Topic: The Torment of Laurie Ann Cullom

A friend of mine is making a new horror film that looks pretty epic, here's the plot:

Set in 1988 long before cell phones and the internet were common household items.Laurie Ann Cullom who suffers from agoraphobia after being brutally attacked in a mall parking lot is now housebound.Her fear of the outside world is nothing compared to what she soon finds inside her own house.

Last edited by Gardenofstone10 (2013-01-23 22:39:37)

Re: The Torment of Laurie Ann Cullom

^^
Heh heh, I saw "A friend of mine is making a new horror film..." and the fingers were about to start a typing.  Then I saw it was you.

Trailer looks neat.  Nice perks they have going for the donations.  Good luck to them.

I think it's a cool idea.  I've noticed a lot of people using that site to generate money for their movies and some of them have gone all the way to major distributors.  I figure this one being horror might as well do what I can.  Ace will agree, just one more person knowing about a movie from word of mouth goes a LONG way.  Thanks for putting eyes on it Azzy.

^^
Reported.
Not you Garden. lol

Last edited by hellrat (2013-01-21 22:13:24)

I gave the guy a "Friend's Exception."  (That's not an official thing; mods can still whack it.)

Just spreading the word of up and coming horror.

Nah, I don't have a problem with this one.  If it was a one-hitter driving by to pimp his shit, that'd be one thing.  But this is just an established HM regular giving us a heads up about a project he thinks his fellow members may be interested in. 

It's all good, far as I'm concerned. smile

Thanks Lon, yeah I definitely don't care if anyone donates or not, just the only link to the video so I just wanted to make sure people knew I'm not pimping anything or aasking for anything, just heads up on indie horror smile

I edited to remove the link to this because the guy sounded cool and the movie looks good but he sends 10 tweets a minute to random people BEGGING to have them donate to this andit's to the point where it's almost spam.  I'll keep an eye out for the movie if it ever gets released but this guy is f'n annoying.

Update: as I updated thsi thread, I went to go see his twitter to report him for spamming people (it was bad) and he was already suspended.

Last edited by Gardenofstone10 (2013-01-23 22:44:35)

Huh, that's the first Twitter spam suspension I've seen, though I'm not much of Tweet-head.  So he was being a Tweeter Twit/Twat/Twoll, eh?  big_smile

Suspensions on Twitter are very common.  They're 9 times out of 10 either for someone mentioning someone they don't follow too many times and that person reports them, or sending the same link to someone over and over again, which this guy was guilty of.  He created a second account and is doing the same thing.  It's sad when people have to beg like that because horror movies can be created on a small budget.  Having high budget expectations for your FIRST movie is stupid.