Topic: What Horror magazines do you buy each month or are subscribed to???

Yeah, I for one buy Fangoria every month and am subscribed to Rue Morgue which just RULES.

Here's their links:

Rue Morgue
http://www.rue-morgue.com

Fangoria
http://fangoria.com/

Famous Monsters Of Filmland
http://famousmonsters.com/

There's a few very cool frenchie magazines which I get now and then like MadMovies http://www.mad-movies.com/ or L'Écran Fantastique http://www.ecranfantastique.net/

So what about you Horror freaks that you all are???

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-04 14:40:08)

Re: What Horror magazines do you buy each month or are subscribed to???

I always buy the UK Mag The Dark Side. Its only released in a printed version every two months but its a quality mag so that makes up for it.

Yeah got one issue and it's pretty well done.

None for me, I should start buying some though.

Scream Magazine ( U.K ) and also Cine Retro, not a horror magazine it covers films of the 1960's, 70's and 80's but does cover Horror films and the very next issue is going to be a Hammer issue. don't subscribe but also buy "Little Shoppe Of Horrors" regularly. used to buy lots  of horror mags but run out of space, now sell back issues on E -Bay. U K only though had so much problems with overseas sales ( some right twats! mainly European).

wolfman1959 wrote:

Scream Magazine ( U.K ) and also Cine Retro, not a horror magazine it covers films of the 1960's, 70's and 80's but does cover Horror films and the very next issue is going to be a Hammer issue. don't subscribe but also buy "Little Shoppe Of Horrors" regularly. used to buy lots  of horror mags but run out of space, now sell back issues on E -Bay. U K only though had so much problems with overseas sales ( some right twats! mainly European).

Where would u get Scream from. Forbidden Planet I am Guessin. I have tried to find Horror Mag's whenever I go into my local Forbidden Planet but they dont usually have any, and if they do they are like two months old issues. Dark Side is the only Horror mag I ever find in WHSmith.

Vasquez wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

Where would u get Scream from. Forbidden Planet I am Guessin. I have tried to find Horror Mag's whenever I go into my local Forbidden Planet but they dont usually have any, and if they do they are like two months old issues. Dark Side is the only Horror mag I ever find in WHSmith.

you can buy back issues and the latest issue or subscribe if you want to on the scream website which is screamhorrormag.co.uk    vas

In the past I've had subscriptions to Fangoria, Asian Cult Cinema, Video Watchdog and a couple other b-movie/independent mags whose titles escape me, and which didn't run all that long anyway.

Currently, I'm not subscribed to any.

LoudLon wrote:

In the past I've had subscriptions to Fangoria, Asian Cult Cinema, Video Watchdog and a couple other b-movie/independent mags whose titles escape me, and which didn't run all that long anyway.

Currently, I'm subscribed to Hairy men on horses quarterly .

HMHQ is a fav but hard to find.

No problem, they have this thing where you can refer a friend and waitaminnit!!!

wolfman1959 wrote:

I have a few issues of Scream and it is just beautifully great. One of the few magazine from the UK we can get at bookstores once in a while. I wish there'd be more coming our side of the Atlantic.

Nothing now...though the magazine Swollen posted that Lon gets is interesting.  smile

I used to get Fangoria and then Gorezone.  At the time those were great to find out about upcoming blockbusters, but also obscure or indie ones.  There just wasn't a way to find out about those movies back then.  I remember learning all about Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer, from Fangoria, and used to have arguments with people I was in middle school with about how horror movies couldn't be rated X when I was telling them they can.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-12-05 01:08:44)

I had a couple issues of Gorezone back in highschool, but the local pharmacy (I lived in a very small town at the time and the pharmacy was the only place which sold magazines) didn't carry them for long due complaints about the frequently gory covers. 

But just a few months ago I found a place to DL every issue, and spent the entire day skimming through every last one.  It was a good mag, but the logic behind it was fractured; it was created by Fango editor Tony Timpone to give Fangoria itself some competition.  As such, it was only a matter of time before it went tits-up. hmm

kXnPunk wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

I have a few issues of Scream and it is just beautifully great. One of the few magazine from the UK we can get at bookstores once in a while. I wish there'd be more coming our side of the Atlantic.

What bookstores stock it?

http://www.librairieduportage.com/ does but about 3-4 times/year. Local Bookstore...

I DL Rue Morgue for the iPad mostly.
I wouldn't mind be a subscriber.

I mentioned another magazine in another thread. My all time fav. 32 issues were made.  I only managed to get 13 of them sad They are a great mag.
Movies, music, books, artists, superstitions, urban legends, haunted houses, curses, vampires, dark side of mythology...they have a bit of everything.
http://www.monolithgraphics.com/darkrealms.html

^^^
Well 13 is still better than the unique lonely one I have.
Great magazine indeed, very fun. Love it.

I buy Rue Morgue and Fangoria every month.   Although there rarely is anything new in them that I haven't heard of already online now.  But, I still enjoy looking through them. 

Rue Morgue recently did a top 200 alternative movie list.  It was a good issue with lots of info.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Well 13 is still better than the unique lonely one I have.
Great magazine indeed, very fun. Love it.

So you've heard of it?

No but I read it. lol

Playboy: The Clothed Edition.
Talk about horrifying....

I used to do Fango a bit back, but now I just use the powers of the internet.

^^^
Horrifying indeed. lol

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/431/500x500/11/P7080011.jpg?et=njxIIYaCarQNDrWSbgTS2w&nmid=104654195

^^^
MWAHAHAHA lol
Great way to start the week-end.

Fangoria smile