Az basically cleared any confusion up there. You either like it or you don't nuff said smile

UltraViolence wrote:

Az basically cleared any confusion up there. You either like it or you don't nuff said smile

Thats not true with me. It wasn't a love it or hate film.... I just found it basically average, nothing more, nothing less!

I just mean in regards to the use of the word "overrated". No it isn't love hate. I loved it though.

DemonToSome wrote:

Maybe its an obsession some people have with this film like the one I have with Hellraiser?!

Nope, not really an obsession but like UltraViolence said, you love it or not. I loved it. WAY MUCH MORE than Hellraiser and I'm a HUGE Cenoites fan man. So there. tongue

That is just sacrilegious punk... haha Hellraiser (I mean the first origal fuck one) is the real deal!
I never said I loved or hated it this cabin one

Cenobites rule!

^^^
Damn yes they do. I wanna find one of these cubes to bring 'em here to party with me. That'd ROCK!!! lol

I have one that I used ONCE but they never got it back.... you can have it for the right price!?

I wished that the Cenobite in Cabin got some more screen time.  I really liked Cabin, but the replay value is a bit limited.  A lot of the fun was seeing how things played out the first time.  And actually, I'm more of a Hellbound fan.

^^^ Same here, in that I liked Hellbound better than the first Hellraiser.  Not that I disliked the first -- I dig it just fine -- I just prefer the second one.

As for Cabin, I've yet to pause my screen on the underground cubes thing, but after someone recently mentioned having spotted a Patrick Bateman-type character in there, I'm really tempted.

azathoth wrote:

I wished that the Cenobite in Cabin got some more screen time.  I really liked Cabin, but the replay value is a bit limited.  A lot of the fun was seeing how things played out the first time.  And actually, I'm more of a Hellbound fan.

BUT that wasn't a lament configuration. That wasn't a cenobite/// I saw him and thought that but... I deeply thought about it and nah he wasn't a cenobite

I think that was intended to be a knowing wink to the cenobites, but nothing more.  Lots of monsters and horror films were visually referenced in Cabin's finale.  Even the little girl with a mouth for a face was taken straight out of House on Haunted Hill '99.  Plus as someone else mentioned there was a Patrick Batemen look-alike in there somewhere. 

But that's all it was; Joss Whedon and Dru Goddard alluding to previous horror films while simultaneously skewering horror film tropes in general.

List of monsters in Cabin-
http://thecabininthewoods.wikia.com/wiki/Monsters

Blu-ray has some extras with more monsters that weren't seen in the film-
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/59764/ … abin-woods

I just like the URL of this site-
http://fuckyeahthecabininthewoods.tumblr.com/

dingle dangle as my nuts bang together with regret of this... I saw those movie refences but I seen many lament configs and none looked like that...

^^
Probably would get sued if they used the actual Lament.

Excuses ha ... well maybe.... I need to rewatch this flick maybe 4 times. Like I said I dont hate it, its watchable, maybe I might like it more, the more I see it, I dont know!

I loved the movie. Not the be all end all of horror flicks. But a good horror comedy, probably the best since the 80's. It's also not really hard to follow the plot, it's pretty well laid out for you. If you found this movie weird, you obviously haven't watched enough horror movies.