Re: Vampire Lovers Raise Your Hands

The original Fright Night, Lost Boys, Near Dark. That's the holy three for me. Bram Stokers Dracula is an incredibly trippy movie as well. Don't get as much respect as it should.

I got tired of all the Twilight crap so I made a vampire movie all my own. For the uninitiated it's called The New Girls, out now on DVD and VOD.

Watch the trailer...you might be surprised-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmRSsbV2j8

Good call on the original Fright Night.  That one slipped my mind, which is odd, because I've always considered it one of the best big-budget, mainstream horror flicks of the 80s.

Man Sonny boy this is just great. And what a hottie. Woooo!!!
Will definitely grab it. Digging the cinematography.
Very well done IMO.
Keep it up dude, it Rocks!!! smile

My fav vampire flicks are mostly off the beaten path as in:
Andy Warhol's Dracula
From Dusk Till Dawn
Lesbian Vampire Killers
The Fearless Vampire Killers
Near Dark (this one might not be too far off the path)

^^^
Lesbian Vampire Killers is one I truely enhoyed VERY VERY VERY VERY, and so on, MUCH!!!
Can you guess why??? lol

Haven't seen Near Dark yet but I'll watch it these days.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Lesbian Vampire Killers is one I truely enhoyed VERY VERY VERY VERY, and so on, MUCH!!!
Can you guess why??? lol

UMMMM ahhhh well lets see... YEAH I can guess and I'm sure me is right tongue prob the same reason as me!!!

As you don't dare say it, I WILL!!!
Hot babes and BOOBIES!!! lol

I let you have the total respect of saying "Hot babes and BOOBIES"

I didn't wanna take that away from you buddy lol

Oh, I thought it was for it's keen political insights on international trade relations.

It's one of the rules on Skype-  "Not a horror movie until there are keen political insights on international trade relations."  No that's not right...
Oh yeah, it's "Not a horror movie until there are boobies."  Sorry about that.

* raises hand * Of course I dig the flippin' vampires.

My top ten (in basic order):
Horror Of Dracula
Nosferatu (original, silent)
Fright Night
The Lost Boys
Dracula (1931)
From Dusk Till Dawn
Near Dark
JC's Vampires
Let The Right One In
Vamp

Also, I have to give a mention to my all-time favorite vampiric guilty pleasure...DRACULA A.D. 1972. big_smile

Christopher Lee is the best Dracula. Although Max Schreck probably scares me more.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-20 21:36:28)

I dig vampires. It's only recently with the over the top vampire craze, thanks to Twilight, that I've kinda shied away from the specific monster of horror tales. I've never really been into the extremely romanticized vampires, Near Dark and Interview with a Vampire didn't do much for me. But I love pretty much every iteration of the Dracula mythos, from Nosferatu to Bram Stoker's Dracula. 30 Days of Night was a pretty cool interpretation of vampires too.

Last edited by Theli (2013-01-20 22:19:40)

Thank you DemonToFlyingBubbles. Appreciated. smile

The 30 Days Of Night Vamps are the meanest looking one ever made yet. Their teeth are just WILD. And also the way they kill is far more frutal than anything else I'be seen...

no probs man lets rock this house to the ground with wisdom and some insanity! lol

Insanity for president!!! lol

Sounds good to me.... but you need those peeps below us in the land of "kill mutate, destroy, and all the other stuff that floats in their dreams"

I'll call my friends the other Vamps in my clan. They'll take care of that.

V````V

awesome.... ya made my day

I'm pretty big on Vampire films but definitely have a lot of learning to do as far as the older ones. My favorites are Lost Boys - Pretty obvious stuff here but this is top 5 horror movie of the 80s and pretty much everyone's favorite.  Corey Haim and Feldman are just hilarious and both in their prime in this.  Patric, gertz, keifer and his cornies.  The music is out of this world atmospheric.

DirtyGirl wrote:

I am old school too...

Hammer Draculas starring Lee are my favs followed by Bela Lugosi in Universal's Dracula.  Not to mention Nosferatu, the original and Herzog's remake, Dracula (79) and Jess Franco's Count Dracula.   As for the newer ones...  Interview With a Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Near Dark, Lost Boys, and Let The Right One In.   

I have become addicted to Vampire Diaries lately and True Blood is good too.

Don't forget Salems Lot my personal fave!

^^^
Oh yeah, Salem's Lot is definitely amazing.

Oh and for you all Vamps, don't know if you're aware of that site but I find it pretty cool.

http://vampirefreaks.com/

Aside from all of the really good ones mentioned, I actually enjoy Daybreakers quite a lot. It's no masterpiece, but it's entertaining.

Not sure what's my fav, haven't seen nearly enough vamp flicks. Probably Fright Night or Salem's Lot.

DirtyGirl wrote:

I am old school too...

Hammer Draculas starring Lee are my favs followed by Bela Lugosi in Universal's Dracula.  Not to mention Nosferatu, the original and Herzog's remake, Dracula (79) and Jess Franco's Count Dracula.   As for the newer ones...  Interview With a Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Near Dark, Lost Boys, and Let The Right One In.   

I have become addicted to Vampire Diaries lately and True Blood is good too.

WOO!!! VAMPIRE DIARIES!!

Chomper, I enjoyed Daybreakers too, liked the whole idea. And there was great scenes too. And Dafoe and Hawke are great actors.

See, I never gave Daybreakers a chance.  Just looked so stupid.  But with you guys enjoying it, I'll def. give it a chance.

http://www.famousquotesabout.com/quoteImage/611727/How-many-people-here.jpg lol