Topic: Arrow Video

Seeing the Scream Factory thread I thought that I would just put one up for Arrow Video - the British equivalent.

They have got some awesome stuff coming up including

Black Sabbath

Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of two versions of the film; ‘I tre volti della paura’ – the European version with score by Roberto Nicolosi & ‘Black Sabbath’ – the re-edited and re-dubbed AIP version with Les Baxter score, on home video for the first time
- English SDH subtitles for English Audio and a new English subtitle translation of the Italian audio
- Audio Commentary with Bava biographer and expert Tim Lucas
- Introduction to the film by author and critic Alan Jones
- A Life In Film – An Interview with star Mark Damon
- Three Faces of Black Sabbath – A comparison of the different versions of the film
- International Trailer
- US Trailer
- Italian Trailer
- TV and Radio Spots
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic David Cairns and a substantial interview with AIP Producer Samuel Z. Arkoff on his experiences of working with Bava, conducted by Tim Lucas, illustrated with original stills and posters.

Spider Baby

Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature, available in the UK for the first time
- High Definition transfer of the feature approved by director Jack Hill
- Isolated Music and Effects track
- English SDH subtitles for deaf and hearing impaired
- Audio commentary featuring Jack Hill and star Sid Haig
- The Hatching of Spider Baby – Interviews with Jack Hill, Sid Haig, star Mary Mitchel, fan Joe Dante and more on the making of the film
- Spider Stravinsky: The Cinema Sounds of Ronald Stein – The composer of ‘The Terror’ and ‘Attack of the 50 Foot Woman’ among others is remembered by Harlene Stein, Jack Hill, American Cinematheque’s Chris D. and others
- The Merrye House Revisited – Jack Hill revisits the original house that was used as the main location in the film
- Alternate opening title sequence
- Extended scene
- Gallery of behind-the-scenes images
- The Host (1960) – Jack Hill’s early short film featuring Sid Haig in his first starring role [30 mins]
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humpreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by artist and writer Stephen R. Bissette, and more to be confirmed!

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-01-27 09:05:38)

Re: Arrow Video

Arrow Video are really amazing, they've brought out so much old great horror movies that would be near impossible to get elsewhere. And they always have something cool to come along with them as well, like posters, special covers, etc. Great value for money.

The most recent Blu-Ray I got from them was Zombie Flesh Eaters, and that came with all three different versions of the movie!

Great stuff.

These are the guys who distributed my first film in the UK. (I got a copy from Amazon UK but I think they did multiple covers--couldn't find some of the other ones I saw pictured or I would have bought them too...just like having all the different versions of the film)

So maybe I'm biased but I think Arrow is great! smile

It's good to see some older movies coming out on Blu-ray. I'll most likely pick up Black Sabbath, love that movie. I've never heard of Spider Baby, but it sounds interesting.

I dont trust arrow video... I think lots of their stuff is the cut versions... thats a no no to me

^
I dont think any of their stuff is cut. If it is it must be like 1% of their releases. In fact they just got Baise Moi uncut in the UK for the first time. A lot of their previous releases were also uncut for the first time in the UK.

Plus I just got Arrows release of Black Sunday and they included a whole another film as one of their extras on the disc.

New releases announced

Squirm (1976)

Deranged (1974)

I can't wait for them to bring out Motel Hell on blu-ray in May! big_smile I am so getting a copy, looks awesome.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/images/titles/MOTEL_HELL_2D_DUAL_compressed.jpg

^ That looks awesome! To bad they don't do U.S. releases.

Squirm is a pretty good little flick, Deranged ain't bad either!

What got me was they are UK releases! Maybe today in our deranged civilized quantilation they might be together now.... it just scared me (thats what scares me, edited and cut movies) I hope they are original for the buyers sake.

i would love to get some of these but they are so expensive. I have seen a few on amazon going for quite a bit too. Lots of great titles.

well as regards to Zombie Flesh Eaters the original release of the blu ray was missing 6 seconds at the beginning - i didn't buy that

and the many other errors in their films are terrible esp for what  you pay for
Tenebre goes out of sync twice in the original release - i wasted my money  there
it has since been re released w/better pq and audio as the Fench blu ray
The Bird With The Crystal Plumage is a crap blu ray with its Unversum ratio of 2.00:1 instead of my Blue Underground 2.35:1
others have also been criticised on other horror sites