It's about 6 inches now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/thatswhatshesaid.gif

Re: HEAVY SNOW on Friday for UK!

^^
Boom goes the dynamite!

For an explanation to Lon (warning, much awkwardness ensues):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no
("Boom" occurs at 2:20)

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-20 21:04:38)

Ha!  "Worst sports guy in the history of the world."  No shit, man, thirty seconds into it I was actually feeling horrible for the poor guy.  He was trying so hard, he just wasn't getting it. lol

He looks like he's 15 or so.  Talk about being tossed to the wolves!

I wish my tongue was 6 inches,,, than ya can toss me to wolves

Holy crap, it's -23°C right now and we had like freking 300 cms of snow last night. Does winter think it can kill me with all this??? No way, even the Grim Reaper couldn't manage towin. So stop trying with all that stuff.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-21 08:12:27)

It's almost -20celsius here in Detroit  with the wind chill probably colder.  My wife's hair FROZE when she went outside with my dog.

A mere 20F (-7C) in Philly.  No snow until Thursday or so.

Urgh, someone get me out of here, it's THAT cold again and with the wind, we're supposed to get near -40°C. What??? yeah, I said THAT cold. Argh, good thing I'm actually living in H3LL which is nice and warm... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-22 06:35:26)

A "snow bomb" could deilver four inches of snow in just a few hours overnight - causing more chaos in the south.
South and east Wales, southern England and the Midlands will see the worst of the flurries, which will fall on top of snow still frozen after several days of cold weather.
The weather front was dubbed a "snow bomb" by forecasters - as it will dump a large amount of snow in a short time, threatening immediate travel chaos.
Temperatures dropped to as low as minus 12.2C last night in eastern and southern parts of England, according to the Met Office, which still has an amber weather warning in place for England.
Almost 40 flights have been cancelled at Heathrow today, the airport said.

The heavy snow and frost have so far claimed the lives of seven people, including a postman who, Royal Mail confirmed last night, died while doing his rounds during the weekend’s freezing temperatures on Exmoor in Somerset.
Julian Mayes, senior forecaster with MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said the Rhondda Valley in South Wales has seen 4in of fresh snow already today.
“What is developing is rain along the south coast and South Wales,” he said.
“This will push north into much of central England and Wales tonight. As it does so it will turn to snow. South east Wales may see 5cm-10cm (2in-4in).
“It will persist through much of tomorrow, including along the M4 corridor as far east as Berkshire.

London will see “very little” fresh snow, he added.
Cambridge was the coldest place in the UK last night, reaching minus 12.2C according to Met Office figures.
It was followed by Andrewsfield in Essex (minus 11.1C/12F), Cavendish in Suffolk (minus 10.6C/12.9F), Rothamstead in Hertfordshire (minus 10.4C/13.2F) and Marham in Norfolk (minus 10.3C/13.4F).
The warmest place yesterday was St Mary’s in the Isles of Scilly, which reached 4.7C (40.4F).
Wales, the South West and the West Midlands bore the brunt of the weather overnight.
Several hundred Welsh schools were closed as snow continued to disrupt work and travel across the country.

Large pockets of Cornwall experienced their first snow-based disruption of 2013 today, as many awoke to a thin layer, which closed several schools in remote rural areas.
Icy conditions forced the temporary closure of the northbound A38(M) Aston Expressway, which links Birmingham city centre with the M6, during this morning’s rush-hour.
More than 100 schools were closed in Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Staffordshire.
Tributes were paid today to postman John Bircham, who collapsed as he approached the end of his deliveries in and around the Somerset down of Dulverton on Saturday.
He had been a postman since the late 1980s, Royal Mail confirmed last night.
It is understood that the 57-year-old father of two was towed out of a snowdrift by a farmer before collapsing soon afterwards.

You know, snow wouldn't be so bad if we ever actually had a snow day. We had a blizzard and lower than -30C temperatures for the last week, and I've had to freakin' work every day anyway.

^^^
Yeah, same here, today was -24°C and with the wind, they recorded -41°C. Freaking icy freezing temperatures and it'll be like that all week, gonna get higher in the week-end only. Argh.

And yeah, snow would made the temperarures warmer.

No snow yet but apparently last night we got down to 8° (Farenheit, that is).  Cold enough to freeze up my water lines, which I didn't realize until this morning when I went to brush my teeth.  Luckily I buy spring water so I was able to rinse. lol

i now have another reason why to hate the damn snow and ice. left for work on Tuesday morning and walking to bus stop. got halfway across the road and remember thinking" must be careful it's slippery as hell out here". walked a little further then vaguely remember a man in a black wooly hat standing over me saying " you don't look too good". then next thing awoke with a start and am on my sofa at home and i said " how the hell did i get here" head hurt like hell, and right arm, wrist and thumb. wife said i had been rambling for half an hour and i had a graze on back of my head. i knew who i was and knew Jackie but did not know or remember how the hell i got home. down to a& e and  x rays on head, arm and back. nothing broken but bad blow to head. felt bad for 48 hours and have most of it asleep to be honest. don't feel great still but at least feel close to normal. " ouch"may have an early night and try for work again tomorrow but with better shoes.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-01-24 09:27:05)

^^
Take care of yourself, buddy.

My water lines finally unthawed around 5 or so this morning.  Finally, I can flush the toilet again. lol

Argh, sucks big time. At least you're still in one piece. And yeah, like azathoth says take care man.

-24°C actual, -38 with wind they say on TV. I'll stay trapped in my dark cave for damn sure.

It's been single digits/negative here (in Fahrenheit of course, that would make it close to -20 celsius) and last night we got a dusting of snow but it was so cold that it is like a sheet of ice.  I'd almost rather we got an inch or two of snow because snow is easier to drive on that ice, obviously.  I worry about my wife going to and from work (I can handle any weather)

We had some more light dusting of snow this morning

London came to stand still again with bit of dusting of snow

You think you see a lot snow this year,  THING AGAIN!
They you won't Believe

North Japan had this (They seem to be coping just fine)
Two weeks ago! :0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiL6kBCtUrs

They must laughing their head off at UK!

the u k can't handle anything!

More heavy snow fell of night, we got 5cm out side at moment and still and there still more to come for today and tomorrow.

It's going to very cold and snowy day today!

They have already closed more than 150 School in the west Midlands alone!

Come live in Canada big_smile

My college is closed today as is Dan's work!

I've gotten a total of about 3 inches of snow all year.  20 miles east, west, north, or south of me has gotten 2 to 3 feet or more.  I live in the dead zone.