Re: Totally random

@Gardenofstone - Yeah, Mars Volta split up due to the guitarist Omar (who created the band, with the singer Cedric) who wanted to focus on a project on his own. And since both Omar and Cedric formed At the Drive-In too, it's only logical that they will go back on hiatus again.

I don't know, I haven't got high hopes.

yeah At The Drive in I heard one morning I think I was in high school their one armed scissor song was on the radio and i fell in love, I must have been 14 or 15 so this was 2000/2001ish.  Then I hadn't heard from them but I think they were at Lollapalooza last year (my sister went) and I thought it was a one shot deal

Yeah, At the Drive-In are an amazing band. They broke up in 2000-ish, could of been 2001. But after all that time, they got back together last year. And they are really awesome, most projects with Cedric and Omar are great anyway. But yeah, since Omar is gone now and the two have fallen out (supposedly), I can't see Cedric going ahead without him.

Me and my friend are arguing about zombies. There's just no winning on this subject with anyone.

^^
What's the argument?

She is saying, that since a zombies brain starts to work again when they formed/rise/whatever term you want to use, that they would be able to (if given enough time), become 'near human' again. Like, full on talk to others, actually use their brain like we can.

Of course this is all just opinion, but I can't agree with her at all.

Nope- only the brain stem (the very basics of movement and such) is active.  I'm going to guess she's seen Land of the Dead and/or a few other odd ones (Zombi 3) that have zombies learning things?  Or maybe she's confusing Infected with Zombies.  Or that new zombie movies keep adding new stuff all the time.

If you want a thesis on the matter, send Lon a PM.  He'll break down zombies for you like a chicken getting ready to be fried.

^ Yeah, that's what I thought myself.

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/75006_10151419744057604_483869627_n.jpg

Any golfers here?

If so, watch this 17 month old kick your ass at golf (YT link).  Also, he's very cute while doing it!   big_smile

Joss Whedon isn't the best person in cinema of all time. He wrote Alien: Resurrection, get a hold of yourself.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2013-01-24 18:23:37)

^^
Umm, wha?  Confusion.

It wasn't directed at anyone lol

Just in general to people who think he is the best person ever because he directed the Avengers.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO1sKNx7rAao5DFgK3TqagDHB50cBRxUa-eLqvQDdf63qGAl4gmPi3myeq

Now you've lost me Az.

Home from work. Gonna take a bath to warm up.
Then try and watch something WITHOUT falling asleep. Can't make any promises though tongue

azathoth wrote:

He'll break down zombies for you like a chicken getting ready to be fried.

Fried Zombies instead of chicken would be a blast. Wonder what it'd taste like though. Humans taste good but I guess rotten ones wouldn't taste so fresh. I'll wait for some to come in my cave to try. Anyways, with the freezing cold we're having they must all be icy so. Ah well true, frying them would fix that, true.

WHAT AN INSANELY WAY TOO COOL FILM THAT JAPAN THING WAS.
Oh so damn incredible. Was called Japan Festivities and yeah, first part was just that. Parties. WOWOWOWOWNESS!!!

Second part was more about the fishing industries, the food, the Geishas, Hiroshima and a beautiful island devoted to art. Woah, I was breathless the whole 3 hours. And the guy and girl that have done it were great, talked with them like 1/2 an hour after the presentation and it was very nice.

Yeah I love this country even more after seeing that.
And right after this, I get on my news feed on Facebook and the first ad on top is Beautiful Japanese Girls. Like Facebook reads my mind. Weird. But I clicked Like right away. Of course. lol

My favorite letter is X. So this photo I can't help but finding it MARVELLOUS. smile

http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/upload/123356477263673366_LLI5n6Kf_c.jpg

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Joss Whedon isn't the best person in cinema of all time. He wrote Alien: Resurrection, get a hold of yourself.

Which is my second favorite of all the Aliens.

And he wrote Buffy, Firefly/Serenity and countless other stuff. Not the top ones list but right under. For my personal opinion, yeah.

MoonRaven wrote:

Home from work. Gonna take a bath to warm up.
Then try and watch something WITHOUT falling asleep. Can't make any promises though tongue

I'll pinch you if you do. lol

azathoth wrote:

Any golfers here?

If so, watch this 17 month old kick your ass at golf (YT link).  Also, he's very cute while doing it!   big_smile

I don't but my mom does. Sent her the link, he's way to rad. smile
Thnks for this entertainment my monkey friend.

NEVER as entertaining as the Japan movie I saw though.
Nothing for the next year will be.

Aside Evil Dead of course. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-25 01:08:21)

I'm still up. Watched 2 episodes of Supernatural. Yay me

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Now you've lost me Az.

Out of Left Field- To suddenly change or bring up a new topic

Example- In a discussion of Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan, someone comments on this year's dress designs.  (By the way, anyone else read about how UW went completely nuts after wrestling?)

^^^
Oh one thing more added to my learned list.
Left field. I like left.

But no, about UW, didn't know. Well he was a;ready pretty insane anyways in the ring, so it won't make much difference for him I guess. lol

Yay you indeed MoonRaven!!!
Supernatural is so great.

Well as I'm TOTALLY Japanesated now, I'll watch the amazing Memoirs Of A Gheisha right now. To get even more Japanorized.
What an awesome movie it is.

If they'd ask me again when I was a kid who do you wanna be when you grow up, I'd answer me and not Albator like I was answering then. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-25 03:59:52)

Guys I was in a Skype chat with everyone earlier and I randomly decided to take a nap, by the time I actually fell asleep it was like 8 oclock and I just woke up an hour or so ago.  Sorry smile

@Punk-
And Japan has snow monkeys!  big_smile

As for Warrior, he is one of his comics (?).  He also became a conservative speaker on the lecture circuit.

I tried the first issue of UW's comic back in the 90s.  Awful.  Used to love the guy in high school, back when I was into the WWF, but talk about left field...that dude took a hard left turn directly into it.  Backlashed against readers who didnt like his comic, had a lot of crazy stuff to say about politics...dude's a space cadet.