24,551

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

azathoth wrote:

^^
Without looking at it before hand, see if you can pick out everyones' voices during the movie.

I won't because I suck at this. H3LL, I'd think Angelina Jolie does a voice when it'actually De Niro. lol

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Stalker ( 2011) it was ok but seen it all before 6/10

24,553

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^
Without looking at it before hand, see if you can pick out everyones' voices during the movie.

I won't because I suck at this. H3LL, I'd think Angelina Jolie does a voice when it'actually De Niro. lol

In that case, look it up first.  Quite the nice voice cast they have.

24,554

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The ABC's of Death (2012) - A cool idea for an anthology flick, but as is the case with all anthologies, particularly when there are 26 shorts directed by 27 different directors, they can be a mixed bag.  Overall, I enjoyed it, but I didn't think that it was anything really special.  3/5.

24,555

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I Vampiri (1956) Italy's first sound film co directed by Riccardo Freda and Mario Bava. 8/10

24,556

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:

I Vampiri (1956) Italy's first sound film co directed by Riccardo Freda and Mario Bava. 8/10

I really need to see this film. I love Bava.

24,557

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Insidious

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Black Wine I like it in the same dark way I like May and Roman.

24,559

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Saw the original "The Fly" this morning on AMC. I always liked the premise of the film and enjoyed watching it as a kid, but it just isn't a good film. The modern one isn't good either. Even the cinematography isn't that good and they filmed in cinemascope (1958)!

24,560

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Deadly Spawn (1983) 4/10

24,561

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

TCM II

My DVD had a little Laser Error

But it wa smy Sense of Fun

24,562

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

getken wrote:

Saw the original "The Fly" this morning on AMC. I always liked the premise of the film and enjoyed watching it as a kid, but it just isn't a good film. The modern one isn't good either. Even the cinematography isn't that good and they filmed in cinemascope (1958)!

What are you smoking? The first is great, re-make is even better!

I just watched the Hands of Orlac yesterday. It's very much the same premise as Mad Love, but with a different ending. The movie is pretty damn slow, even for a silent film. It does have some really great dark and eerie moments, and some captivating over acting that you will only see in the silent era. The exaggerated gestures add a certain feel of insanity, especially scenes of Orlac walking around with his hands raised in front of him, eyes bugging wide, walking like a zombie in a trance. The film is directed by Robert Weine, and it's pretty damn good, but it doesn't have the full blown craziness of expressionism as The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

24,563

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Theli wrote:
getken wrote:

Saw the original "The Fly" this morning on AMC. I always liked the premise of the film and enjoyed watching it as a kid, but it just isn't a good film. The modern one isn't good either. Even the cinematography isn't that good and they filmed in cinemascope (1958)!

What are you smoking? The first is great, re-make is even better!

I just watched the Hands of Orlac yesterday. It's very much the same premise as Mad Love, but with a different ending. The movie is pretty damn slow, even for a silent film. It does have some really great dark and eerie moments, and some captivating over acting that you will only see in the silent era. The exaggerated gestures add a certain feel of insanity, especially scenes of Orlac walking around with his hands raised in front of him, eyes bugging wide, walking like a zombie in a trance. The film is directed by Robert Weine, and it's pretty damn good, but it doesn't have the full blown craziness of expressionism as The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

I dont think The Fly films (original or remake) are masterpieces, and definitely not one of my favourites (despite the acclaim for Cronenberg's version)  but I wouldn't say they aren't good

24,564

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Zombie Lake (1981):  The plot was superb: Nazi zombies coming back for the dead looking for revenge. Talk about cheesy effects. I loved it! Definitely not as good as Dead Snow, but worth a watch if you like lots of cheese, and chicks. 6.5/10

24,565

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I thought the first The Fly was mediocre at best, but loved Cronenberg's revamp.

24,566

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Saw this few days agp

After Midnight (1989)

Fun teacher, making Person Wet him self in glass lol, the teacher invites some Collage Kids to house after Midnight for some very scary stories.

There were decent movies, nothing really stood in those story, I did like the first story and found a little funny.

The second story.  I didn't really like. I felt sorry for those dogs,

I already forgot what the 3rd story was!, I hated the way the movie ended as really just started all over again.

I hate those ending

I give 5 out of 10

24,567

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LoudLon wrote:

I thought the first The Fly was mediocre at best, but loved Cronenberg's revamp.

Karl Struss was the cinematographer on the original. He did "Some Like It Hot", one of my favorite comedies. But the work in The Fly was as you say, mediocre. The acting was pretty horrible. It's been a long time since I've seen the remake but it didn't impress me at the time. Maybe I should watch it again.

24,568

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Try watching it with the idea that Cronenberg is an allegorist; imagine Goldblum's fly-ness as being AIDS or cancer.  Who hasn't looked in a mirror and been stricken with a wave of panic when they find a bump that wasn't there before, or clumps of hair in the sink, or some strange lesion on their face?  That's how he approached the subject matter, rather than the more mundane, head-on approach the original took.

Just sayin'.

24,569

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I just watched Session 9.
A little slow in the beginning. But it got interesting towards the end.

24,570

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Anyone else think there are too many docs on American Slasher movies, say compared to doc on Gothic Horror, werewolves , vampires etc

24,571

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Underdog wrote:

Zombie Lake (1981):  The plot was superb: Nazi zombies coming back for the dead looking for revenge. Talk about cheesy effects. I loved it! Definitely not as good as Dead Snow, but worth a watch if you like lots of cheese, and chicks. 6.5/10

I never thought I would see this written about a Eurocine production that had to turn to Jean Rollins to direct because Jess Franco refused!

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Cannibal Campout - one of the better SOV 80's horror film. Contains some pretty cool gore for a movie with a non exsistent budget.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption (2011) - WTF!? Who funds this shit? I miss yhe good old days when b-movies were
actually fun to watch. I understand budgets and all, but when shortcuts are taken at every turn and its obvious most involved are just tryin to get through to collect a paycheck this is the crap we get.

2/10

Storage 24 (2012) - The trailer looked cool and then I read a lot of bad reviews online but it was decent I thought. Of-course im a sucker for monster flicks or sci-fi horror. The f/x was hit and miss, some was cool and well done and other times looked a bit fake. The end was very predictable but still better than the alternatives I guess.

7/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Bay (2012) - This was a pretty well done found footage flick. Very freaky, and stays within the border of what could "really bappen" I felt. A solid, welm made flick that makes ya really think...

8/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Possession