Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Once Upon A Time in the West (yes I'm on a Leone kick )

Watched Dead Man Walking great movie.

Back to the Future trilogy, Schindler's list, Ghostbusters 1&2, and Forrest Gump on Blu-ray.

Cool Hand Luke - 9/10

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Once Upon A Time in the West (yes I'm on a Leone kick )

Best Western EVER.
In your teeth John Wayne. lol

The Promotion (2009)

I think Sean William Scott and John C. Reilly are great comedic actors and seeing them in this was a great way to bring these guys together because they're a duo I'd never expect to work together. I thought the movie was pretty boring though, but I liked seeing John C. Reilly in a family-man role and SWS as something other than a sex-crazed teenager. I'd say check it out for something different.

Iron Man 2

The Last Stand...New Arnold Schwarzenegger film from director Jee-woon Kim. found it interesting considering i just bought the doomsday book and jee woon kim directs the second short to the movie

Total Recall (2012)

I liked it, but they should have just made it a new movie.  It had a really different plot, with just some homages to the original that they could have easily gotten around.  Change the name of the movies and characters and drop the homages and it would have been a fine film.

The problem was that it was different but referenced the original just enough that you kept comparing it the two.  Besides Farrel, the actors just didn't stand up as well.  Even the 3-boobed girl was a disappointment.

I'll give it a 7/10 because it was fun and mostly good, but if they had called it "Chia Pet Revolution" it would be an 8.  Somehow they hit the wrong side of the line in making a remake vs. a new film.

I still need to see that Azzy.  It doesn't look like something I'd spend much money on, but looks worth the see.  You giving it a 7 out of 10 is good enough in my book.

Nah, I wouldn't buy it until it hits the bargain bin, myself, but it was a nice $1 rental.

The Campaign - 6/10

I enjoy a good political satire, but this wasn't particularly a *good* one. It was just OK. A couple big laughs here and there, nothing special.

^^^ I laughed when he punched the baby.  It was the only time throughout the film that I did so.  I don't think I even cracked a grin anywhere else.  Horrible flick, IMO.

IRON MAN 1
I dig this movie, showing up on TV now.
Downey Jt is amazing. So is Gwyneth. I love her.
666/10

After, they'll show BABYLON A.D. and man, I really like this film. Like all the story and boy, Diesel is great in this. Mélanie is pretty damn cool in this one too. She's a great actress, seen a bunch of her stuff and everytime she plays very well.
666/10

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I laughed when he punched the baby.  It was the only time throughout the film that I did so.  I don't think I even cracked a grin anywhere else.  Horrible flick, IMO.

Yeah, I feel I was a little too generous with that rating, too. I did laugh quite a bit at the dinner table scene, though. I thought that was quite entertaining.

Er, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYg6R4i3u4

Mighty Duck 2

Zero Dark Thirty... even though I know how it ends, it still had me on the edge of my chair. Thought they did a great job with it. I guess there is some controversy about the torture scenes. Hey, we all knew what was going on. Whether the government wants to admit it or not (which they have... so why is there controversy?). Worth the watch.

MYSTIC RIVER
Sean Penn is just freaking amazing in this great classic.
What a performance he gives us. And oh boy, what a cool story. smile
666/10

Young Adult  Charlize Theron is awesome and fun to watch act.

The Guardian (2006)

It's one of my favorite movies, and Ashton Kutcher should take on more serious roles because I thought he was great in this along with Kevin Costner.

Heathers

I love this movie so much. Christian Slater and Winona Ryder are great.

I watched Saved today.  It has Mandy Moore in it.  I was hungover.  And not making good decisions.  Although it is an awesome, mindless teen movie.  It's no Clueless or Mean Girls, but it's still pretty damn good.

^^^
I'm a HUGE FAN of Mean Girls. H3LL, Lindsay Lohan is my top sexual fantasm so... lol I read today that they plan to do a musical of it on Brodway or something, that's cool. Tina Fey ROCKS!!!

SURVEILLANCE is just BRILLIANT!!! What a story, acting and cinematography just fantastic.
666/10

Wrongfully Accused (1998) -8/10

Fun parody, featuring Leslie Nielsen.

Cowboys & Aliens 9/10
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (re-watch) 10/10

Currently watching Sucker Punch. If the entire film was just the fantasy segments, then this would fantastic. But none of the ladies (somewhat barring Emily Browning) are interesting enough to get behind. (I wasn't trying to be fresh)

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-02-01 22:07:12)