Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Finally watching The Devil Inside...been putting this off for far too long

Xytras wrote:

My admiration for Korean movie makers will not fade away anytime soon. Just watched Bedevilled 2010. They manage to take a simple story and turn it into a gut wrenching and sad thriller that will stay with me for awhile. 8/10

Its defo my joint fav (other one being I Saw The Devil and The Orphanage) asian, heck even foreign film of the last 5 years or so. In fact i believe i might have gave it a 10/10 when I rated it originally. What is even more shocking about it is that I heard from various sources that similar stuff was/is happening in reality in South Korea.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Finally watching The Devil Inside...been putting this off for far too long

From everything i have heard about this movie its best if you put it off forever.

Xtras, think the same as Vasquez. Bedevilled is so damn great.
But am I the only one that hates The Devil Inside here or what???

And I guess The Orphanage isn't the spanish Del Toro's one.
Gonna check for an asian one now.

Vasquez wrote:
Xytras wrote:

My admiration for Korean movie makers will not fade away anytime soon. Just watched Bedevilled 2010. They manage to take a simple story and turn it into a gut wrenching and sad thriller that will stay with. e for awhile. 8/10

Its defo my joint fav (other one being I Saw The Devil and The Orphanage) asian, heck even foreign film of the last 5 years or so. In fact i believe i might have gave it a 10/10 when I rated it originally. What is even more shocking about it is that I heard from various sources that similar stuff was/is happening in reality in South Korea.

Bedevilled was AMAZING!!!

The Redsin Tower (2006) - Wow! I was not expecting it to be as good as ot was, for a low budget it was pretty well acted and well made. Also pretty creative story, it reminded me a lot of Evil Dead but was still very much its own film. Great f/x work aswell. Pretty sick and brutal during moments but I liked it a lot!

8/10

^ One of my favorite indie horror flicks. A true gem. I would love to see what those guys could do with a decent budget.

The Initiation - a truly underrated 80's slasher. Bloody on screen kills, a awesome setting and actually has a plot. 8/10

Blood Creek (2009) (IMDB link)
Decent Nazi occult film.  Interesting idea, bit convoluted in the telling.  Acting and FX were good.  Once I figured out what was going on (apparently Schumacher's re-writes messed up the original script), I enjoyed it.
7/10

Jigsaw. cheap production but better than i thought it would be. 6/10

ChainSaW80 wrote:

The Redsin Tower (2006) - Wow! I was not expecting it to be as good as ot was, for a low budget it was pretty well acted and well made. Also pretty creative story, it reminded me a lot of Evil Dead but was still very much its own film. Great f/x work aswell. Pretty sick and brutal during moments but I liked it a lot!
8/10

I loved how it had that old school 80's vibe to it.  My favorite Fred Vogel flick so far.

Witchboard (1986) - Tawny Kitaen was nice to look at, including a bit of nudity, but the movie was just okay.  2.5/5.

I enjoyed that one a bit more than most.  Really liked Stephen Nichols in it, and it had a couple great out-of-nowhere kills (the guy on the construction site gets me every time).  Still, it is admittedly slow and takes it time getting going.

I watched Evil Dead 2 last night with a date!  It was only the second time we hung out and he had Evil Dead 2 on VHS.  Apparently it doesn't take much to win me over lol

alien25 wrote:
ChainSaW80 wrote:

8/10

I loved how it had that old school 80's vibe to it.  My favorite Fred Vogel flick so far.

Witchboard (1986) - Tawny Kitaen was nice to look at, including a bit of nudity, but the movie was just okay.  2.5/5.

Never heard of this movie, but am going to have to try and get a hold of it now. Appreciate the heads up, chainsaw.

Theater Bizzare: And bizarre it was. I liked it much more than V.H.S.  Looking forward to the second installment. 7/10

Evelyn Williams wrote:

I watched Evil Dead 2 last night with a date!  It was only the second time we hung out and he had Evil Dead 2 on VHS.  Apparently it doesn't take much to win me over lol

Being a fan of Evil Dead 2 is what initially attracted me to my daughter's mom. lol

On a similar note, and I've mentioned this on the boards before, I actually have a dating test involving the orginal Dawn of the Dead, my all-time favorite horror movie.  At some point early in the dating process I'll have the girl sit and watch it with me.  Whether or not she likes -- not if it makes her laugh, not if she finds it enjoyable in a cheesy or stupid kind of way, but genuinely likes it -- that determines if I keep seeing her.

It's petty, sure, but I take my horror flicks that seriously. lol

alien25 wrote:
ChainSaW80 wrote:

8/10

Yea, I don't know if anyone else agrees but it totally reminded me of Evil Dead, in a good way. It was tbe first F. Vogel flick I've seen, not to interested in seeing the August Underground films honestly.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2013-02-06 23:53:42)

Underdog wrote:
alien25 wrote:
ChainSaW80 wrote:

8/10

Never heard of this movie, but am going to have to try and get a hold of it now. Appreciate the heads up, chainsaw.

Theater Bizzare: And bizarre it was. I liked it much more than V.H.S.  Looking forward to the second installment. 7/10

Np UD! Good luck though, I was gonna buy a copy on dvd and looked on Amazon and the cheapest one is $85!!! Wth...

OH H3LL YESSS!!!
Burton made it again. And very well once more.

FRANKENWEENIE is up there with Nightmare Before Xmas and Corpse Bride as my all times favorite Horror Animations. And man the characters, WOW!!! Tim is crazy and I just LOOOoooøøøVE so much for that. Wowowowow what a movie. Favorite animation for me these last 2 years [BUT haven't seen Ralph's yet]. SPLENDID!!!
666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-07 12:24:07)

Puritan (2006) lots of people say it's good, i thought it very average.

Watched 'The Cabin in the Woods' last night.

MoonRaven wrote:

And ?  what did you think moonie?

ChainSaW80 wrote:
alien25 wrote:
ChainSaW80 wrote:

8/10

Yea, I don't know if anyone else agrees but it totally reminded me of Evil Dead, in a good way. It was tbe first F. Vogel flick I've seen, not to interested in seeing the August Underground films honestly.

I've got a couple of the August Underground films, but haven't watched them in their entirety, not really my thing.  He also did a film called Sella Turcica (2010) which reminded me a bit of Deathdream and wasn't nearly as good as The Redsin Tower.  It does however have a still lovely Camile Keaton in it.

Frayed (2009) - I wasn't expecting much going in, but ended up enjoying it quite a bit.  For a first film, the guys really did a nice job on it.  3/5.

Vampy got me to watch a monster movie, Hotel Transylvania.

Yes, it is a comedy animation, but it was great bit of fun.
Vampy + Monkey rating -  9/10

wolfman1959 wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Yeah I'm curious about your reactions too.

Azathoth, Hotel Transylvania is the next Horror animation I plan to watch. Looks very fun from what I've seen. smile

^^
Without looking at it before hand, see if you can pick out everyones' voices during the movie.

kXnPunk wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Yeah I'm curious about your reactions too.

Azathoth, Hotel Transylvania is the next Horror animation I plan to watch. Looks very fun from what I've seen. smile

Interesting concept for a movie. The acting wasn't horrible which is a good thing. Hate watching horror movies when the acting is super cheesy. (I'll still watch the movie though tongue )
Not sure what to rate it. It wasn't amazing. But it was pretty good.

Dark Night of The Scarecrow (1981). A very good TV movie with, in particular a interesting and well developed story and characters and impressive performances 9/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-02-08 13:55:26)