Topic: Planet Terror deserves a sequel not Machete

Exactly as i said it. Planet Terror was way more fun than Machete and therefore if Rodriguez wants a sequel to one of his grindhouse films it should be Planet Terror. Cherry is such a more interesting character. What do u guys think. Would u welcome a sequel to Planet Terror.

Re: Planet Terror deserves a sequel not Machete

I loved Planet Terror so I'd definitely be up for a sequel.  But I loved Machete, as well, and am very much looking forward to Machete Kills.

A sequel to Planet Terror would be cool but don't forget tho, it's actually Grindhouse. So a sequel to Grindhouse would be awesome but it will have to have a sequel to Death Proof!

^^^ If they were to make a sequel to Grindhouse, I would want it to be the full feature-length versions of the "Don't!" and "Werewolf Women of the SS" trailers.  I would kill for a double feature like that.

I could go for that, it works for me!

I think they both deserve a sequel, but I'd rather have a planet terror sequel.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ If they were to make a sequel to Grindhouse, I would want it to be the full feature-length versions of the "Don't!" and "Werewolf Women of the SS" trailers.  I would kill for a double feature like that.

Amen!

I dig Machete and am glad to see they made a sequel. As for the two films. I think they both deserved a sequel. If I could just pick one? PT.

^
I felt distinctly disappointed with Machete. The most exciting sequence was within the first 10 minutes. For the rest of the film i was only impressed with certain parts but not enough to keep me sufficiently engaged.
The ending was was a massive anti-climax, and Seagel's death lame and predictable. Listen up Rodgriguez i dont wanna a political message attitude when viewing a Grindhouse film, i just wanna have fun and that's what Planet Terror was, fun all the way through. Thats why i wanna sequel to PT not Machete. One of the reasons why Planet Terror works, and to a even greater extent Hobo is the absence of recognized/mainstream stars. Including them in Machte e.g Niro, Seagel, Alba made it appear almost too glossy for a Grindhouse flick. If Lady GaGa is in the sequel then its even worse. She's a massive mainstream artist who makes sht derivative pop. For that reason alone im very turned off by Machetes sequel.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-06 12:16:41)

Machete was fun. Not great, but fun. When I heard about Gaga being in it, I just went, "Pfft... media attention casting. Screw you Robert." Then I heard about Vanessa Hudgens joining the cast, and went, "YAY, thank you Robert!"

Worst part about Machete was Jessica Alba. Okay, she's hot, but that is ALL. She can't act her way out of a wet paper bag. Biggest joke, was she was supposed to be playing twins, but was SO horrible at it, Robert had to recut the flick, and make her characters into one. Girl is a train wreck.

That said, Machete Kills should be a fun flick, and yes, PT should also have a sequel. I guess that will come after Sin City 2 & 3 and the Spy Kids re-boot.

I was disappointed with Machate, so I would much rather see a Plante Terror sequel.

I loved Machete...one of the most entertaining movies in a while.  So bad it's good...I know it was intended to be that way...but it was well crafted in it's intention.  I hope Machete kills will be evenr grainier and with more jump cuts and editing flubs. 

Planet Terror worked for me and saved my night at the Grindhouse outshining Death Proof.  To me though, it still felt like an incomplete film.  Lacking something.  I'd be up for a revisit but not as much as Machete at the moment.

AMBER Freaking HEARD's in Machete Kills. Enough said.

i thought both Planet Terror and Machete Were good and even though i enjoyed Planet Terror more, Machete is the one that in my opinion fits in with a sequel. As a lot of older posters on this forum know i hated " Death Proof" so my answer to a sequel to that would be a hearty " BOLLOCKS"! smile

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-12-02 05:03:52)

^^^ YEAH!  Wolfie gave us a bollocks!

I agree, I liked both but I don't see the point in a sequel to Planet Terror because they killed the hero off.  Besides, the movie had a clear ending.  No need to beat that dead horse deader.

I remember I had a terrific gf who was great at grindhousin me in the park. She was better outside grindinghouse than inside for some psychedelic reason. She was just like me exactly as if we were split somewhere before becoming! I miss you my Michelle my grinder and partner in boomers

While I liked planet terror for it's fun, I loved Machete and I am looking forward to Machete Kills. Like Lon said, PT has a clear ending so it would be silly to make a sequel anyway.  But then again I loved Death Proof and hated Inglorious so maybe my opinions are pretty skewed anyway!

I think it's subjective. You like one thing, others like another some like both!

Opinions may vary.

And I'm with Punk here. My major girl crush on Amber Heard empowers me to say hell freaking yes to it!

The best Thing on MACHETE was, without ANY doubt: Steven Segal.

That 70ies Feeling also was cool, and the Story neja.

So, PT was a great Movie. It was a Zombie Story you heard 100 Times, but that whole Story around it, was great.

Planet terror was a good movie but I dont think it needs a sequal. It had a good enough ending. Machete seams like one of those movies that couod be a franchise even dough I hope it doesn't become that. Truth be told I rather have a pretators sequal.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-04-24 03:18:34)

Planet Terror for sure. Machete was decent though. But if I have to sit through a sequel to Death Proof to get to the sequel of Planet Terror, let's just forget the whole thing...
smile

Haven't seen Machete yet, but I liked Planet Terror.  Was also cool to see a few of the LOST cast in it.

^^^
Wait no more, DO IT you won't regret it. big_smile

Soon it's coming, less and less time is between us now.
And aside Amber freaking hot as mad Heard, there's a whole bunch of cute ladies in this. Not to mention film debuts of Lady Gaga, Michelle and Jessica are back and Alexa Vega [that grew some awesome boobs, the flat girlie of Spy Kids is far behind], HorrorQueen's wife, the lovely Sofia Vegara with boobs armor with guns, Mad Max Gibson and Cuba Gooding boy man and OH DAMN YEAH MY SWEET BABY VANESSA HUDGENS!!! so yes. Can't wait.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-03 22:25:33)

i loved Machete
sex, ott cartoon violence with one scene copying Itchy and Scratcy

glad the crap scrathes went after the opening credits as i'm not a fan of the 'Grindhouse look'

Planet Terror - imo Rodriguez ober did it with the look

Machete Kills is bloody awful, it's embarrasingly bad in fact. Not quite as laughable as Bullet, Trejo's latest 'action' film but it's appalling drivel any way you view it.

I'd welcome a Planet Terror 2 though...

Fulcento wrote:

Machete Kills is bloody awful, it's embarrasingly bad in fact. Not quite as laughable as Bullet, Trejo's latest 'action' film but it's appalling drivel any way you view it.

I'd welcome a Planet Terror 2 though...

Lol. Even though when I started the post I would have wanted a sequel to Planet terror and hated the idea of a sequel to Machete Kills..

I BLOODY LOVED Machete Kills. It was everything the first film should have been - FUN!