Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Copycat (1995).  Been a while since I last saw this one and I was feeling nostaglic for the mid-90s.  Holds up pretty well seventeen years later.  Holly Hunter's really good as the lady cop, Sigourney Weaver's does what she can with her somewhat limited role, and why William McNamara didn't get bigger roles after his convincing turn as the psycho is beyond me.  Solid serial killer flick, stylish and well-acted.  7/10

^^^
Oh yeah have this one in VHS and I enjoy it every time I see it. And yeah Holly is wondeful in it.

RESIDENT EVIL RETRIBUTION
Second watch and man did I enjoy this version a lot.
But man, their maps are wild. Was cool to see them back, well Michelle and Sienna to name a few. The asian girl was nice too.
And the Red Queen is like she always is. Badass. Loved the weird story and the amazing effects. And woah, the new lickers and giants are insane.Can't wait to see the next with the bat like thingies, it'll Rock.
And as I'm a true Alice fan I found her so great in this one. Her moves were insanely cool. 666/10

You know what? I'm not going to finish Sucker Punch. Just a...*sigh*I left a cuss filled and murderous sounding rant on another forum about this film and Zack Snyder in general. No way in hell I'm continuing this exercise in the garroting of my soul.

^^^
It's part of my top movies EVER list. tongue

BOOGIE NIGHTS
2 things to say. Julianne Moore and Heather Graham naked.
And well Burt with his legendary moustache. big_smile

What an INCREDIBLE cast in this it's nuts.
Great story too. Yup enjoying this a lot. First time I see it. Read a lot 'bout it but never saw it. 9/10

I LOVE Boogie Nights.  One of the very few flicks I give a straight 10/10.  The acting from all involved is top-notch, the soundtrack is amazing, the twists and turns the story takes are hilarious, dramatic and even harrowing, and it has one of my favorite moments of acting in any film I can think of -- the moment where Wahlberg as Dirk is in the drug dealer's house and stares off at nothing in particular as all this crazy shit's going on around him, and you can see him realizing and seeing the irony in how badly his life has spinned out of control, and he does so without speaking a single line of dialogue.  The first time I saw this flick, when I saw that moment, I thought "If Wahlberg doesn't get a nomination for best actor for this flick, there's something wrong with the world."

Well, there IS something wrong with the world, because he wasn't nominated for an Oscar.  Such a fresh, original character and Wahlberg nailed the performance in every way.  A real snub job, that.  Dude's a much better actor than he ever was a rapper, but I think most people discount him because of the Marky Mark thing.  This flick, plus The Fighter, shows he's got some major chops.

Yeah definitely.
One scene that kicked me right in the teeth a very powerful way is when he gets back at Burt's and Julianne's and apologizes and starts crying. Man, I cried too. So damn amazing.

And yeah, should at least of been nominated. I dig this dude, man, in The Happening  he was so good as my dear Zooey's counterpart.

Shooter too was wild. He's one of my favorites.

CARGO 2011 not the 2009 Sci-Fi one.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1507261/

Cute girl get trafficked by an egyptian driver after signing a contract to move from Russi to the USA via Mexico to become a model. "I'm only the driver" Sayeb takes Natasha [interesting that the characters have the real names of the actors, cool] from there to NY in a road trip absolutely fantastic emotion wise. Acting is just freaking phenomenal. Great lines too.
Sayeb- I'll kill you.
Natasha- No you won't you don't own me.

Sayeb- Americans, there's nothing good about americans.
Made me laugh, again that ages old musulmans/american fight. lol

After he's finished praying, I'm just the driver gets back in the car and Natasha tells him I wish I knew how to pray. Why do you wear that cross then??? My granma gave it to me and I find it beautiful.

When she tries to call with the driver's cell and he gets angry, he goes outside and his anger is so freaking well played it's too great.

A great complicity builds up between them and the ending is incredibly touching.

Very intelligent screenwriting that was.

VERY RECOMMANDED VIEWING!!! 10/10

Beast of the Southern Wild: What else can I say other than "you should really see this movie." 8.5/10

Argo (2012).  Believe the hype.  This is a great movie.

Thor
Re-watch. Still awesome and my favourite of the recent Marvel films.

CELLUfreauckingLAR!!!
Non-stop action/tension from the first to the last minute with splendid acting by that blonde Kim and an even badasser than usual Statham. That stuff ROCKS MADLY!!! Excellent everything and well, a brilliant H. Macy, told you it's a spa, lol Evans and the ÜBER sexy Jess Biel. YAY!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile
A masterpiece of action. 666.666/10
"It pumps 30 liters and the body contains only 5, sorry.
Urgh. Fucking bitch..."
555-0167

Might Ducks 3

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Re-watch. Still liked the action and imagery, still let down by everything else.

Oof.  That was a bad flick, man.  Even worse than Drive Angry, which I thought looked like Casablanca in comparison. lol

I agree about Ghost Rider 2 i couldn't sit through it.
Watched Dynamite Warrior today, not bad starred Dan Chupong, most notable for his work in Ong Bak 2 & 3

I picked up Dynamite Warrior on DVD a few years back thinking for some reason that it starred Tony Jaa.  Whoops!  Still not a bad flick, though.  Kind of slow in spots but the action scenes make up for it.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Re-watch. Still liked the action and imagery, still let down by everything else.

I couldn't take the scene where Ghost Rider pees fire while standing in the truck. That's something I'd expect Deadpool or Spider-Man to do. That's like The Punisher pulling down his pants and peeing on a thug he shot to death.

^^Bloody hell, that was an awful scene.

LoudLon wrote:

Oof.  That was a bad flick, man.  Even worse than Drive Angry, which I thought looked like Casablanca in comparison. lol

One of the best films EVER for me Drive Angry is. H3LL, a Dodge Charger, a Chevy Chevelle and AMBER HEARD!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-05 02:07:28)

I like to pretend that Drive Angry is a pre/boot to the first Ghost Rider film.

Cecil B. Demented (2000) (IMDB link)
Not really a mainstream film- a John Waters film with a bunch of good actors.  Crazy kids want to make a film, with the emphasis on crazy.  Funny, weird, fast paced.  Call it a non-Troma Terror Firmer.

Something I can only watch every couple of years.
6/10

The Expendables 9/10
I, Robot 9/10

Flight: Denzel, turned in one of his best performances as a airplane pilot who's a alcoholic. The plane he's piloting crashes and six people die. Toxicology tests show he was under the influence of both alcohol and cocaine, while piloting the plane.

I was thinking it was more of a action/drama movie. Not so. A drama all the way. And a damn good one. 7.5/10

^^^
Glad to get some insight about this one from you, been hearing/reading great stuff about it so I thank you. The plane lover I am will certainly love it. AND Denzel is an amazing actor.

Reminds me of the film they did http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1679641/ following the story of Piché, a Quebecker pilot that was alcoholic too and that landed a plane that lost it's fuel a while back.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-06 21:30:42)