Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Tall Man (2012)
Wow. I was not expecting that in any way, shape or form. I really really liked it. Not horror though really

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Rosewood Lane     it made zero sense to me

I actually liked this quite a bit until the stupid ending

Theli wrote:
HypnoticDead89 wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I enjoyed it.

I love this movie. Very beautiful film bar the stoned surfer trying to conjure up an English accent, but that doesn't ruin the movie for me. (braces for s***storm) I prefer this over the Lugosi version by a million miles. Same thing with Horror of Dracula. I liked '31 Dracula, but it didn't stay with me like Frankenstein, Invisible Man, or The Wolf Man. In a way, I felt empty when it ended like "really? that's it?". I kind of don't want to revisit the '31 Dracula again.

Check out the spanish version of the '31 Dracula. It's a completely separate version using the same sets as the english one but filmed during the nights while the english one was filmed during the day. In my opinion it's better in almost every way, perhaps aside from Lugosi as Dracula himself.

I DL the Universal Studios movie collection cause there were some I haven't seen.
I agree with Theli. I enjoyed the '31 Dracula. But Frankenstein was more memorable. hmm I'm sorry to say.

Fatal Frames (1996), the infamously vapid, over-long, stupifyingly self-indulgent giallo ultima by Italian music video director Al Festa.  This was about my eighth time seeing it and its mind-numbing ineptness never ceases to entertain.  With appearances by such genre luminaries as Donald Pleasence, David Warbeck, Angus Scrimm and Linnea Quigley, and FX by Steve Johnson, what should have been the giallo to end all gialli is instead a hackneyed, over-ripe mess.   

But of all the bad points -- and brother, are there plenty -- the worst has to be Festa's tragic mistake of casting his girlfriend, Italian "diva" Stefania Stella as the female lead.  Stella, with her face like a deep sea angler, a body sculpted from cottage cheese and a voice like a seventy-year-old chain smoker, slinks and struts across the screen with all the grace of a wounded marmotte and the charisma of a plank of wood. 

A severe misfire in every way, but damn if it ain't fun to watch.  Seriously, this is a bomb of Showgirls-like proportion, but at least Showgirls had women you actually wanted to see naked.  Connoisseurs of bad movies will love it.

Movie: 3/10
Entertainment value: off the charts

House On Sorority Row

The Thing from Another World

Silent Hill: Revelation (2012) - WTF!?!? Six years, I waited for this? Terrible cgi, mostly rehashed monsters from the first film and the ones that were new looked like something out of Beetlejuice. Characters inserted into the script just to be killed off within minutes. Dissapointed is not the word to describe how I felt about this. sad

4/10

The Most Dangerous Game (1932) - 9/10

Wow. Now this movie was badass. Instantly one of my new favorite films of the 1930's. I wouldn't categorize it as strictly horror or anything, but it definitely has some pretty frightening elements to it. A solid adventure/thriller/horror classic with a great cast.
Also, I think Fay Wray is one hot lady. big_smile

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-22 23:33:15)

I dig this kick you're on lately, Creech, checking out old 30s flicks.  If you're willing to go back just a few years earlier, give The Cat and the Canary a try. smile

Me and HQ watched Tenebre and I must say, still awesome after watching it 30+ times.

Only 30+ times?  You guys are slacking.  I've seen it over 50.

Mind you that's not a brag, but an indication that I really need to get a fuckin' life. lol

Sad part is i'm younger than you and i've seen each argento flick that many times lol

LoudLon wrote:

I dig this kick you're on lately, Creech, checking out old 30s flicks.  If you're willing to go back just a few years earlier, give The Cat and the Canary a try. smile

It wasn't bad, but it's a bit silly too. Intentionally so though. If you're willing to check out the silent classics I recommend the Man Who Laughs, the Phantom of the Opera and The Hunchback of Notredame.

Theli wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

It wasn't bad, but it's a bit silly too. Intentionally so though. If you're willing to check out the silent classics I recommend the Man Who Laughs, the Phantom of the Opera and The Hunchback of Notredame.

The only really silly thing I found in The Most Dangerous Game was the opening scene in which one of the crew members of the ship was hanging onto a door in the water, and a shark comes up and grabs him by the legs. His response? "Oh, it's got me!" Then down into the deep blue sea he goes. lol

Man Who Laughs & The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Duly noted.
I haven't seen a lot of silent movies, but The Phantom of the Opera was fantastic. Lon Chaney Sr. - you go girl.

@LoudLon - Thanks, man. I will give this Cat and Canary you speak of a look. smile

LoudLon wrote:

Only 30+ times?  You guys are slacking.  I've seen it over 50.

Mind you that's not a brag, but an indication that I really need to get fuckin' laid, lol

They're slackin'?  I'm in the 10-15 range for each of his films.  But then I'm also wasting my time by watching things like Windigo and Berberian Sound Studio.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-23 01:37:55)

I don't know what's more odd about that; you watching stuff like Windigo or the fact that you've changed the last word in my quote. lol

Heh heh.  big_smile

Welcome Ban! Hey if you liked High Tension check out some of the other

Ok, if Cronenber and Raimi had a baby this might be it! I've been dying to see this, pun intended, and let me say it's one fun ride! This will be one you'll either love or hate but I liked it! I wouldn't rave over it but it's got one crazy story!

Which reminds me, at the end I kept thinking it reminded me a bit of another film and couldnt put my finger on it until I thought of Buckaroo Bonzai. I vaguelly recall that flick but it seemed to kind of have the same wacky, bizarre, adventure flavor. Am I wrong? I should watch that I guess.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U44uNEAHwVU

Bloody Murder

The last horror movie I seen was Grave encounters 2 which I loved because I love old haunted asylums but the ending was the worst I had seen. So unrealistic which didn't match the rest of the film.

The Initiation (1984)

And my slasher movie spree continues. I liked this one, it was a solid movie. Enjoyed the dream aspect to it and the dream monitoring stuff (always been interested in that). There are scenes in a mall, after closing hours, and I think it makes for a great setting.

Though it suffers from the common slasher trope where the movie just suddenly ends - no resolution, no aftermath, just cut to credits. Always annoys me.

But still, it gets a 7/10

edit: by the way, this one is available as a single video on youtube, good quality. Dunno if that's against the rules to post, but it is youtube.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-01-24 08:21:29)

The Night Flier (1997). One of the best Stephen King adaptions I have seen by a LONG way. 9/10

Prom Night (1980)

I thought this was my first watch, as I sat to watch, I don't if the trailer that showed most of the movie or not, I Felt that already seen this movie before.

So that makes think, if I have already seem this movie before, Why did I forget that I have seen this movie?

So I gave it other watch, I liked how the movie started of the prank going wrong, it was bit silly now and it dose look a out dated now.

I found the whole movie very boring and those scenes drag way to long and all the actors were way to old for playing teens as then looks early 30's

I didn't like any of the death scene in this movie, they were not gory or that good, I didn't find the killer scary or creepy at all, I knew who the killer was from the start , very predicable

Good acting for really dull slasher movie

I going to give 4 out of 10

Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987)
This as got nothing  to do with the first movie as that good think as I thought the first movie was really poor with some decent actors.

This movie is about Mary Lou is ends get killed in fire as she became queen prime.

30 years Have People who saw Mary lou died . will repay with their lives .

Vicki who going on with Son of the principle who was one set fire to Mary Lou.

Vicki soon start act stranger then normal and people notice and soon we know that Mary Lou as possessed her.

I love this movie as I love the start of the movie ,I found first ten minutes of this movie better then the whole of the first movie.

This movie we have actors who playing there own age and love of of the weird scenes in this movie.

I love hoarse scene was very cheesy and I lot more fun then first movie and love the ending of the movie.

The ending was perfect, it fitted really well with rest of the movie

7 out of 10

Watching number 3 now!

Last edited by BASSI (2013-01-24 14:49:25)

Hell (2011) - A well done German post apocalyptic thriller.  4/5.

Death Valley (1982) - A nice little early 80's slasher with a young Stephen McHattie.  3/5.

watched, the lair of the white worm.based on a bram stoker novel,directed by ken russell.good movie,recommended.