Topic: Harrison Ford turned down new Star Wars Franchise!

George Lucas recently had a meeting with harrison ford to do a NEW star wars franchise and Ford turned it and $47million bucks down.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10984.html

Re: Harrison Ford turned down new Star Wars Franchise!

wow...$47 million......I woulda taken it.

hey golden your morgue corner is awful empty, its liek a ghosttown tongue and yeah i woulda taken the 47million to. Not like hes doing anything else.

Yea 47 million is a TON of money.. I wonder why he didn't off that much to Mark Hammil? Oh yea I forgot he is a one trick pony.. heh ZING!

Goon - LMAO!

What is Frank Oz working on these days?  I mean who wouldn't watch an Adventures of Young Yoda TV series?

Harrison must be busy with the new Indiana Jones flick coming next year....

His age will play a factor in that one no doubt.....Instead of car chases and fight scenes he'll just yell at nazis to get the hell off his lawn.....

lol killjoy I totally agree.

Great Franchise
Great Actor
Bad Decision

I think that Harrison Ford was a fool to turn down that much money but I also see what he MIGHT be looking at.  Face it, a lot of hardcore Star Wars geeks didn't like the newer franchise.  I didn't.  I was a fan of the practical effects rather than the digital effects.  He might have felt the same way.

WOW! I guess the Star Wars well will never run dry, even if the ideas are running a little thin.

all 6 of the movies that r out so far were allready wirtten by lucas back in the 70's. he just could only sell the origional trilogy.
it is very unfortunate that harison ford wont be playing in the new movie (if its any good, which i highly doubt)

I'm glad he turned down this offer.  While I enjoyed the Star Wars movies, I think enough is enough.  The original trilogy was amazing and I truly enjoyed it.  The prequel trilogy was okay, but just didn't do anything for me.  With the 47mil, Harrison is already as rich as can be, why go for more?  I am glad though that they are doing a fourth Indiana Jones.  I have heard rumors about it for quite a few years now and I'm glad they are doing something with it.  From the sounds of it, Sean Connery is supposed come back as the father.  But I do agree with killjoy, as Harrison has to be around 50 years old.  Kind of curious how they will work that out.

deathgate666 wrote:

all 6 of the movies that r out so far were allready wirtten by lucas back in the 70's. he just could only sell the origional trilogy.

Do Star Wars fans really buy into all the crap that George Lucas feeds them? No way he originally wrote ALL of the films in the 70's.. If he had after the original triology came out he could have easily sold the prequels right after that..

There were actually had 9 movies planned in the series.  The middle three were the first ones made, because they were the most bankable at the time.  He never expected to make any more after the those original three.  I'm sure he had them written in some form, though probably not a finished draft, though he always wanted to do the entire series of nine films.

I don't buy it.. I mean unless he has copies of his original work from the 70s or something.. I'm just skeptical about what his intentions were.. To me George Lucas has always come off as a money grubbing dude..

I can't argue with you here Goon.  I just know what was said in an interview added to the copies of the original three that I have on VHS (sucks cause you have to fast forward through the whole thing in each movie!)  This was before the "new" versions showed up with the new and improved cgi and long before the deals for episodes 1, 2 & 3 were worked in.

I would like to see a new STAR WARS movie with the original cast, but NO EWOKS!

I think it says alot about harrison ford's decision making that he can turn down 47 million. he also turned down schindlers list, jfk, syriana, and traffic.

he only turns down crap aye Ash? lol

i would watch any one of those movies before i would watch another star wars sequel.

i think you missed the sarcsm in my post.

To be honest, i really don't know how i feel about another Star Wars trilogy. Yeah that is a shit load of money. But the Star Wars universe is endless. Like Leia marrying Han Solo, Leia turning into a Jedi Master. Man there's just so much that they could keep on making more and more. So anything is possible. Another thing i would like to see is something dealing with more details between episodes III and IV. There's still stuff to explain. I could just keep on going. Anyways, it could be interesting to have another trilogy which i have heard about coming out with another one for quite sometime now along with a TV series.

i believe harrison ford is 63 years old and though he looks to be in pretty good shape for the upcoming indy movie i'm sure he is thinking it's time bang calista flockhart and go play some golf. does anyone want to see a 70 year old han solo let alone another 3 star wars movies? if i wanted to spend 3 hours listening to people drone on about trade agreements, senators, and the senate i'll watch c-span. BRING BACK FIREFLY!!!