Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

^^^ I thought that was a very good movie, as well, and thought Denzel was even better in it than he was in Training Day.  And holy cow, Nadine Velazquez showing full-frontal in the first minute of the film?  Pardon my french, but fucking YES, PLEASE!  That is one SERIOUSLY gorgeous woman.

^^^
OH DAMN H3LL YESSS!!!
Gorgeous indeed.
Can't wait. smile

And dude, it's not just a quick flash, either.  She lingers naked throughout most of the opening scene.  I used to sit and watch My Name is Earl thinking "If there is a God, one day Nadine Velazquez will appear fully nude in a movie." 

I like to think He was listening. lol

Y'know what, it just occurred to me that makes the second time a movie has featured Denzel in bed with a jaw-droppingly gorgeous Latino actress showing full frontal.  Remember Eva Mendez in Training Day?  Yow........za!

^^^
Hahaha well thank you for your prayers man.
And yeah, Eva Mendez is a dangerous bomb.
Dangerous for my libido that is. lol

LoudLon wrote:

I LOVE Boogie Nights.  One of the very few flicks I give a straight 10/10.  The acting from all involved is top-notch, the soundtrack is amazing, the twists and turns the story takes are hilarious, dramatic and even harrowing, and it has one of my favorite moments of acting in any film I can think of -- the moment where Wahlberg as Dirk is in the drug dealer's house and stares off at nothing in particular as all this crazy shit's going on around him, and you can see him realizing and seeing the irony in how badly his life has spinned out of control, and he does so without speaking a single line of dialogue.  The first time I saw this flick, when I saw that moment, I thought "If Wahlberg doesn't get a nomination for best actor for this flick, there's something wrong with the world."

Well, there IS something wrong with the world, because he wasn't nominated for an Oscar.  Such a fresh, original character and Wahlberg nailed the performance in every way.  A real snub job, that.  Dude's a much better actor than he ever was a rapper, but I think most people discount him because of the Marky Mark thing.  This flick, plus The Fighter, shows he's got some major chops.

Boogie Nights is amazing...funny you mention that scene, its one of the nest in the movie for me also. Loaded with tension, and the asian guy letting off fire crackers is hilarious aswell lol. The movies got it all, its very serious and dramatic and silly and funny all at the same time. Not to mention I've always thought Julianne Moore was sexy as hell!

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I thought that was a very good movie, as well, and thought Denzel was even better in it than he was in Training Day.  And holy cow, Nadine Velazquez showing full-frontal in the first minute of the film?  Pardon my french, but fucking YES, PLEASE!  That is one SERIOUSLY gorgeous woman.

OMG!!! YES!!! She is sooooo fine lol. I was suprised how enthralled I stayed during the entirety of this flick, the plane crash was intense and the rest of the flick was a totally fascinating character study.

BLAM!!! 500 TT's to PunK for Drive Angry love!

^^^
Well thank you very much sir. smile

Looper

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

^^SH: A Game of Shadows was great. Looking forward to the third film.

Sly's Bullet to the Head.  More of a corrupt crime drama than the action film the trailers made it look.  Nice acting between Sly and Sung Kang (did you know that tacos are the best Italian food?  lol ).  The plot was a bit much, action was good, flow was decent, not much FX.

More Copland than Rambo, and I was expecting Rambo.  So for right now it gets a
6/10

(I may revise that up later, depending on my mood)

--------------

Pixar's Brave.
Not their best.  The plot was OK, good humor, but a bit too much of her being whiny.  I do have to say that the animation in Blu-ray HD was superb ("Say it again." "Superb." 100 TTs to 1st one who gets that reference.).  The visuals were fantastic, and the 7.1 surround sound was excellent (watched it on my dad's setup).

7/10

-----------------

Just caught Young Frankenstein on AMC. 

hoboRobotDude wrote:

This has to be the worst horror movie I've ever seen!

A black and white movie in 1974, blind people, Gene Wilder?  Gah, what a mess.

-5/10

Last edited by azathoth (2013-02-08 04:40:50)

THE CORE
Eckhart, Swank.
Always found this movie totally brilliant and the ones playing in it are so damn good during the whole movie. I liked the kid hacker and the ship builder a lot. But Eckhart and Hilary are totally awesome. I hated the guy played by Ray Galetti, annoying motherfreaucker.

Plot is wild, a ship drills down to the center of the earth to restart the core that's stopping and throw a bomb in there to do so. Talk about nuts!!!

Always enjoying this one. 10/10

Just got back from watch Les Miserables and stuffing face at TGIF

^^^
How what it???

On my top list to watch. I'm a huge Victor Hugo books fan so I definitely look forward to see this.

On TV now and I'm very happy about it, been too long. WAY too long I haven't seen this friggin' masterpiece.

CITIZEN KANE 1941
Just amazing, everything.
666.666/10

The Dark Knight Rises. fell asleep twice Meh! 6/10

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)

Nice film.  Had great pacing, nice FX, a twist on the standard plot (not that big of a deal), the dwarves were cool, and the fight scenes were well done.  Kristen Stewart (Snow White; of Twilight fame) actually acted for most of the film, Chris Hemsworth (Huntsman; of Thor and the Avengers) was great, and Charlize Theron was an excellent evil witch bitch (and looked fantastic doing it).  The movie just flowed along without me noticing how much time had gone by- that is a sign that I'm really engaged in the movie.  I didn't check the time count until it was 45 minutes in, the next time was at 1.5 hours (2 hour film).

I do have one HUGE problem with one scene.  Bad enough I'm dropping a full point off my rating.

*** SPOILER ***
At the end with Snow's coronation to queen, she get the crown, slowly stands up, takes a step forward, there's about 20-30 seconds of silence, the crowd yells "Long live the queen" for a bit, then they stop, she stands there for a few seconds, catches the eye of the Huntsman as he's walking out, and gives a little smile.
CREDITS
WTF is that!!!!  She doesn't say one dang word the entire scene, and looks like a zombie until that little smile at the last second.  She doesn't say anything like, "Now the reign of evil is over," doesn't go to the Huntsman, doesn't wave him over.

One of the most powerful & dramatic (near) end scenes I've ever seen was in LotR: Return of the King when Aragon says to the hobitts, "My friends, you bow to no one," then takes a knee to them.  THAT'S HOW YOU DO A CORONATION/(NEAR)END SCENE!

Even Vamps was yelling at the TV after Snow's coronation scene went straight to credits- "What!  That's it?!  What the hell?!"

*** END SPOILER ***

With that -1 point for the scene in the spoiler section-
7/10

THE LAST STAND

nice macho Movie

Life With Mikey (1993)

I haven't watched this since I was ten years old. Just an all around solid comedy w/ Michael J. Fox, Nathan Lane, Christina Vidal, and Cyndi Lauper.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

I finally got around to watching this on DVD and with my 2nd viewing I wouldn't go as far as to call this bad, but the weakest out of of The Dark Knight trilogy. I felt that this one was lacking Batman and focused heavily on Bruce Wayne too much, while the villains Bane and Catwoman didn't live up to the hype they were built up to. I was underwhelmed to say the least and I feel Batman's title as "World's Greatest Detective" was reduced to making him look like an idiot. It may not be perfect, but at least it's no Batman & Robin.

VALENTINE'S DAY
Alba, Biel, Hathaway, Garner, Kutcher, Cooper, Foxx to name a few. Phenomenal cast. Great romance comedy with some hilarious one liners and script. Always enjoyed it very much. 8/10

ENTER THE VOID
French movie. The most impressive use of 3D I've seen in my whole life is this thingy. A dude dies but stays between worlds and can travel to his sister and all over the place. In Tokyo.  Insane movie.
666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-09 23:47:38)

Tripod wrote:

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

I finally got around to watching this on DVD and with my 2nd viewing I wouldn't go as far as to call this bad, but the weakest out of of The Dark Knight trilogy. I felt that this one was lacking Batman and focused heavily on Bruce Wayne too much, while the villains Bane and Catwoman didn't live up to the hype they were built up to. I was underwhelmed to say the least and I feel Batman's title as "World's Greatest Detective" was reduced to making him look like an idiot. It may not be perfect, but at least it's no Batman & Robin.

The only thing I liked about this flick was Tom Hardy as Bane.  He played it differently than everyone expected and while most found his voice annoying, I liked it.  I thought he made for the only interesting charcacter in the flick (until they undermined him by basically having him be nothing more than "the muscle" with the final twist).  I did like the little nod at the end, though.  At least it ended on a good note.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 10/10
The Punisher (2004) 10/10