Re: Last thing you ate

^^ It's something I've recently gotten into. And I've been cooking up a storm!  I've made some delicious creations in the past few weeks.  I was trying to do the vegan thing for the first bit of the new year, but I don't think it's a lifestyle I can maintain.  I am trying to make more vegan and vegetarian choices though, which leads to interesting cooking!

^Speaking of vegetarian, I'm interested in trying tofu. I've been meaning to pick it up at my local supermarket but I'm not sure if they even sell tofu. I heard it's like a mild cheese but I'm willing to try it because it sounds good and a healthy alternative.

I do a lot of cooking with lean turkey and boneless skinless chicken breast.  I also do a lot of experimenting with homemade smoothies/health shakes; bean casseroles; various non-red-meat chilis.  I do have one favorite meal I like to cook -- homemade nachos.  Anyone who's ever tried them loves them, but since I turned 40 I've refrained from really going crazy in the kitchen like I used to.  I don't want to drop dead of a heart attack before I'm fifty just because I couldn't say no to my own nachos. lol

Can of Gumbo. Really good.

@Lon - I'll be over in a bit to eat with ya! big_smile

That's the thing I truely enjoy.
First time eating them but truely NOT the last.
Got my sugar back up perfectly. OH HENRY YUMMY!!! smile

Damn it's too good. And yeah, I eat LOOOAAADDDSSS of peanut butter everyday, crazy. lol

Tripod wrote:

^Speaking of vegetarian, I'm interested in trying tofu. I've been meaning to pick it up at my local supermarket but I'm not sure if they even sell tofu. I heard it's like a mild cheese but I'm willing to try it because it sounds good and a healthy alternative.

I love tofu. Great in stir-frys.

MoonRaven wrote:
Tripod wrote:

How does it taste plain? Does it have any flavor to it?

Tofu tastes like curdled snot.  My opinion.

LoudLon wrote:

Tofu tastes like curdled snot.  My opinion.

well i do enjoy myself a nice bowl of curdled snot every now and then lol

Damn PERFECT this has got to be. smile

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCdOV7xCMAALv6j.jpg:large

Just had me a nice bowl of tomato soup with a nice and toasty grilled cheese. Wish I had some clam chowder too, but tomato soup will do for now.

Tripod wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
Tripod wrote:

Not much in flavor...unless you want to consider curdled snot...ewww haha

flatbread sub from a good deli place downtown.  Spicy deli meats, spicy mustard, hot peppers...delicious.

Just an egg sandwich and a coffee in my giant mug

Strawberries and blackberries.

^^^
Loving these. Together even more.

Homade chicken/tomato sauce and cheese on Linguine pasta.

I had some honey bbq chicken nuggets with a cranberry juice to wash it down. smile

Fish rice and milk for breakfast and bread.

As I always make too much, I had the Linguine left overs, still as good as yesterday.

Tripod wrote:

Tofu usually takes on the taste of whatever you cook it with!  Usually if I'm making a stir fry, I'll heat up some garlic in a skillet and cook the tofu with it.  I put on some other seasoning like chili pepper and a tiny bit of soy sauce, and then i toss in my veggies.  It's super delicious!  Just make sure when you buy the tofu, you get the firm or extra firm one.  I got the soft one once by accident and the texture just turned me right off. 

I'm in love with this pumpkin chai tea I'm drinking!  I know it''s not food....But it's AMAZING  (**said as Archer quote)

Pulled pork sandwich

Breakfast stuff.
Eggs, Alpha Bits, bacon, peanut butter toasts.

Mustard

Just mustard??

I had watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe.

Nothing as good as a huge spoon of Dijon Mustard. lol