Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I was supposed to go to the QPR match today but it fell through, found a stream online though and it was a good match. Looking forward to watching Chelsea v City tomorrow, I hate them both but hope Chelsea win. Want City to be behind as much as possible!

What do you think about QPR sacking Mark Hughes and Chelsea with the whole Benitez saga?

Liverpool are making me very depressed right now. Please tell me Brendan Rogers why the hell are you playing the donkey that is Henderson!. He is literally single handedly throwing the whole match away for Liverpool.

Villa sucked last night, but we got the three points so that's all I care about.

Chelsea should hang their heads in shame for making such shocking allegations.

Everyone knew it was bollocks yet they've never issued a formal apology to Clattenuerg. They could have besmirched his name and ended his career but the gullible chairmen still won't admit responsibility.

If the F.A weren't so utterly shitscared of witch hunting in the face of preposterously spurious accusations of racism then they'd have docked Chelsea league points. I wonder how much Abramovich put into the F.A's coffers to avoid a public hearing?
The entire drama stinks.

The ref Clattenberg did nothing wrong and yet his name and reputation were dragged through the mud because no one at the F.A had the balls to stand up to the Chelsea heirachy and tell them they were out of order to even bring these false charges.

The Football Association should dock points from Chelsea for their unrepentant mishandling of this stupid case and fine them severely.

No offense to any Man City fans here on the forums, but god damn they are a horrible team that run on luck alone.

I hope Man Utd win the league, City and their manager who hasn't a notion of how manage simply put - don't deserve it.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

No offense to any Man City fans here on the forums, but god damn they are a horrible team that run on luck alone.

I hope Man Utd win the league, City and their manager who hasn't a notion of how manage simply put - don't deserve it.

Here, here my good man!!! All Mancini is good for is looking like a tit in a scarf. They do get extrordinarily lucky at times, it's so aggravating.

And I don't think we have any city fans here, at least I hope not! City fans only picked it because City has less letters than United so it's easier to spell.

Ahem. Fergie Time anyone?

Heheh, Fergie time is sacred time! How can you talk? The scousers only won the European cup against Milan in Fergie time! big_smile

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Midnight-Angel19/man_u_reds_rd.jpg

Come on lads, I have everything crossed that we smash them tomorrow!!! Sweet, sweet revenge. It would just be beautiful, even if you're not a supporter it would be great if you could support us tomorrow big_smile Unlikely though lol

^
Boo. Go on Man City.

A win at their ground is unlikely but it'll put us 6 points ahead so, here's to all the international contingent on here crossing their fingers , and bananas, you know who you are!!! and getting behind the cock of the north tomorrow afternoon...

Revenge is a dish best served cold, and believe you me, it's gonna be freezing in Manny tomorrow!!! big_smile

http://e2.365dm.com/12/12/660x350/Roberto-Mancini-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Manchester-_2871365.jpg

The tension is mounting...

Oooh, 6 points ahead with a win at the Emptyhead, drool!

It's gonna be tough and our defence is making me cringe at points, but just imagine!

Can't get much colder Fulc, think Fergie can handle it better than old Mancini though tongue Let's hope they don't increase their bloody pen count, 4 in their last 3 home games. Come on you Reds!

Gonna get to the pub for midday tomoz, neck about 5 pints of Stella and soak up the atmosphere. Depending on the result I may have to call in a sickie on Monday morning haha! big_smile

CUMON UTD, let's put those blue upstarts back in their East Manc slums haha!!!

Nothing beats a Manc derby... I'm on tenterhooks...

Oh god me too, it's gonna be tense but hopefully a fantastic game. Wish I could be back in Manc for it, I loved goin the pub and watching them when I lived there. Amazing atmos!

I'm gonna have a few beers, then a few more, win or lose!

Aaargh, can't wait but it's so tense too

^
Just curios but how long have u been a man united fan may I enquire HorrorQueen.

All my life Vas. I have family in Manchester, lived there for a few years too. All of my family are United fans, people ask me this question all the time because I live in Leeds, but I can assure you, I went to my first match when I was about 6!

Man Utd will win 3-1 tomorrow. Calling it now.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

All my life Vas. I have family in Manchester, lived there for a few years too. All of my family are United fans, people ask me this question all the time because I live in Leeds, but I can assure you, I went to my first match when I was about 6!

That's cool. Though there is a bitter and historic rivalry between Liverpool and Man Utd I will always respect true fans of any club, including Man U. What I cant stand is when people just decide to get into football one day and then see Man Utd as the most contemporary successful team in England (in regards to winning the premier league title etc), and so choose to convieniently support them.

You had a bet on it Scav? I bet on first goalscorers quite often but I never bet on my own team, superstitious!

Oh I know, I had a friend at uni who was a Liverpool fan and we ribbed each other all the time! I know what you mean, and I do agree that that does happen a lot. I can see why people would think that I'm like that, seeing how I don't live in Manchester any more. It's like this year I have seen a ton of kids, literally a hundred probably at work who are wearing City shirts, when last year I saw them and they had no interest in football. It's irritating

YEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

It was a nail-biter and definitely squeaky bum time in the last ten minutes or so but yet again, the big Dutch man saved the day for us in Fergie time (TM) haha! I thought Utd played the best footy and deserved the win, plus we should have been 3-0 up anyway cos Young was onside as he converted Van Persies shot off the post.

Anyway, take a load of that you bitter blue-nosed bastards!

6 points clear at the top of the table - happy days! big_smile

So bloody happy right now.

12 POINTS CLEAR! with 12 games to go. Citeh's cracking up good & proper now, showing that last year was a total fluke. We are still in the cup and Champions League too and at the moment it couldn't look better for us big_smile

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Midnight-Angel19/FergieMancini_zps46aac24d.jpg

As a Liverpool fan I couldn't be more depressed.

I take it you football fans have heard of the match fixing stories?  Any thoughts on that?  Remember, I'm American, so I don't know the intricacies of how it all works.

Rogers keeps coming out with ridiculous things too which just seem to rub it in, wasn't he saying before the match that you were still on track to get 4th spot?

We still have a long way to go, and personally I'm annoyed that they're paying out on us winning the league now as it feels like tempting fate, but we are playing very very well at the moment, and the whole regime at City seems to be falling apart around them. Apparently Mancini flew off to Italy after the match without speaking to any of his players. It pains me to root for Leeds but I bloody hope they knock them out of the cup!

Lol Rogers says before the match that they can still get fourth, not anymore! lol

But Villa managed to get a win yesterday (thank god) so maybe we will start climbing the table now!