Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Suspiria!  No matter how many times I watched that movie, it always creeps me out.  So good.

If you're around this Saturday, we're planning on doing an Argento night over on the Skype HM channel.

The Black Cat (1934) - 7.5/10
A little slow going, but it gets to be a pretty intense, interesting film. Also, Boris Karloff looks utterly awesome in this flick.

Creature Of The Lagoon

Poultrygeist night of the chicken dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Sleepover Massacre.

I re-watched Scanners, always a good movie. The final climax at the end is truly mindblowing.

^ I watched it last night too. It's great, but I still prefer Videodrome and some of his other movies. I just got the other two along with Scanners in a boxset. All I know about them is that Cronenberg wasn't involved, so my hopes aren't too high.

I've never seen the sequels. As far as Cronenberg is concerned I'd put Scanners somewhere near the middle of his output, maybe closer to the top. He's done better, but he's definitely done worse.

war of the worlds (1953) a classic,years ahead of its time for special effects.

Prom Night III: The Last Kiss (1990)

This third movie in the series which ends up being a really fun comedy at times.

If you looking for Horror movie this is not one at all, As this sequel to second bring back Mary lou again.

This movie was no were near as good as Part 2, I not sure if liked this better then first at the moment.

I did find some of this movie more fun to watch then the first prom night movie.

Some of the deaths were very, what that word I am looking for, Fizzy , yeah go with that.

I didn't really like Hell scene in the movie, seem out of the place and the acting in this movie was not bad,

I give 4/5 out of 10

Prom Night IV: Deliver Us from Evil (1992)

So second time in series, this movies to new story, this as got nothing to with any of the ones before.

However the opening scene is might to be the same night Mary Lou died by the fire in part 2, However as that happen out side a crazy priest killed two of teens who were having sex,

Few years later Prince is back and start the killing spear off again and kills anyone is having any Sex.

This movie got to bit more serious then the last two movies in the series

I thought the story was little weak for this series, I didn't fact the series went from comedy to serious again,

I Thought the movie was very slow and I didn't think the movie that creepy or scary and the movie wasn't that fun to watch.

the acting was really good from the whole cast

Not sure what to rate at the moment!

Prom Night (2008/I)
I have seen first prom night movie, I thought it was really dull and boring wit some decent acting from older actors playing teens.

This is not real remake too the Prom Night (1980), it' nothing like first movie at all.

This movie start off with fake scene or dream she telling some one that family were being killed.

I did like that scene in that movie, I thought it was very decent scene but it's shame it fake scene in way. that the best of the movie.

I found the rest of the movie really dull at times, I didn't really like Killer or the way he killed people off, the kills were all the same, the ones that were not of screen.

The acting wasn't too bad but the story was very bland from the start to the end.

How the movie was very predicable too, I don't think was the worst slasher movie I seen, I seem a lot worse then this.

However I don't think this was better or worse then first prom night movie.

Been trying to finish Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet for a while, but I've been busy. I'm not too far into the film but the characters are very grating. *sigh* Danielle Harris' appearance better be worth it.

American Mary (2012) - Broke and increasingly disenchanted with the surgical world she once admired, Mary Mason stumbles into the world of back room surgeries and body modifications, learning that she can earn a healthy living without even finishing med school.  But will her new profession end up leaving more marks on her than on the so called freaks that are her clients?
I was expecting something a bit different, but that ended up being a good thing, because I really enjoyed the film.  A fantastic sophmore effort from the Soska sisters and one of the best movies I have seen from this last year.  4/5.

The Unholy (1988) - wow, a fairly underrated little gem. Very atmospheric, well directed and a excellent use of lighting. A pretty decent religious type story to with plenty of suspence and mystery to it. I honestly would have rated this a 9/10 but the end got a bit campy with a bit of odd ball f/x which didnt blend well with the rest of the movie. But I still really liked it quite a bit.

8/10

Masters of Horror: Dreams in the Witch House

alien25 wrote:

American Mary (2012) - Broke and increasingly disenchanted with the surgical world she once admired, Mary Mason stumbles into the world of back room surgeries and body modifications, learning that she can earn a healthy living without even finishing med school.  But will her new profession end up leaving more marks on her than on the so called freaks that are her clients?
I was expecting something a bit different, but that ended up being a good thing, because I really enjoyed the film.  A fantastic sophmore effort from the Soska sisters and one of the best movies I have seen from this last year.  4/5.

goooooooood I want to watch this one:)
I just watched the rise of Dr phibes

MoonRaven wrote:

I kind of like that one, didn't expect the ending though. Didn't read the story it's based on. I haven't seen them all, but I liked The Fair Haired Child due to similarities to Pumpkinhead. Cigarette Burns was a good one too.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

I kind of like that one, didn't expect the ending though. Didn't read the story it's based on. I haven't seen them all, but I liked The Fair Haired Child due to similarities to Pumpkinhead. Cigarette Burns was a good one too.

I wanna watch them to see how they are.
Maybe I'll start from the first smile

Fair warning MoonRaven, there's some stinkers. Other than that, enjoy yourself dear. smile

thedeadshallrule wrote:
alien25 wrote:

It's a good one Daph!
Now I need to go back and finish watching their first film, Dead Hooker in a Trunk.

alien25 wrote:
thedeadshallrule wrote:
alien25 wrote:

It's a good one Daph!
Now I need to go back and finish watching their first film, Dead Hooker in a Trunk.

I literally entered about 10 competitions to win it on Blu-Ray, including 1 which is signed.

Lovely Molly.....Im sure a lot here liked this but to me it was shit...Bored me to tears if Gretchen Lodge wasn't so hot i would'nt have finished the film

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Fair warning MoonRaven, there's some stinkers. Other than that, enjoy yourself dear. smile

I'll do my best smile

thedeadshallrule wrote:
alien25 wrote:

never heard of this one. i like the two Phibes films, especially the first one. is it new, oh delectable Daphne? sigh, hug, kiss smoocheroonies xxxxx

Smmooochies Wolfie, I just missed ya on here and on twitter, I am up in the wee hours of the morn;)

the roommate-6/10
silent night,bloody night(2008)- 5/10
white noise 2- 6/10