Re: Introduce Yourself

Greetings Ken. Nice intro, if you have any short films on YT (or any other sites) feel free to post links to them.

Welcome to the forum. smile

^^^ What he said, just don't be spammy about it. smile

Hi Ken, welcome to the asylum.  I'm the resident monkey, have a complimentary banana.

Good thing you showed up, I was being taxed on the film and cinematography stuff over on the other thread, and our resident film maker is out doing work right now.

And listen to Lon- he's one of the big dogs.

http://rlv.zcache.com/welcome_sock_monkey_mousepad-p144144763794482414en7lc_216.jpg

Thanks! Just curious... what does one do with the banana? (I know I'm setting myself up here).

A big huge welcome to the madhouse to you getken. Yeah it's mad but it's full of great views on everything Horror so I guess you'll enjoy.

Oh, and very NICE avayar you have there.
Have fun!!! smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-23 12:51:57)

getken wrote:

Thanks! Just curious... what does one do with the banana? (I know I'm setting myself up here).

Most people just eat them as a snack, though knxPunk ^^ has been, um, creative with them.

(some of us spar with each other on a regular basis, lol )

Last edited by azathoth (2013-01-23 12:53:23)

^^^
Mwahaha very creative indeed. lol

^^
You're the Slender Man, aren't you?

^^^
Sometimes.

^^
Ah, you sometimes have those "bloated feeling days?"  big_smile

^^^
Hahaha yeah but I try not to let it show. Looks like I failed. lol

kXnPunk wrote:

Oh, and very NICE avayar you have there.

Thanks. That's the poster from a feature film I was the Director of Photography on. It's in the festival circuit now and just recently took home a bunch of awards, including Best Cinematography at the Buffalo Screams Horror Film Festival 2012 (as well as Best Director, Best Feature and Best Ensemble Cast... yeah it kind of swept!). Scream Queen Debbie Rochon is in it. It also took 1st place Feature Film at the Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival 2012. It's been picked up for distribution so should be available on demand sometime soon!

Nice.  And kudos on landing Rochon.  I wrote a script about six years ago she was hot on appearing in, but the filmmaker I wrote it for and I had a falling out, so *poof* so much for that. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Nice.  And kudos on landing Rochon.  I wrote a script about six years ago she was hot on appearing in, but the filmmaker I wrote it for and I had a falling out, so *poof* so much for that. lol

That's too bad. This biz is tough enough. Having falling outs just makes it that much tougher. I've had a few of my own. But often creative people can be quite... difficult. Debbie was great to work with. I honestly didn't know who she was when we started the film. She was really fantastic as was the rest of the cast. And the Director, Richard Griffin, managed to pull off some pretty awesome movie magic. You can see the trailer for Exhumed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3VtR9FPmLg
It is a Black and White psychological horror thriller with nods to film noir and Hitchcock.

Last edited by getken (2013-01-23 16:29:30)

Wow, congrats for all this. Keep it up!!!
And looks very, very cool by the trailer.
I love Noir stuff.

Nice trailer.  Love the cinematography.  Let us know when it comes out, I'm interested in seeing it.

Hey there.
I'm a film student, 22 year old. I also work at a bookstore to get myself through university.
I live in Israel, so I don't get to watch many movies in theaters (only a handful of the mainstream flicks are released here). Still, I try to catch up as fast as I can.

I love books, I read a lot. I'm an avid horror fan, and I'd love to chat to people who share that interest.

smile

You are in the right place Daria.
Welcome.

Hi there Daria, welcome to HM! I love to read too and we all love horror, what are some of your favourite films?

Welcome to the mad house miss. All of us are insanely fans of Horror so like MoonRaven said, you're in the right place.

Enjoy our sweet creepy home. smile

Hi Daria, welcome to the asylum.  I'm the resident monkey, have a complimentary banana!  big_smile

As far as I know, you are our 1st Israeli member.    The only reason I point this out is that I not-semi-officially run Skype chats for HM, and I keep track of how many different countries we have.  If you're interested, let me know and I'll get the info to you.  We also do "Movie Nights" that are themed so people can see new films and discuss in real time.

Anyhoo, as the others above said, you found a great place for horror.  We have published writers, guys who have released films, and a few other side pursuits.  If there is any particular sub-genre you're interested in, someone here is probably an expert in it.

http://rlv.zcache.com/welcome_sock_monkey_poster-r6a5a8d1d8f804bcf9bcab2af1e443c72_wfb_400.jpg

hello daria and welcome! always nice to see a lady horror fan.

Hi there Daria Pea, hope you find plenty of likeminded folks on here and stick around. I used to be a huge reader but then drugs, women and alcohol clouded my brain so now I mainly stick to films! big_smile

There's loads of knowledgable ladies & gents on here who love to talk about all things horrific so make yourself cosy, you're at home now! Mwuhuhuhahahah, mwuhuhuhahahaha!!!

Welcome Aboard Folks!

Hi,I'm Jerome. I like horror movies and Thanks I found this forum.