Topic: Movies You Just Bought

OK.. I like these threads because it kind of gives me a little insight into what kind of horror films people like. Plus its fun to show off some times..

So I'll start it off.. I just recently picked up Frailty at Wal-Mart for $5.50.. I figured it was a nice deal for a decent movie.. I also just recently picked up The Blind Dead Boxed Set for $48.. I've seen it sell for near $100 on some sites so I think I got a deal check out the photo below for what it looks like..

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AM6MVO.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Re: Movies You Just Bought

Let me see stuff I have bought within the last 2 weeks or so.  Most of it I got on sale or with coupons:

Underworld Evolution
Cementary Man
Event Horizon (The new 2 disc edition)
Nightwatch
Masters of Horror: Chocolate and Incident on and Off a Mountain Road
A three pack of Italian Cannibal Films: Jungle Holocaust, Eaten Alive, and Massacre in Dinosaur Valley...at Best Buy for $15
I Spit on Your Grave

Gonna be getting Hills Have Eyes, Deer Woman, and Sick Girl when they come out smile

Blind dead collection is awesome. i have yet to see the movies though. how are they?

I'll let you know once I watch them.. The set actually isn't in my hands yet.. I ordered it online during a 20% off sale.. I'll review them for the site as well probably..

I have had my eye on the Blind Dead set as well just because of the packaging, but I haven't found a deal good enough to make me pull the trigger.

As for me, I just got Battle Royale Tartan Asia edition. It is an awesome movie, but I am not sure it would really fall into the horror catergory. I actually got it from a dvd trading site, so technically it was free.

For some reason I just ordered "John Carpenter's Vampires", fun movie.

I have the Blind Dead Collection...I have only watched part of the first one.  I will say the zombies don't eat you...they drink your blood.

I do like Carpenter's 'Vampires'.  I did get Blade 3 at Target today for only $10 so I am happy.

Funny story about me getting Nightwatch.  Someone at Best Buy got the Tuesdays mixed up and placed it on the shelf a week early.  Of course I grabbed a copy.  Haven't watched it yet, still plowing through many other movies.

The last DVD i bought is a box set for The Omen 1-4.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000BT599W.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

gonna get Silent Hill... what a movie ! ! !

I can't wait till HILLS HAVE EYES and the rest of the MASTERS OF HORROR and the original GODZILLA come out.

I am gonna get silent hill for sure. The last movie i bought.. .hmm ive been so damn busy with work I am not sure which one was last tongue I think it was Das Boot.

Ah....Das Boot is an EXCELLENT movie.  One of the best war film ever made IMO.  I was just over at Bloody-Disgusting and they were saying from news from Davis DVD Silent Hill is due out August 22nd.  No news of an extended cut at the time. 

I think I will wait on Silent Hill for a month or two to see if there is any news of an extended cut.  I did finally get from Barnes and Noble today a copy of GREY KNIGHT I ordered from them a while back.  Very happy about it smile

never seen DAS BOOT but does any one have any spec on the silent hill dvd region 1 release...i ve been looking and all i find is release date...???????

Yea thats all that has been announced so far.. The way studios are going about things these days I can almost guarantee there will be a theatrical release widescreen and fullscreen and than an Unrated version in Widescreen format only...

Edit: Right after I wrote this I began adding news to the site and came across the art and the specs.. Check it out here..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6029.html

thanks..been looking for that,sounds pretty awesome ,have to pick that one up.

I do like the cover art, but I think I will wait a few months before picking it up to see if there is any news of an extended cut coming out.  Always hate it when studios release the better edition several months later and but never tell you about it till a week or two before it is on the shelves.  Ticks me off because I sometimes double dip if the DVD is good even though I might already have the movie.

I finally managed to get up the guts and order Devil's Reject 2 disk edition over the net, and it's now mine! For £8 (about $16 too, nice price).

Loving it again.

Just buy Hills have eyes unrated
             art of the devil 1 & 2
              The last 2 masters of Horror
             Audition
             Pulse
             Silent hill (pre order)

now no money left lol..

Event Horizon, and tomorrow is planned to be my shopping day... also ordered THE GRUDGE: Unrated director's cut.

I just bought the Collectors Edition of The Omen.. Great movie..

By the way Dean that Devils Rejects DVD is fantastic it has quite possibly one of the most extensive behind the scenes docs I have ever seen. If you are at all interested in filmmaking I would check that DVD out..

All of the talk in the rare/gem thread got me motivated to do a little shopping. So I picked up the Dario Argento Collection Vol 2 featuring Demons and Demons 2. I got a pretty good deal on it too.

Snapped up Zombi 2 from a rental store today, dodgy case like, but that's easy to replace, finally got it on DVD! And the Rejects DVD is tip top for extra stuff, even the menus are great.

just picked up the zombie 3 pack, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage 2 disc set, and i have a limited edition (and rare i might add) The Beyond DVD in the tin with the posters and stuff on its way too (don't know what number it is yet).

Cemetery Man
Stir of Echos ($3.99 at Big Lots)
Blair Witch 2 (also $3.99 and yes I like this one... not a fan of the first though)
The Lost Boys 2 disc
Underworld: Evo

As for non Horror

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Green Street Hooligans
Boondock Saints
16 Blocks
Jesus is Magic

That is all I can remember right now...

Last edited by solstic (2006-06-27 09:07:44)

AH! i forgot to pick up cemetery man again.