Topic: Your Inspirations In Life?

Who do you look up to in life, and why? I look up to Steve Jobs and Christian Bale. I look up to Jobs because he revolutionised technology and had a big impact on it, also at 30 years old he was removed from his own company but for years to come he did manage to leave a big mark on technology. And there's Christian Bale, to me he is Batman onscreen and offscreen because he has shown to have a big heart and is has shown to reach out to people in need which to me defines a true hero.

Re: Your Inspirations In Life?

My father.
His mother died when he was 2 and his father died when he was 11. So he learned the value of hard work at a young age.
Worked hard his entire life to provide for his family. He always made sure we had what we needed.
I would like to think i inherited some of that.
There is no other dad like him big_smile

There are quite a few public figures that I look up to, because all of them are undoubtedly great human beings.

Such as, Kurt Vonnegut (writer of The Sirens of Titan & Slaughterhouse-Five - a very bright, creative and eccentric man), John Lennon (musician, pacifist, and artist), Carl Sagan (who was an incredibly wise & insightful science popularizer), George Carlin (the greatest comedian of all time, & who fought the FCC over those "7 dirty words!"), Frank Zappa (one of the greatest musicians of all time, as well as a social commentator who fought for 1st amendment rights), Bernie Sanders (currently my favorite progressive U.S. congressman), Socrates (an excellent and brilliant philosopher who inspires me to think for myself & not become too attached to ideology), Terence Mckenna (whose powerful lectures demonstrates great linguistic abilities and pushes me challenge my own intellect), and Albert Einstein (a kind, humble, and loving soul who was absolutely brilliant in both scientific/social/political matters!).

My parents and grandparents obviously.

All those that volunteered to serve in the military, especially back in WWII when sports figures went when they could have opted out, kids trying to get in before they were 18.  My old boss who was a tank commander at the ATC getting kids ready for Gulf War 1.  Heck, I even semi-respect that slouch Lon for putting his ass on the line.  But only a little bit. tongue

Test pilots and astronauts- some scary stuff right there.

Leaders like Ghandi and Mandella.  (This won't be popular) Reagan for essentially ending the cold war.

Basically, people who went out and did things they didn't need to, and people who, when they had the chance, seized the reigns to made the world a better place.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-26 14:44:32)

Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.

They did so much, and they had Successes. And of course i look up to Jay Cutler and phil heath.

Oh and bruce lee, he was a PERFECT Human

My mother, father, brother and grandparents. They are/were all great people and I have infinite respect for them all.

The Chinese Guy who stood in front of the Tank

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-01-26 17:16:50)

My mom.  Raised my two sisters and I, on her own, working two jobs, and being epilleptic, and never once complained.  Few people in the world have that broad's stick-to-it-iveness and capacity for generosity and selflessness.  I like to think I got those things from her, but I'd be flattering myself.

The Chinese Guy who stood in front of the Tank and the guy behind the Isreal-Loves-Iran campaign

My kids and wife. Without them, I would be a bum!

I have no inspiration.  Someone give me one! tongue

JaySee wrote:

I have no inspiration.  Someone give me one! tongue

Chuck Norris. 'nuff said

Sadly, the one person I ever looked up to and adored turned out to be a criminal. I still haven't completely got over it.

Other than him, I adore Amy Lee. She's a strong woman with a strong voice and has seen her fair share. I could listen to her all day.

Family wise, my mum. I love her, now I'm a parent myself I really understand why she did all the things she did when I was putting her through the worst 5 years of her life. I'll never forget what she did for me.

My uncle. He was 18 when I was born and is my Godfather as well.  Turns out I was 18 when His son was born and I'm HIS Godfather.   He's an artist, a cabinet maker and hilarious.  We've both been there for eachother through good times and bad and before anyone else, I come to him with my problems.

THE MASTER, my master Steve Jobs.
I grew up with what this guy was coming out with. And he was going in the pack head down with his revolutionary ideas.

Marilyn Monroe.
I liked her way of thinking a lot.

Neil Armstrong.
Don't ask why. If you don't know why you should check back your history books right away!!! lol
"Small step for man, giant leap for mankind."

Henri Ford.
The car's father.

Galileo.
He made the humans understand more the stars.

My grandpa, father of my mom.
Writer, a damn good one, loving boats. Grandpa Captain we called him, he always had his cap on when driving boats. He was a psychology teacher during his life so I had lotsa really cool discussions with him.

My granny mother of my father.
One of the best artists in my life. She totally developped my passion for graphic arts. And she was always very calm and smily, never seen her angry.

I'd also like to note Weird Al Yankovic as one of my inspirations. I like how he manages to bring the comedy aspect in to music and he's helped me just learn to laugh, and smile through life.